AUTODATA CIRCUIT DIAGRAM HELP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUTODATA CIRCUIT DIAGRAM HELP
The title is there to grab your attention hope it worked! Basically i need some help with the interior fan in my car im hoping someone can get me a circuit diagram so i can figure out how the system works(the resistor the fan speed selector etcetc). We had autodata at college but i cant use the login unless im on one of there computers! Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
can you access your college account from home ? most colleges allow a student portal so they can happily work from home and do hours of self-study ??
Thanks given by:
I think its expired now i left in june haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tom give me the model of car engine aicon? and build number code and i try to get it off service box for you
Thanks given by:
1996 D Turbo non aircon.. Where would i find the build number code?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
try this see if this looks right

.pdf   xuddt.pdf (Size: 385.18 KB / Downloads: 24)
Thanks given by:
Cheers for that, think i misjudged my ability to read an electrical diagram though lol

If anyone wants to look at that electrical diagram and tell me what you think it would be nice. Basically the black plug isnt grounded atall, and the red plug is constantly 12v regardless of switch position. So im thinking i have 2 separate issues.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Right i need some help. Anyone?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
with what?
Thanks given by:
With this shit problem i have. Basically the black plug isnt grounded atall, and the red plug is constantly 12v regardless of switch position. So im thinking i have 2 separate issues.
If i use the ground for the motor with my multi meter it says its 2v.. if i ground the meter somewhere else it tells me that the red wire to the motor is constantly 12v...
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
you need to help me out here tom

where is the black plug ?
is it
1.on the fan
2.on the heater control knob

where is the red plug?

what colour is the plug in the resistor pack
brown?
Thanks given by:
The black and red plugs in question are the ones that go to the fan. I think the plug on the resistor is brown yes, Is the resistor in the air intake behind the top glove box?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
when you say red and black plug on the fan i think you are saying the wire colours not the plug colour

if that is correct
yes one wire to the fan will be live 12v all the time with the ign on
the speed is controlled by switching more resistors in the 0v side of the fan 0v wire
Thanks given by:
So do i need to measure the resistance from the 0v wire on the fan to a ground and that will tell me if its the resistor thats broked? But then if the speed selection switch isnt working i wont get correct resistance readings anyway?

I was saying wire colours yes, the Red wire has a green plug i believe thats the constant 12v one.
And the Black wire i honestly cant remember what colour plug was on it, tempted to say black, but its late.

Thanks for your help so far mate, my electrical knowledge only goes so far lol.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
first i would test the fan!
how
find the 12v wire on the Fan plug make sure it is at 12v
then take a spare piece of cable put it to the chasis earth and dab the other end of it on the black 0v wire at the fan

the fan should run at full speed

this will prove the fan is ok
Thanks given by:
Already done this fan works perfectly. and i have the full 12v on the red wire Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
cool
now your going to test the resistor
turn the ignition off
unplug the resistor

set your meter to ohms
touch both ends of the probs together meter should read 0/zero ohms or very close

on the resistor you should be able to see pin numbers if you have good eyesight Wink
measure the resistance from pin4 on the resistor to pin 6 you should get a reading

them measure between
4-5
4-1
4-2

each reading should get less than the first reading you took at 4-6
Thanks given by:
Can i get to the resistor by removing the top glove box?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
to be honest i dont know where it is im just working from the drawing i posted
is it not near the air intake under the wiper arms?
Thanks given by:
There is a funny looking thing with like coils sat in there with a brown plug. But i cant remember if it was accessible via the top glove box... Im all the way up bude for lunch today anyway so wont have time to look until i get home later anyways! I will report back with readings etc when its done Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
funny thing with coils with a brown plug sounds about right Wink
Thanks given by:
Its under the scuttle on ph1s afaik. Smile
Thanks given by:
Right i found it, i get no readings anywhere. Regardless of meter settings, i get no readings on any pins. What the actual shit f*ck does that mean. It physically looks fine, no coils f*cked and hanging off :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
no reading across any pin at all? you are measuring the resistor coil thing with the brown plug not the wires?

if you have your meter on ohms and you test the meter by touching the prob's the reading should be low ie:0-1-2
if that right

id say that the resistor was pritty fecked thats why you have no earth path from the motor

to prove wiring and the switch works and the fan in the car

link pins at the resistor end plug (wire side) with a piece of wire

link
pins 4-2 (fan should work at full speed setting)
pins 4-1(fan should work at third speed setting)
pins 4-5(fan should work at second speed setting)
pins 4-6(fan should work at first speed setting)
Thanks given by:
Yeah the resistor pack very strange how theres nothing at all. Will link the pins tomorrow when i have some light, hate working in the rain.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Replaced with one from scrappy works again, switch doesnt work on 3 or 4. The one from the scrappy looks shit and works and my original looks newish and is broke... wtf
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Just to bump up an old thread just had exactly the same problem again. Another resistor f*cked :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring diagram for heated seats bebic 0 1,594 28-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Last Post: bebic
  3 Plug ECU wiring diagram Uberderv 2 2,703 09-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  D turbo ph2 fuse box diagram hilly5672 1 1,340 23-05-2016, 10:15 PM
Last Post: hilly5672