Decent tools

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent tools
All the tools iv managed to break have been made by teng. 20 years ago they may have been good. only thing i like about teng is they are cheep
Thanks given by:
http://www.screwfix.com/p/impact-socket-...id=1382641

carry this in the car its brilliant

also got a few bahco and halfrauds pro sets to
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
I do also have a bit of snap on gear. It is expensive but I only buy some when its on offer and as I can pay off so much each week it doesn't seem so expensive lol. I think there ratchets are the best on the market though!
Thanks given by:
Normal sockets are fine on an air wratchet, I've got a nice mac tools set of 1/2 impact sockets 10mm-25mm without missing anything
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
if its your trade/profession, you wil be buying snap-on as its getting used every day and needs to be reliable.
some of my snap-on and britool stuff is probably older than nearly every person reading this thread !!!!! but i bought it as i was told to buy the best and pay a lot or but cheap shite and keep on replacing it with cheap shite.........
if i was just maintaining my own car, i would go with the stuff from machine mart,sealey,teng ,bergen......yes its all made in china but the stuff has a guarantee. i advise people to buy 6-sided impact sockets instead of shiny ones as they are stronger and will work on rounded nuts (instead of 12 sided ones slipping).
bluepoint stuff used to be good 20 years ago when it was all usa manufactured but its also all chinese now, including their toolboxes---their 1/4 and 3/8 socket sets work well though ?

like everything in life----you will pay for quality, there isnt often a genuine cheap alternative thats any good. and just like whatever hobbies you may have----you will allways pay dearly for the best stuff ??
Thanks given by:
What compressor have you got yourself Niall? Built in regulators and stuff?

Get yourself plenty of quick release fittings and plenty of flux/thread tape, try and get PCL fittings

If its for yourself at home I'd go with sealed, machine mart etc, I've got a VAToff discount day ticket actually, I'd personally get impact sockets too as a gun will muller and split/slip on a normal socket

Machine marts airline is a good quality too and I'm sure they doo the retractable reels too,

Drop me a pm if you want any other advice or that discount etc.
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2012, 11:15 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: What compressor have you got yourself Niall? Built in regulators and stuff?

Get yourself plenty of quick release fittings and plenty of flux/thread tape, try and get PCL fittings

If its for yourself at home I'd go with sealed, machine mart etc, I've got a VAToff discount day ticket actually, I'd personally get impact sockets too as a gun will muller and split/slip on a normal socket

Machine marts airline is a good quality too and I'm sure they doo the retractable reels too,

Drop me a pm if you want any other advice or that discount etc.

Thanks mate appreciate it. Ive bought a Sealey 50L 4.8l CFM compressor. Not brilliant but all i could justify spending tbh and it got very good reviews. I also bought a Bergen 15m hose and PCL fittings. Its not the best set up in the world but as i said, its all i can justify for the use it will get. Do you reckon PTFE tape will be alright for the fittings? I personally cant see the problem with it!
Yes it has got a built in regulator but hasnt got a in line oiler so will be taking a trip down to the tool shop down the road to get one!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
PTFE tape will just add another preventative for air leaks, I think the sealey or Clarke stuff has a good guarantee too, that compressor will do you fine, I used to use mine a lot but I tend to use my impact wrench more now as its just easy really
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  brake line making tools zx_volcane 3 1,602 07-10-2016, 08:12 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  same tools, different manufacturer bashbarnard 27 7,995 01-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Last Post: P-Courty
Tongue Tools Matt 31 9,467 18-04-2015, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Tom