Fan/blower motor voltages and help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fan/blower motor voltages and help!
Basically i changed my heater matrix over the last few days but i dont even know if its working because i put the car back together now the fan wont work. Im going to rattle off what i know, then hopefully someone with electrical knowledge can help me out a bit, Just in that mood where i finally got the dash back on, home straight, havent drove it for 3 days and this happens so apologys for being grumpySad
The day the heater matrix shit itself the fan stopped working on settings 3 and 4.
It did work on 1 and 2.
When i put the dash back on yesturday the fan didnt work atall, it was soaking, brought fan indoors wd40 and a radiator and it worked on 1 and 2 for a few minutes this morning then died.
With the fan plugged in i tested the voltage, black on a suitable earth and red on the red/wire/terminal of the fan motor. This read 6volts regardless of fan speed setting.
So i lost my rag called it a lady garden and came inside for cooked breakfast.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its odd to stop working on 4, that kinda rules out the resistor pack as I believe 4 is a direct feed.

Are you sure the heater panel cable hasn't fallen out?
Thanks given by:
Definately plugged in :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, well in that case, I guess it's f*cked.
Thanks given by:
Thats the thing, not sure if the switches are f*cked or if the motors f*cked. The conections are that f*cking difficult to get at on the motor i cant bench test it. Thankfully this new fangled heat i have is keeping the windscreen demisted without the need for fans. But i need my f*cking fans back!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Meh, I still haven't fixed my blower, probably won'tget round to it either, just drive faster to get the air to flow through! lol

I reckon you've pulled/trapped/shorted a wire somewhere though tbh, thats what happened with mine, the wires in the plug won't stay in.
Thanks given by:
Really i need another one to test it all out on :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Hmm, if you have any local scrappys just see how cheap a motor/heater panel would be to swap in, if its not much might as well give it a go. Well thats what I'd do anyway as I'm crap with a multimeter lol.
Thanks given by:
Im fine with a meter its just i dont know what voltages are ment to be where haha... I may have to swap bits with others til it works Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Blower motor replaced and working but no air coming from vents? Zubes3 4 1,269 19-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: Zubes3
  Update: blower motor issue full fan speed all the time rich_n_stace2014 5 1,607 01-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Last Post: rich_n_stace2014
  Another blower motor problem! NOSE 0 1,034 25-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Last Post: NOSE