temp gauge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
temp gauge
Bug 
im new here so not sure if the right section any how i've got my first pug. its a 306 hdi to be exact but have a problem with the temp gauge it shoots straight up to past the red and when i turn my dipped beam on it shoots back down .

any help would be greatfull thanks
Thanks given by:
check the earths and the plugs on the chassis leg by the gearbox
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Also check the earth by the accelerator cable! Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
how would i check these much appreciated
Thanks given by:
Unbolt it and have a look over it, look for any corrosion etc, then some emery cloth or sandpaper or it and a bit of vaseline to make a good connection.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
going to pull my hair out lol just cleaned the earths on chassis leg any more i should check as still haven't solved it.
thanks
Thanks given by:
post 3 in this thread shows all the earths
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-9057.html
you could also try this get one jump lead connect 1 end to battery negative terminal and the the other end to the engine block try your lights now see if this solves your issues if not try one end of the jump lead onto the battery negative terminal then the other to a body earth point strut top bolt or something like that and retry the lights.
Thanks given by:
i get wat your coming at will try this tomoro but whats buging me is when turn the key in the ignition just before i start it the temp gauge shoots straight up past the red but then turn my sidelights on it drops just a little but dipped beam just takes to where it was when it was stone cold if you get what i mean can get pictures or a small vid ifit would help

thanks moonstoneblue
Thanks given by:
pics please
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Definately sounds like an earth issue.. Maybe have the clocks out and check over all of that?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
got fed up with it taking it to a mechanic to get it sorted plus other few bits lol
Thanks given by:
got the temp gauge sorted now so it doesnt shoot striaght up Smile but when ever i turn my lights on still it drops it is like something is drawing power away from the temp gauge lol

ps the mechanics to dear lol

thanks moonstone
Thanks given by:
check fuses.
I had funny clock issues when I put it into reverse...rear lights were fine but a fuse had blow and refused...causing resistance
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oil Temp Gauge Help TommiePuglet 2 1,728 03-11-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TommiePuglet
Sad Help with temp gauge Nathan1305 2 1,664 21-08-2014, 09:23 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Fuel gauge/Temp sensor pugtk 0 937 05-07-2014, 08:57 PM
Last Post: pugtk