Hello!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hi there, thought I best say hi as I have been scouting the forum over the last week trying to hunt down my new HDI estate.

After a few attempts, I have finally sourced my new car and am going to collect next weekend. Luckily I have family close enough to the car to take a look, apparently it is nice and solid, straight and true. She's got under 100K on the clock which was a big deal for me, replaced rear axle recently and FSH. Not too shabby! I am very excited.

So, enough of the rambling, here she is...

[Image: estate3.jpg]

[Image: estate2.jpg]

[Image: estate1.jpg]

[Image: estate4.jpg]

[Image: estate5.jpg]

[Image: estate6.jpg]

I'm going to keep her fairly standard to start and just sort out it's blemishes. Could do with either a new wing and rear bumper or some paint repairs on both and needs a new rear wiper or remove it totally and a china mirror cover on the one side, but that is about all.

Which brings me to my first question to you all, I am a noob as far as the derv's go and not really in the know how mechanically so I apologise if this question has been answered or explained a million times. Anyway, I will want to get her remapped soon(ish) and dont know where to start, getting anywhere for a remap is a difficulty to me however I understand there is a way I can do this myself? If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very grateful. Also, is there a guide somewhere to towbar removal?

Thanks, Tom.
Thanks given by:
Best advice for remapping.. Get your own tool either a KWP2000 or a Galletto then all you need is the map, flash it across and voila!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Id leave the towbar on, might save you if someone bumps into the back of you Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Midnightclub Wrote:Best advice for remapping.. Get your own tool either a KWP2000 or a Galletto then all you need is the map, flash it across and voila!

That's what I was hoping you'd say. I think my mate has one of these, diagnostics tool yeah? He's a peugeot mechanic so that must be it. So where do I acquire the map?!

Cheers again, Tom.
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Id leave the towbar on, might save you if someone bumps into the back of you Tongue

Fair shout, I might take it off and spray it a matte black in that case.
Thanks given by:
tomcannon Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Id leave the towbar on, might save you if someone bumps into the back of you Tongue

Fair shout, I might take it off and spray it a matte black in that case.

Thats a good idea, maybe do it a lairy colour? Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard Smile. Estate looks nice, maybe just remove the shield from the tow bar if you're not going to use it? Make it a bit more subtle.
Thanks given by:
tomcannon Wrote:
Midnightclub Wrote:Best advice for remapping.. Get your own tool either a KWP2000 or a Galletto then all you need is the map, flash it across and voila!

That's what I was hoping you'd say. I think my mate has one of these, diagnostics tool yeah? He's a peugeot mechanic so that must be it. So where do I acquire the map?!

Cheers again, Tom.

I've sent you a PM mate Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
welcome. im not much help on the derv side of things but loads of peeps on here to help you. nice car by the way.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome! The car looks really good Smile I agree with the above, about spraying the tow bar black, will make it much less obvious!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hello.
[Image: 20120110_141823-1-1-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Welcome along pal
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum mate Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Hey there!

is that a white tail plate? or just the lighting of it..
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Nice looking car and the best colour! Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, I'm assuming it's just the light, cant see why she would have a white tailplate, I'll find out soon enough!

Tom.
Thanks given by: