diesel leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
diesel leak
Wink 
Hi my d turbo seems to have a diesel leak but a dunno where its coming from and it seems to be worse when a park on a bank (facing upwords) is there common faults with the pump of will a just have to have a good look at all the pipes etc ? The pump seems to have diesel all over it aswell but can't seem to see any split pipes or leaking ones any help would be appriciated
Thanks given by:
could be the leak off pipes. take the intercooler off and have a good look. its common for them to leak and thats where i would start as its easy
Thanks given by:
Where are the leak off pipes ?? Are they what join to each other on top of the glow plugs ???
Thanks given by:
the little pipes that go from 1 injector to the next. little black pipes
Thanks given by:
What pump is it could be the seals gone on the pump which is quite common.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Had to ring the AA because it wouldn't start it turns out it was the seals in the pump causing an air lock in the fuel system every time a go to start it a need to bleed the system so a need a new pump just what a needed just before Xmas!!
Thanks given by:
just get a seal kit in ebay and rebuild...

if its a bosch pump...I have one for sale...very good condition, completely unmolested... ready to send snd be fitted Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Me mate had a spare pump there its a Lucas one tho but am not really bothered long as a get me car sorted 65 quid to fit it so not too bad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  diesel pump leak callumh121 3 1,111 08-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Last Post: callumh121
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,883 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug
Thumbs Down Diesel leak DragonRacer 4 1,420 06-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Last Post: DragonRacer