intermittent wiper problem

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intermittent wiper problem
As the subject suggests I'm having some issues with my wipers, the last couple of days they seem to stop whenever they feel like it. When it first happened they refused to work for the remainder of the drive, checked the fuses and it was fine, next time I got in the car it was fine. Past this I haven't looked into it, just wondered if there are any common issues to do with this or definite places I should look for the cause?
Thanks given by:
Check the relay does it click with wipers on? If that is ok could be the motor. There is a guide for repairing them or fit a known good one. It could also be the stalk but I would say most likely the motor

Thanks given by:
Thanks spike, I'm thinking the motor. Just got home and the wipers were juddering across the screen after stopping completely for a short period.I just don't want them to stop when I'm on a motorway or something, could get quite sketchy. I'll check the relay first as you say then have a look at the motor
Thanks given by:
I would say 100% motor mate. There is a guide on how to repair it or just swap it out for a known good one Wink

Thanks given by:
I'll have a check for the guide, have to check the scrappies I think. Thanks again
Thanks given by:
No worrys mate Smile

Thanks given by:
Don't bother repairing it............I repaired 2 and they only lasted a week.

Oh, and the one on my HDi is now broken too, jumping and skipping all the time! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
clearly you didnt repair and service it well enough!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2012, 09:04 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: clearly you didnt repair and service it well enough!!

Nope, I'm shit at fixing things, but slightly better at just replacing them. lol
Thanks given by:
iirc its the bushes in the motor that cause this problem. Never done it myself but i know that people just take them apart and clean then and then put them back and normally that fixes the problem!
Thanks given by:
The tracks become dirty or lack grease. Clean them up and re grease and job done!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiper problem (relay?) Pughawk 6 3,077 25-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wiper Problem mangler 3 1,763 08-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mangler
  Rain sensor auto/intermittent wiper problems camoturd 4 1,309 25-11-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: Toms306