Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silverzx's White 205 1.9 DT XUD
Tempted put this back on the road for 6 months whilst its wet weather. The nissan isn't great on fuel and is pretty lairy in the wet.

Hmm, best get cracking!

On a positive note, bought a speedo cable from Pug for £30! So at least I'll see my speed again!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I really want a 205 1.9, simple as dropping xud in, and using 1.8d shafts?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 12:14 PM)padge Wrote: I really want a 205 1.9, simple as dropping xud in, and using 1.8d shafts?

Xud7 shafts or 1.6 gti shafts as there the same :-)
Gear linkages are a bit of a pita if you use the xud9 gearbox but nothing a few bodges won't sort

Xud7 coolant flange is a useful part to keep hold of as the 205 hoses are routed differently to a 306

Engine coversion in a 205 is a piece of piss it's everything else like all the rounded off /seized bolts that are the annoying part as 205s are that sort of age now where if it hasn't already been changed its going to be stuck lol
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
or just flog the jap crap and put this back on the road !! Wink

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 02:35 PM)puglove Wrote: or just flog the jap crap and put this back on the road !! Wink

At least I could buy coil overs for all four corners on the jap scrap...

Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
pfftt just more expense, you cant say you dont love how TB set ups drive!

Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 02:35 PM)puglove Wrote: or just flog the jap crap and put this back on the road !! Wink

+1 lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(04-10-2013, 05:03 PM)puglove Wrote: pfftt just more expense, you cant say you dont love how TB set ups drive!

Yes, more expensive, at least parts are readily avaliable though.

Admitedly I feel a lot more confident driving the 205/306, so much more predictable then a RWD, you can drive them as hard as you want and you won't spin out or lose control.

Mind you the 205 can't do epic overtakes like the Datsun.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(05-10-2013, 09:29 AM)silverzx Wrote: the Datsun.

lmao
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Cambelt sounds like its rubbing or something isn't right as I've tried to demonstrate in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YnKg-6p1Zk

These other two were just for fun:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r03VZXAcuQ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jzy4X2TKHk
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Mine smokes all colours under the sun on first start, isnt that what xud's are suppose to do?!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah suppose so Tom! Tongue

Got a few parts building up..

GT2052V
11mm Darren pump
Stack EGT & boost gauge
FMIC kit

Need to order more gauges: revs, water temp, oil temp, oil pres and get some exhaust bits ordered up.

Anyone keen to pop down and give us a hand with the pump? I'm happy to remove the lucas and fit the bosch its just the timing and initial setup that I'll need assistance/guidance with.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 03:13 PM)silverzx Wrote: Anyone keen to pop down and give us a hand with the pump? I'm happy to remove the lucas and fit the bosch its just the timing and initial setup that I'll need assistance/guidance with.

Isn't that bad tbf, inlet bolts are ideal for timing bolts. Just lock everything off and put the belt on. I recommend having the bottom pulley and cover off so you can see the belt and ensure its tight around the crank.
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 03:17 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Isn't that bad tbf, inlet bolts are ideal for timing bolts. Just lock everything off and put the belt on. I recommend having the bottom pulley and cover off so you can see the belt and ensure its tight around the crank.

Mmm, I understand that but as its my first pump swap I'd rather have someone with previous experience to oversee it all.

Worst comes to worse I crack on and go solo. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Yay, plans sounds good, im after an 11mm now or maybe a 10 just to be different :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Heh, yeah, had a 9mm on the old 306 so wanted to see what an 11mm was like and make my own judgement.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
should go well trent, how you going to control the vnt fella?
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(13-10-2013, 03:26 PM)silverzx Wrote: Cambelt sounds like its rubbing or something isn't right

You'd bet buy my new XUD cam belt kit then oh and oil line Big Grin

Thanks given by:
(21-10-2013, 04:49 PM)padge Wrote: should go well trent, how you going to control the vnt fella?

Boost operated actuator, various sources telling me messing with the standard VAC operated actuator is a PITA.

(21-10-2013, 07:50 PM)puglove Wrote:
(13-10-2013, 03:26 PM)silverzx Wrote: Cambelt sounds like its rubbing or something isn't right

You'd bet buy my new XUD cam belt kit then oh and oil line Big Grin

£20 including lowering my car? Blush

Which turbo/fitment is the oil line for?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
T2/k14 & i think £20 isabit cheap Tongue

Thanks given by:
Haha £20 is a bit cheap isn't it! Tongue

Don't need a T2/K14 line, need a GT2052V line so will be making a trip to my local friendly hydraulics shop.

Do you have a spare T2 actuator?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Nop afraid not

Thanks given by:
Ah, nevermind. Anyone else have anything suitable?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Actuator? Did your turbo no have one on it you can open up and turn around?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 01:46 PM)Tom Wrote: Actuator? Did your turbo no have one on it you can open up and turn around?

It does but is that really the best way to do it? I know volcane_zx had issues with his resealing properly and sacked it off in the end!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I dont have a clue really lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
You can reverse them, just gotta take your time a bit...ive done that on mine / the audi with no problems, just important to crimp it tight / keep it circular, and also mod the spring as if you leave it stock length it will never move until way to much pressuer is behind it!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
lovely motor this mate, i'd love one! proper sleeper Wink
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
(28-10-2013, 10:47 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: You can reverse them, just gotta take your time a bit...ive done that on mine / the audi with no problems, just important to crimp it tight / keep it circular, and also mod the spring as if you leave it stock length it will never move until way to much pressuer is behind it!

Mmm, will probably end up sending you a load of pictures saying it's all gone wrong heh! Angel

(31-10-2013, 02:24 PM)ChezHdi Wrote: lovely motor this mate, i'd love one! proper sleeper Wink

Cheers dude! It doesn't owe me a lot of money so can't see myself selling it really.

Anyone have a NON-EGR exhaust manifold for sale for me to put the GT2052v onto? Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
So my front bumper clip things either side are rounded off. Cables ties it is...

Still super confused how anyone fits FMIC's on these but meh, MTFU needed!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by: