bonnet lineing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bonnet lineing
after having a good look at the bonnet lineing which is suppost to cool the intercooler theres loads of obstructions ect that stop a good air flow.

has anyone ever made there own cold air feed or modifed the lining? just after ideas, dont really have the need for a fmic at the moment, better air flow to the standard one would be nice
Thanks given by:
The biggest problem with the standard TMIC is that its mounted but a few inches above a stupidly hot turbo and even closer to the not quite so hot engine so gets massively heat soaked.

I believe that the best people have really managed is inserting large wire (coathanger) rings inside the standard feed to hold it open properly.

Bonnet scoops look stupid and are pretty pointless as they theoretically need to be huge to get any decent air flow.

You can use your rear washer feed and a length of pipe with some holes drilled in it on the TMIC to squirt cold washer fluid onto the TMIC and increase its efficiency and this is actually surprisingly effective (ever put your hand in a bucket of screen wash on a hot day, its colder then the ambient temperature)

Realistically for any massive improvements a FMIC is the way forward and can be done pretty cheap with an intercooler off a mordern car or van and the piping and manifolds of an Xantia or 406 TD
Thanks given by:
coat hanger rings are the way forward lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
give that a try definatly
Thanks given by: