Spring/Early summer club meet

Poll: next club meet
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reading - April
18.75%
6 18.75%
Some where else - April
56.25%
18 56.25%
Reading - Summer
6.25%
2 6.25%
Some where else - Summer
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring/Early summer club meet
Im done Big Grin
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 09:43 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 07:24 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: To be honest you don't even have to drive the passes hard, a steady drive following me or Jonny would be best, we know the roads so we can set a safe pace. The views are amazing! And to be fair, most of the Hardknott you don't wanna drive fast, trust me...

Epic plan. Kendal would be perfect, and as said there's a youth hostel for those not man enough to camp, but too cheap for a hotel. Wink

I'll do some research tonight Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
There's a few campsites i can inquire at?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 01:20 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: There's a few campsites i can inquire at?

Could do yeah. It could be even more of a laugh if we all just camp, cheaper too...
Thanks given by:
Yeah camping is good. We're all in a field getting royally geezboed!!! Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gotta be April IMO, new financial years annual leave allowance starts then plus theres too many shows over the summer to spend loads on going to a camping meet.

Camping meet for the win as at this meet most people either stayed in the car park drinking home brew or went to the pub and moaned about the bar prices and that it didnt have their tipple of choice and if they did it wasnt poured properly.

I think Cornwall or the lakes or the dales would be good to get away and make a change from the usual.

If we are going to go for a scenic drive could one of the locals just print our a route map and/or directions then people can go at their own pace.

Also if its just a meet for lols and it is miles away i dont mind giving one or 2 of the local petrol owners a lift (especially if theyer insured to share the driving)
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 04:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: meet for lols and it is miles away i dont mind giving one or 2 of the local petrol owners a lift (especially if theyer insured to share the driving)

Think i would rather pay for the fuel in the gti or take the kia. Even a kia will be more reliable than the history of your cars!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 04:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Gotta be April IMO, new financial years annual leave allowance starts then plus theres too many shows over the summer to spend loads on going to a camping meet.

Camping meet for the win as at this meet most people either stayed in the car park drinking home brew or went to the pub and moaned about the bar prices and that it didnt have their tipple of choice and if they did it wasnt poured properly.

Agreed on the time of year

Agreed on camping but I certainly wasn't complaining £2.09 for a pint of thatchers gold :-) winnnarrr
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gotta disagree about printing a map though. I don't for one minute suspect that people's driving is not up to scratch, however, hooning lake district roads that you don't know really is asking for it. Staying in convoy also makes for epic photo banter lol

Thanks given by:
I'd be up for camping, if it's up North then that's cool considering the this year's April camping meet was near Salisbury...could well turn into a yearly camping meet!

Just to echo the points above, I think if we're planning on going for a drive then it needs to be made immediately clear that this will be a leisurely drive in a convoy. But anyway, we can sort that out nearer the time Smile
Thanks given by:
What Jonny said is bang right. These roads might be pretty intimidating if your not used to them, very narrow, very bumpy, badly surfaced and in the case of the Buttertubs Pass in particular an 800 foot drop with a length of garden hose to hold you back from it. They are amazing, but they are real widow makers, and need to be treated with respect. I personally think the best way is have a convoy with maybe 2 or 3 groups headed by me, Jonny or Mark Airey to set a steady pace. I mean the Hardknott Pass, you'll be working very hard to average 45mph it's that twisty and narrow...

God damn awesome though Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I've been through and to Kendall a few times but never out in the town. Bern to Keswick and done Catbells twice in a week the 1st time it took 3 days to dry our boots out after the heavens opened up on us so all I will say is if its the Lakes you will get very very wet very very quickly so I'm not going to camp on the basis I know how it can be up there.
Thanks given by:
I'll be there I promise. I need to be, have to be, want to be and must be.
Thanks given by:
Im in

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 06:09 PM)puglove Wrote: Im in

That's actually not what she said :-0
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
But it is what the milkman said! ohhhhhhhhh!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 05:37 PM)Andy Wrote: I'll be there I promise. I need to be, have to be, want to be and must be.

who said your wanted.

It doesnt want to be too far north as we want as many members as possible to make it. Know that sounds harsh on you northern lot but dont forget the majority of members are south. I do think a drive would be really good but we really do have to stress that it wont be a proper hoon. Most of us wont know the roads and if youve got 20+ cars trying to drive hard and be a bit competitive, all it takes is for one person to over cook it slightly and it could end in big disaster! Also dont want to attract police attention.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Going for a drive = bad idea in reality

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 06:25 PM)puglove Wrote: Going for a drive = bad idea in reality

Not at all providing we are all sensible and drive normally. Its when people start deciding they have something to prove/showoff that it turns into a disaster waiting to happen
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 06:21 PM)Niall Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 05:37 PM)Andy Wrote: I'll be there I promise. I need to be, have to be, want to be and must be.

who said your wanted.

You're*
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 06:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Not at all providing we are all sensible and drive normally. Its when people start deciding they have something to prove/showoff that it turns into a disaster waiting to happen

I don't think we have many people like that Smile

I think using me, Jonny and Mark as pace cars would be fine, we know the roads and we know what's safe.
Thanks given by:
I'd be well up for a spirited drive!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 07:05 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(03-12-2012, 06:30 PM)Niall Wrote: Not at all providing we are all sensible and drive normally. Its when people start deciding they have something to prove/showoff that it turns into a disaster waiting to happen

I don't think we have many people like that Smile

I think using me, Jonny and Mark as pace cars would be fine, we know the roads and we know what's safe.

C.gerrard would be your best bet there..

other than that, i completely agree mate.

Thanks given by:
Been looking at hotels in Kendal, being between 2 national parks means it's a bit dear although there is a Travelodge for £41 a night. What do people think to camping? April in Cumbria can be wet as f*ck which could be a concern, but there are loads of campsites so their pretty damn cheap and all have good facilities because there's a lot of competition. Alternatively, Lancaster is 15 mile away and more like £20 a night with loads of cheap pubs...
Thanks given by:
camping. we need a chronic tent on the go....

Thanks given by:
If we got an extra pitch, I think Gen's stepdad has a 15 man army tent we could use for getting pissed/stoned if it rains...
Thanks given by:
my god, that would be amazing...

although, we'd probably want a seperate stonage tent as not everyone is into that

Thanks given by:
http://coolcamping.co.uk/campsites/uk/en...-head-farm

http://www.gillheadfarm.co.uk/

I like the sound of the log cabin with undercover BBQ area and the hidden field...
Thanks given by:
Sounds great, and yeah the weather could go either way but going from this year IIRC april was really nice Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Sounds good, might be up for this.

Sent from my rubbish BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,159 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 22/07/17 Eeyore 17 12,348 24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: gti6man
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,646 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty