Spring/Early summer club meet

Poll: next club meet
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reading - April
18.75%
6 18.75%
Some where else - April
56.25%
18 56.25%
Reading - Summer
6.25%
2 6.25%
Some where else - Summer
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring/Early summer club meet
Well after the christmas meet just gone, i think a lot of people had a bloody good time and would be up for it again no?
Im thinking April would be good. Just before show season and not too cold but then again thats not my decision.
Ideas people? I know most will want to go somewhere relatively close to them but we need to remember where the majority of people are based. if we had a meet in glasgow, pellowe might turn up and thats it. Dont forget its not where it is, its the epic people!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
yes, april camping
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Camping. Epic roads.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Camping. April. Dales/Cumbria border.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Yes! I actually have holiday to book for next year.. Need to not use it up by the end of August this time
Thanks given by:
April is birthday month Smile well up for something! I'm not massively keen on going into a big city though; I'd prefer to go camping and do some epic roads/driving!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 10:26 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: April is birthday month Smile well up for something! I'm not massively keen on going into a big city though; I'd prefer to go camping and do some epic roads/driving!

Your birthday is two days after mine!
Thanks given by:
I do like the idea of a club drive but it might not work too well. some people will want to go faster than others (read, ed) and some people will want to shorten one corner of their car into the back of someone elses which isnt fair.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
April is also birthday month. My 30th.

There was talk two years ago about an Isle of Man meet. But never happened.

Camping near some good country roads and a few good pubs might be cool.
Thanks given by:
isle of man would be epic but us petrol owners would never make it unless we took out a loan!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Buttertubs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ap8nueIuLI

Kirkstone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyXTDuNNyGk

Hardknott

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIpTNkiljZI

Hartside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYxGnuRe_zM

Any questions? These are all within 40-50 miles of each other, and most of the roads up there are this good...
Thanks given by:
somerset perhaps...roads are epic.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think TBH if driving roads are concerned, we need to be a bit careful depending on how many people are there, but no one wants an accident, and we'll most likely be held up by tourists anyway lol

Thanks given by:
Tbh I don't think there needs to be any driving involved other than driving there and back, the last camping meet was such a laugh
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 10:50 PM)Connor Wrote: Tbh I don't think there needs to be any driving involved other than driving there and back, the last camping meet was such a laugh

this. And as jonny says, no one here can deny that we dont all drive enthusiastically sometimes and there will be a bit of showing off involved. Its a recipe for disaster and it would be a shame for someone on here to trash there car hundreds of miles away from home just because they were trying to keep up round a corner.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I've been to one meet where a car was written off, and IMO that's one too many.

If people act reasonably, it's fine. But it only takes one person to over do it and have a prang. Epic convoy over one of the above passes would be worth it just for the views anyway!!

Thanks given by:
PPC in may !
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
It's all about the people there?

Glasgow, just me, what more could you need?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-12-2012, 10:57 PM)Jake Wrote: PPC in may !

No-one seems to listen to me when I say this!
Thanks given by:
Enthuastic drive is a no go. Wouldn't want someone to throw a rod or anything.....
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Can I just say the prerequisite of camping is that the weather will be nice. Ergo I'm fully up for getting the sunroof open and going for a gentle drive, if that's what's decided. But tbh as people have said it doesn't matter anyway, as the meets are more for the social element. Or we could just do as Carlos /Jake said and do a meet at a track day...! That way those who wish to go for a good thrashing can do so in a far more controlled environment Smile
Thanks given by:
To be honest you don't even have to drive the passes hard, a steady drive following me or Jonny would be best, we know the roads so we can set a safe pace. The views are amazing! And to be fair, most of the Hardknott you don't wanna drive fast, trust me...

For a fairly reasonable central location where we can find plenty of good pubs, what about Kendal? Decent size town on the border of Cumbria and the Dales, plenty of cheap hotels i.e Premier Inn, Travelodge, and it's just off the M6 so all you Londoners would only have to go up the M1 to Rugby and then follow the M6 right up to Kendal?
Thanks given by:
^what liam said. Would be ideal!

Thanks given by:
Whats Kendal like for a night out mate?
Thanks given by:
I would want a convoy drive...roads being epic doesnt mean everyone seeing what their lift out oversteer action is like...

as said...a good tour of some fine roads, its the weather(!), the smooth tarmac and the fine views that are 90% of it...going like a bat out of hell is a one man mission...not dozen 306s in a pile.

need somewhere like kendal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've been out in Kendal.... It's not the biggest place, but the local pub serves Golden Host which I still remember as one of the best pints of ale I've drunk to date! There's also a jazz bar iirc with a pool table..... Aaaaaand that's about it lol!

There's also a youth hostel next to the bridge overlooking the river, if you can't afford a travlelodge/premierinn #gtiowner #spenttoomuchonfuel #popbangflame
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 08:04 AM)Piggy1987 Wrote: I would want a convoy drive...roads being epic doesnt mean everyone seeing what their lift out oversteer action is like...

as said...a good tour of some fine roads, its the weather(!), the smooth tarmac and the fine views that are 90% of it...going like a bat out of hell is a one man mission...not dozen 306s in a pile.

need somewhere like kendal

Wait while you see the butter tubs pass, lift off oversteer will see you falling off an 800 foot cliff...

And the Tarmac isn't smooth, winters up there are -15 Wink
Thanks given by:
Just tell me where and when and some how I'll turn up Smile
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2012, 07:24 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: To be honest you don't even have to drive the passes hard, a steady drive following me or Jonny would be best, we know the roads so we can set a safe pace. The views are amazing! And to be fair, most of the Hardknott you don't wanna drive fast, trust me...

Epic plan. Kendal would be perfect, and as said there's a youth hostel for those not man enough to camp, but too cheap for a hotel. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'm up for it this time! Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,154 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 22/07/17 Eeyore 17 12,326 24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: gti6man
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,633 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty