Spring/Early summer club meet

Poll: next club meet
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reading - April
18.75%
6 18.75%
Some where else - April
56.25%
18 56.25%
Reading - Summer
6.25%
2 6.25%
Some where else - Summer
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring/Early summer club meet
(05-12-2012, 10:54 AM)Kimmie Wrote: Wow, we're arguing already? Might as well throw my 2 pence in...

1. I think it's pretty safe that no matter when the date is, someone isn't going to be able to go. Personally, my financial year at work runs from October to September so April doesn't mean anything to me money wise. We'll put a few suggestions up and go with the majority. a) True, b) Financial year is 1st Monday in April to 1st Monday in April, Fact, c) f*ck the majority, we've never had a big Cornwall or North meet /show so lets go and see them for a change. People who want to not go to meets cos of the cost of fuel should go and sign up for GTi6OC

2. Not everyone is going to be able to/want to travel to certain places, and that's fine. One meet won't please everyone as we consistently see. Again, a couple of ideas, which are all relatively easy to get to for most members who are interested. Then we can switch it around for later meets. Just like the Christmas meet isn't always going to be in Reading. We say this all the time about moving meets to other palaces but never happens as most of our members and staff live in the South. The country is criscrossed with motorways and trunk roads so pretty much anywhere is easy enough to get to.

3. Cornwall will be better in Summer I think! Are you having a laugh, itll be too hot and youll never be able to move anywhere for tourists, caravans and tractors. Surely Cornwal in the spring rather than the cold north and then the lakes in the summer/autumn when its warmer and less likely to rain

4. End of April/May would be better weather-wise than the beginning of April. Easter camping this year was a wash-out! There were shows in July that were a wash out (bug jam for instance). You cant plan the weather this far in advance, only improve your chances. The closer you get to actual summer the more problems you have with people not being able to afford it because of wanting to go to shows.

5. We need somewhere with a mixture of camping and hotels, as it's understandable not everyone will want to stay in a tent. I thought the point of a camping meet was so that we could all stay together and have a laugh without people disappearing to various hotels or splitting up to moan about bar prices, choice of booze, the music or how crowded places are.

Now calm down everyone! Sensible suggestions please, not just those that will benefit you the most. Smile I havent suggested anything that benefits me other than financial implications that I know affects most of the club (well those that cant afford to fly off on foreign holidays every other week)

In fact if this becomes yet another south/midlands meet then Im gonna set up a meet in The North or Cornwall myself.
Thanks given by:
Jesus Chris you're a miserable fucker sometimes.

Last year's camping meet was down south, Christmas meet was down south, so let's have the meet further north this time and make it fair Smile Most of the other shows that many of us will be going to later in the year are a bit more central so we can see each other at those instead if not everyone wants to travel. Generally speaking you do actually have to go with the majority vote though - otherwise you'll end up at a meet with just you and one other person...

I think a location where there is the option to stay at a hotel or hostel would be ideal. Some people were put off the last camping meet due to the wet weather that weekend and I'm sure that some more people might be persuaded to come along if the option is open that they can stay somewhere else if the field we're planning on staying in is flooded. Yes, the point is that we're all together, but if people are there for the day then head back to their hotel late evening, that's their choice.
Thanks given by:
Ima gonna pay for samass to stay at that hotel/hostel so he can punishment bum anyone else who stays there
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 06:03 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Ima gonna pay for samass to stay at that hotel/hostel so he can punishment bum anyone else who stays there

Only if you pay for breakfast too.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
There's a pretty big Travelodge just outside Kendal, £41 a night though Sad
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Christ Chris, that wasn't directed towards you! It was a general post to everyone in the thread. Sorry if I offended you.

I wasn't disputing when the financial year is, just saying that it won't be the same for everyone. Scott's holiday runs Jan-Dec, mine Oct-Sep and others April-March. In other words, that point wasn't the be-all and end-all.

As Scott said, having an option for a hotel or somewhere else to stay might be more preferable and attract more members to come (especially if girlfriends are coming). Also, we've had two meets down south in different locations since the club started, not including shows, so there's room for meets up North. We have to find somewhere suitable for most people.
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
f*ck it all come my place sponn in one room (keep samass happy) home brew, blow cars up (keep matt happy) then just go out and get shit faced and all get recovered home! Plan!
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
[Image: mb0t40.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 05:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: In fact if this becomes yet another south/midlands meet then Im gonna set up a meet in The North or Cornwall myself.

Just let me know the date, so I can avoid that end of the country. Don't want to be reversed into.

On a more serious note, you can do whatever you want, but ffs stop ignoring what the majority want. It's like F*cking Coventry & Taybarn again.....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Lol...
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 12:23 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:
(05-12-2012, 05:44 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: In fact if this becomes yet another south/midlands meet then Im gonna set up a meet in The North or Cornwall myself.

Just let me know the date, so I can avoid that end of the country. Don't want to be reversed into.

On a more serious note, you can do whatever you want, but ffs stop ignoring what the majority want. It's like F*cking Coventry & Taybarn again.....

Regardless of what the majority want mate meets can't always be in the south, I can understand the majority of meets being down there because the majority of members are down there but not all of them. It's not london306oc.co.uk...

To be honest, if it is in the south ill probably still be there but the whole point of this from the start was a northern meet, I passed the idea on to Jonny after talking to Dum Dum about it in Reading.
Thanks given by:
Anyway people can share cars to save on costs to get there if they need to so shouldnt be a problem
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 12:23 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:

Can of worms officially opened!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 12:53 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Just let me know the date, so I can avoid that end of the country. Don't want to be reversed into.

Regardless of what the majority want mate meets can't always be in the south, I can understand the majority of meets being down there because the majority of members are down there but not all of them. It's not london306oc.co.uk...

To be honest, if it is in the south ill probably still be there but the whole point of this from the start was a northern meet, I passed the idea on to Jonny after talking to Dum Dum about it in Reading.
[/quote]

Sorry, I don't think I was being clear; I thought the current majority was for a North/Lakes meet? I was saying we should do this over Cornwall this year, as you rightly pointed out we've had a fair few down saaaaf of late...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Trip to the lakes first. Cornwall and beaches second! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 12:23 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: It's like F*cking Coventry & Taybarn again.....

Where do you get this idea from that I was so dead set on Coventry? Apart from an initial suggestion I only ever used it as a comparison and I was one of the more keen staff members to have it somewhere else.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 01:26 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Sorry, I don't think I was being clear; I thought the current majority was for a North/Lakes meet? I was saying we should do this over Cornwall this year, as you rightly pointed out we've had a fair few down saaaaf of late...

Oh, my bad bro, I thought you meant do it where the majority of members are.

Cornwall would be awesome if it was during my holiday down there, I usually meet up with joe for a pint (or stay at his house lol) anyway but it'll be nice to have a local one this time.
Thanks given by:
It's going to be up North. End of discussion Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 07:12 PM)Scott Wrote: It's going to be up North. End of discussion Wink
watford? thats north of the thames and therefore north right?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I meant the opposite side of the road from my house...it's north of me.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 07:41 PM)Scott Wrote: I meant the opposite side of the road from my house...it's north of me.

opposite side of grants house? that could be a laugh lmao
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Can we try and avoid this clashing with the trip to germany? Which will hopefully be planned soon Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 12:19 PM)Andy Wrote: [Image: mb0t40.jpg]

Even funnier because that looks like you Andy!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Its the hair!!
Thanks given by:
F*cking hate you. Pair of dicks <3
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2012, 02:01 PM)Niall Wrote: Even funnier because that looks like you Andy!
Actually now you say it im not so sure it's someone who looks like him, I think it might actually be him. Self meme FTW?
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 11:46 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(07-12-2012, 02:01 PM)Niall Wrote: Even funnier because that looks like you Andy!
Actually now you say it im not so sure it's someone who looks like him, I think it might actually be him. Self meme FTW?

Damn you Dum, And I thought we had something special going on.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2012, 12:30 PM)Andy Wrote:
(08-12-2012, 11:46 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Damn you Dum, And I thought we had something special going on.

i thought we did but all this time youve been cheating on me with chris?

goodbye forever!!!

[Image: tumblr_m38ks1oL2e1qb4vm3o1_500.jpg]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Not cheating, sharing.
Thanks given by:
I never said I was the committed type Niall.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,157 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 22/07/17 Eeyore 17 12,341 24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: gti6man
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,636 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty