Spring/Early summer club meet

Poll: next club meet
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reading - April
18.75%
6 18.75%
Some where else - April
56.25%
18 56.25%
Reading - Summer
6.25%
2 6.25%
Some where else - Summer
18.75%
6 18.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spring/Early summer club meet
Cornwall would be good but if Southern members won't go up North because its too far why would Northern members come literally as far as they could go South?
Needs to be central really..
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 01:31 PM)vlj Wrote: Cornwall would be good but if Southern members won't go up North because its too far why would Northern members come literally as far as they could go South?

Completely disagree. I'll drive to Cornwall quite happily. If we just have "regular" (3 months or so) big meets, all over the country, then those that can't make it can go to a different meet. I'm gonna go to one of the ace cafe meets at some point next year, just cos I want to. I'll have to save up for it, but I want to go.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'll drive anywhere as long as the car doesn't break down and I've recovered from my operations on my hands. Someone says to me lets go to lands end I say ok, or lets go to John o groats I'm like fine - I have £300 I can use on a credit card and all I'd ask is someone else who can drive any car on their insurance and wants to do the trip as well pays half the fuel and does half the driving pays half the food and accommodation.
You don't all need to bring your own cars - it's not just about the cars it's about the people - split the costs and share the fun.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 01:23 PM)Andy Wrote: The Midlands is quite far for us southern fairys all the way down in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall. Remember how far Darren had to travel to get to FCS this year. A fooking mileage. Ideally you need to look at areas around the country with have a higher concentrated volume of members. And work out where us central. that way it's fair. Well in my eyes anyway but I know you all hate me Big Grin <3

To be fair Andy we did that with Reading and I travelled 500 miles in a weekend to be there. It can't always be in the same place.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'll remortgage the house and come up then Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
April would be good, as Mallory's in May and after that its show/festival/holiday season Smile
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Fcs and pugfest in June!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Trax in september..............we are playing the name a show and month game right?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 11:15 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 08:15 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I'm up for this; perhaps AFTER april time; i know i'm not the only uni student here, and uni goes mad pre-may... Smile
No cos the month after April is May and the first show of the season and most of us can only afford to do one show/meet a month. Why dont you accept that you might have to miss this and come to PPCITP in May

Erm actually 26.92% show they'd prefer a later meet after April; not just myself, but over 1/4 of the members voting also agree.
/jussayin
Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 08:19 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 11:15 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(04-12-2012, 08:15 AM)ginge191 Wrote: I'm up for this; perhaps AFTER april time; i know i'm not the only uni student here, and uni goes mad pre-may... Smile
No cos the month after April is May and the first show of the season and most of us can only afford to do one show/meet a month. Why dont you accept that you might have to miss this and come to PPCITP in May

Erm actually 26.92% show they'd prefer a later meet after April; not just myself, but over 1/4 of the members voting also agree.
/jussayin
Popcorn

chillout dum dum!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm having a meet in April in Glasgow.

None of you are invited as you're all moany bastards who don't appreciate the effort I put in to try and get to FCS last year.

Samass is invited though, he can teach my missus to do that thing he's so good at. The rest of you can knob off.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm in Hong Kong from the end of March until around the 10th of April, so any time after then will be cool with me Smile
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 08:37 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Samass is invited though, he can teach my missus to do that thing he's so good at. The rest of you can knob off.

Game.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ed - i think you'll find Pugfest is 14th July not June
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 01:31 PM)vlj Wrote: Cornwall would be good but if Southern members won't go up North because its too far why would Northern members come literally as far as they could go South?

[moan]Im sick of going to "somewhere central" ie the midlands, all the shows and big meets are in the midlands and I f*cking hate either driving up the M1 through a million miles of 50mph average speed cameras or ending up doing ages on A roads to get to the M40 to avoid the M1 that I hate so much[/moan]

Needs to be somewhere that we dont spend alot of time at.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2012, 09:11 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

[moan]Im sick of going to "somewhere central" ie the midlands, all the shows and big meets are in the midlands and I f*cking hate either driving up the M1 through a million miles of 50mph average speed cameras or ending up doing ages on A roads to get to the M40 to avoid the M1 that I hate so much[/moan]

Needs to be somewhere that we dont spend alot of time at.

I was trying to be fair to other people, secretly id rather go to Cornwall because its really not that far to me :p
Thanks given by:
I'd like to go to Cornwall as I really like it down there, but I can understand that people can't afford/don't want to drive that far just for one weekend. Maybe not so far as Cornwall but over the west side of the country would be good, I know Cornwall, Devon and Wales all have good roads so there must be some good ones next to them!
Thanks given by:
Much as I love the idea of a Cornwall meet, unless it was when I'm going down anyway I couldn't justify it, I mean a 15 hour round trip for a weekend in a really expensive place?

I personally think its about time there was something up north, or even north midlands like the peak district. It's really not that far away and it's far cheaper once you get here...

Here's a point though, if a big club meet up north doesn't happen I think we northerners should have our own camping meet as well, with blackjack, and hookers! In fact, screw the blackjack and the camping meet...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'd be up for peak district that's a good idea. I don't mind driving north, the further up you go the better driving becomes (you really notice it if you go all the way to Scotland)
Thanks given by:
Lakes or peaks - don't mind which, but either is better than another south meet imo. I seem to remember a similar argument in the xmas meet thread was put down by promising a club meet in a more northerly direction next time. Fair's fair...

Oh and doing it mid-summer would be retarded, just sayin'...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Wow, we're arguing already? Might as well throw my 2 pence in...

1. I think it's pretty safe that no matter when the date is, someone isn't going to be able to go. Personally, my financial year at work runs from October to September so April doesn't mean anything to me money wise. We'll put a few suggestions up and go with the majority.

2. Not everyone is going to be able to/want to travel to certain places, and that's fine. One meet won't please everyone as we consistently see. Again, a couple of ideas, which are all relatively easy to get to for most members who are interested. Then we can switch it around for later meets. Just like the Christmas meet isn't always going to be in Reading.

3. Cornwall will be better in Summer I think!

4. End of April/May would be better weather-wise than the beginning of April. Easter camping this year was a wash-out!

5. We need somewhere with a mixture of camping and hotels, as it's understandable not everyone will want to stay in a tent.

Now calm down everyone! Sensible suggestions please, not just those that will benefit you the most. Smile
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
I think we should do it in Richmond Park.

/selfish post
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Cornwall wont be a good meet in the summer! f*cking EMITS! however...

Im reasonably happy to go anywhere! Just organise for when im actually in the country you hoe bags!!

Ps... im not in the country from march till june...
Thanks given by:
First of all, I say we pick a date. That way we can know who can and cannot make that weekend. Then we pick somewhere. And imo it has to be northern friendly, as already said this year was in Sailsbury. But the thing is, its gonna need people from north and south to be understanding, as you can't expect the north lot to come down south, if noone is willing to go t'north and visa versa
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Meet in the middle and do midlands :p.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Someone should spin a globe, close their eyes and wherever they stop it with their nutsack we meet. That way its completely unbiased and fair...
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2012, 11:27 AM)sean-306 Wrote: Someone should spin a globe, close their eyes and wherever they stop it with their nutsack we meet. That way its completely unbiased and fair...

Sean - I'm game if your work lay on the transport? well you did say spin a globe :p
Thanks given by:
Shetland Islands meet ftw!
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Don't do Cornwall in the summer, if you want to go anywhere beyond Launceston you'll be sat in A30 traffic for HOURS.

Peaks sound good to me, as does Snowdonia and Lakes at a stretch
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
i'm defo up for peaks or snowdonia more north wales though...lovely roads up there good tunnel run on the a55 before conwy and a good drive through snowdonia national park and don't forget the horseshoe pass amazing bit of road SmileSmileSmileSmile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 07/07/18 Eeyore 0 2,149 06-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  Show: Castle Combe - Summer Action Festival - 22/07/17 Eeyore 17 12,306 24-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: gti6man
  Europe/Nurburgring Summer 2017 MY95 8 3,627 28-02-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Frosty