Cut out, it starts but wont rev, loads of smoke

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cut out, it starts but wont rev, loads of smoke
about 3 weeks ago i was round a mates unit, i started mine up, parked next to him, jumped him off, then parked back up again.... when i went to leave an hour later, it started up fine, drove fine for about 30 seconds, the just cut out on me Sad

it starts/stutters for about 10 seconds then cuts out again whilst smoking its tits off...
the next day i went to it and it started straight up, gave it 30 seconds, and the idle dropped and started to stutter, and when i went to rev it, it sounded as if it was bogging out and wouldnt rev above 1200 ... Huh

i had it diagnosed... and apparantly the fuel pump was at fault.... so i thought id wip the engine out, as the clutch needed doing, aswell as the cambelt which i discovered had a hole in it, and just a general tidy up of the bay and engine etc...

i locked everything off (done this so many times now) changed the pump over with the bracket.... the only thing i didnt change was the injectors (they are still lucas) as i read that you can still run bosch with lucas... I put the engine back in and heres the problem i have now....

It now struggles start (takes ages infact) and when started it struggles to idle, but it revs fine aslong as i dont let it drop below 1000rpm.... but when i leave it for an hour or so after being run, i have to crack off the injector pipes and bleed it again...

Still smokes like mad by the way Dodgy

Also i took all 4 injectors out, took them to get tested, one was at fault, so i got it repaired, and it hasnt made a difference

IT REALLY IS STARTING TO PI$$ ME OFF.... Censored

Please Help Me Angel
Thanks given by:
You really need the Bosch injectors and lines bud - should solve it .
Try searching the forum for Bosch conversion and the same problems have been encountered by numerous others before you.
Thanks given by:
I don't think just changing the injectors would solve the problem. But would certainly help
I take it you have changed the fuel filter and tank pick up?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
And the lines and I also think there is a wire as well you have to sort out if you're going Lucas to Bosch.
Thanks given by:
Sounds like air getting into the fuel lines to me...
Thanks given by:
Sounds like what Dan said! Pump the grenade a few times and listen for some hissing, sounds like you have a large gap in your fuel system.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
bought all new jubilee clips today on the fuel pipes, as the ones that were on the car looked a bit past it... changed the fuel primer to the rubber type one, as i know theres nothing wrong with it.... what i did discover is that the leak off outlets on the injectors... 3 of which had bust off and were literally being held on by nothing Dodgy

ive got the wire from the top solenoid going stright to battery for time being for test purposes, im just a bit baffled if yo need to wire the bottom cold start one in aswell ? as when i put a 12v feed to the bottom one, my ignition light came on and the key wasnt even in Dodgy

so ive bought some bosch injectors with lines, off ebay £65 quid posted and they'll be here sometime next week....

In the meantime ive got an egr blank to make, my front bumper to re-paint and put standard wingmirrors back on, as the crappy m3 style ones that are on the car look awful, and u cant see naff all out of them..

Thanks for all the advice Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Defo sounds like air getting in, check the fuel filter housing and as said the in tank pick up
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
ive got a spare filter housing, so ill swap that over tomorrow, and ive blown an air line down the fuel line, from the hand primer to the tank, so if anything was there.. its not anymore Smile

Im getting the car trailered back to mine tomorrow so ill do some more on it then

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Timing? Cam or advanced/retardation?
Thanks given by:
You say youve ordered some bosch injectors and lines.......... Any chance you are using the bosch pump and lucas lines? If so thats ur problem
Click to see how smokey is doing Tongue ----> Project Smokey
Thanks given by:
Ive done the timing loads of times, so i cant see it being that, unless ive done it wrong each time :p why would lucas lines make any difference to using bosch ones ?
Thanks given by:
cant use lucas lines because different firing order on lucas and bosch if i remember correctly?
Thanks given by:
O right, that would make a lot of sense lol, thanks mate :p
Thanks given by:
There you go Smile get your lines and injectors on and see how you get on atarting it then dude
Thanks given by:
Will do mate, im buying injectors and lines off piggy1987 so when he finds them tomorrow, ill sort him out and hopefully get them next week Smile
Thanks given by:
Bugger.....hadnt broken the news yet....I am still in Minehead chap...family emergency. I hope to be back saturday though so courier still get it mon for delivery next week!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If your car was running fine before it cut out them it cant be the lines or injectors. and the lucas injectors will run ok with a bosch pump but the dynamic advance wont be correct but it will idle fine

and the cold start solonide on the botom of the pump should be connected to the glowplugs
Thanks given by:
He's using lucas injectors on a bosch pump

Lucas LINES and injectors on a bosch pump, injectors will be fine but you need the bosch lines otherwise your basicly getting the wrong firing order
Thanks given by:
and lucas lines
Thanks given by:
I'm not even going to refer to my earlier post........

Oh wait a minute Tongue
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 08:18 PM)ash240970 Wrote: I'm not even going to refer to my earlier post........

Oh wait a minute Tongue

well at least all good minds think alike lol
Thanks given by:
Can't say you're wrong there Vincent Smile
Thanks given by:
"about 3 weeks ago i was round a mates unit, i started mine up, parked next to him, jumped him off, then parked back up again.... when i went to leave an hour later, it started up fine, drove fine for about 30 seconds, the just cut out on me"

How is it possible that the car was running fine with lucas lines then suddenly it wont?
Thanks given by:
Because at that point it had a lucas pump on it....... Then he replaced it with a bosch but is waiting for bosch lines and injectors from piggy1987.......
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2012, 05:34 PM)Piggy1987 Wrote: Bugger.....hadnt broken the news yet....I am still in Minehead chap...family emergency. I hope to be back saturday though so courier still get it mon for delivery next week!

Thats fine dude, i just wanna be mobile before christmas :p

Referring back to the car... when i first had the problem it was standard, everything was lucas, so fingers crossed it should work once i get the bosch lines etc Smile im just abit confused that it just died on me the way it did, i thought there would have been a noticable sign before hand like loss of power, not just instant, lucas are proper crap, but after my 3rd d turb with a lucas, its the first time this has ever happened...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xud9 White smoke and primer wont stay hard Donny165 5 2,577 13-07-2020, 12:22 AM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  XUD9 starts but dies in 2 seconds Robert Gladh 7 3,003 09-01-2019, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Robert Gladh
  Rough startup....smoke.. lots of smoke.. toseland 8 3,975 17-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Last Post: madmadmax