Said I wouldn't, but I'm back in a French car

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Said I wouldn't, but I'm back in a French car
Gd Day Everyone,

New to the site, so thought I'd say Hi Shy

Have just purchased a Diesel Turbo off a workmate, so thought I better join up. It's a bit battered and bruised, as he lent it to his sister inlaw, but should do me over the winter months whilst my Corrado G60's in hibernation.

Will be a regular to the site I'm sure, as I have a fair few thing to fix. First though, the doors that immediately unlock themselves. He didn't tell me that one until the very last minute.Angry

Oh well, at the price I paid, I shouldn't grumble Blush
Thanks given by:
Welcome along! Get some photos up of the DT, but definitely get some up of the G60! I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Corrados Smile
Thanks given by:
Haven't really got any recent ones of the G60.
Used to look like this:
[Image: DSCN6009.jpg]
Now looks a little bit more like this:
[Image: DSCN6235-1.jpg]
But minus the colour coded splitter and door handles

And sorry, no pics of the DT yet. Am a bit too embarrassed by it Blush
Thanks given by:
So you come on our website to say how embarressed you are by our cars? I can't see this going well, TBH. By the way, the G60 looked better with the silver alloys, just thought I'd let you knowWink
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's exactly what he said, he's embarrassed by all of our shitty cars Doh He said he's embarrassed by his car.

I think I prefer it with the silver alloys, but either way that's awesome.
Thanks given by:
Haha. Best to be honest mate.

I'm not embarrassed by your cars! Mine though, is a mess, dents in most panels. It looks like I'm the one with the issue of hitting things!

The wheels on the Corrado only got painted black as they're a pig to clean. They're winters anyway, I've Speedline Split Rims for the Summer Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard Smile

Locks will most likely be a split wire in the door looms.

Corrado looks sweet, could do with some dish Wink
Thanks given by:
Ah man I know the feeling, my Speedline Turinis are only 11 spokes and they're a pain, I can't imagine those!

By the way, we're having our first birthday meet this weekend in Reading, it's not all that far from you in Gloucester so it'd be a good chance to come down and meet everyone Smile
Thanks given by:
Failing that there's another in weston-super-mare on Sunday, go on you know you want to. And don't worry about the car, it'll look a beaut next to mine, believe me.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks for the invites, but the other half has firm plans for what we're doing this weekend. Will try to get to a meet in the new year though. Should have made the Pug somewhat presentable by then.
Hope all goes well this weekend. Looks like cold but clear weather, perfect for a winter meet Cool
Thanks given by:
Think you need to give it a stage 1 tune to unlock the horsepower it should have had as standard

Welcome along though
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Am keen, just not sure if the clutch has been changed and its on 155k. Would it survive much tuning?
Thanks given by:
Corrado looks awesome !

Welcome to the club!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along bud, you're not too far from us in the Midlands and we have a rolling road meet and B road bash coming up later in January if you fancy joining us? finishing off at a pub for a late lunch.
Thanks given by:
Thanks. I'll look up the threads. B-Road bash sounds good.
Will have to make sure any tweaks I make are reliable.

Anyway, here's how the tired old girl looks now, sporting marks on each corner and some severe battle scars TMI

[Image: DSCN7315.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7328.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7318.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7323.jpg]

[Image: DSCN7325.jpg]

But for scrap value, it would have been rude to say no Blush
Thanks given by:
Welcome Big Grin
You want to buy some pannels im breaking a silver phase 3 Wink

Thanks given by:
Have looked at your thread. Looks much better than mine!
Where to start though? Wings, Bumpers and Back doors I guess, but how much would that set me back?
Thanks given by:
pass wing isnt the best but better than yours £10 a wing £15 a door with out the elec rear motors could do you a good deal if you wanted enuff parts tho as i need it shifting Smile

still got the phase 3 silver rub strips aswell

Thanks given by:
This could be a good deal for Super-G he's only in Gloucestershire so not too far to travel either Smile
Thanks given by:
welcome! Big Grin

i prefered it with the silver alloys! What did you pay for the pug then? Tongue
Thanks given by:
Not too far at all really. But what to do? The Pug was only £175 with 4 months MOT and 1 months Tax. So possibly a bit cheaper than scrap value? But it does need some work and has a fair few issues. Not sure if it's worth tidying or whether to just roll with the wrecker look for 4 months.
Thanks given by:
(30-11-2012, 09:27 PM)Super-G Wrote: Not too far at all really. But what to do? The Pug was only £175 with 4 months MOT and 1 months Tax. So possibly a bit cheaper than scrap value? But it does need some work and has a fair few issues. Not sure if it's worth tidying or whether to just roll with the wrecker look for 4 months.

If you decide to tidy her mate let me know i will do you a good deal on doors bumpers exc Smile

Like £10 a door no motors exc £10 a wing £10 a bumper Smile and £20 rub strips side skirts £15 one tiny crack in drivers side Smile

Thanks given by:
I'll take the bumpers off ya at a tenner a piece lol.

Welcome along mate. Car looks a wreck Big Grin lol

Ph2 5 door DT's in silver can look good tho. Take mine for example Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: