Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!
(28-11-2012, 08:10 PM)burnmw Wrote:
(28-11-2012, 07:44 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You've mixed up the posts there Chris!!

Tyres wear whereever you are lol. Although the edges on mine probably do wear more due to the constant hard B road cornering due to to living out here now you mention it. lol

But the other point was when you live in a rural village you can't get anywhere without a car. We're already 'penalised' with having to buy more fuel (and if you bought it locally you'd be paying £1.47 a litre for diesel atm!) I just don't find it 'fair' for cops to wait in a certain car park picking on people TRYING to find something illegal about thier vehicle.

Maybe I'm not getting the point across properly - what I'm trying to say is they could let small things slide, everyone does illegal things, whether thats running a low tyre that they can't afford at the time, speeding as they're late for something or test driving a car without insurance becuse it would cost huge amounts for day insurance and you dont want to buy a dog. Waiting for someone to pass and pulling them is (IMO) bullying, using thier 'power' to feel big over other people, just because they can. In my opinion you should only be stopped if you're actually commiting a noticeable offence at the time - driving at 70 thorugh a 30, flashing on the ANPR as a stolen car or being a tailgating Audi wanker for example. Just leave the people alone that're minding thier own business, not causing any problem for other people.

Fail logic fails immensely :palmface:

With relation to the point I've highlighted... Nobody MAKES you live in the sticks, therefore claiming you are being penalised is bo11ocks.

Here's another example for you. Your car gets stolen, (it IS insured, taxed and MOT'd - therefore passes the ANPR check) a police officer randomly stop checks it. He realises it's stolen and you get your car back. Still whinging about being stop checked? Knowing you, probably.

And I agree with Dum, if you check your car as regularly as you are meant to you would notice the uneven wear and buy a new tyre. Therefore when stop checked there is nothing for them to fine you for.

Well actually....I don't choose to live in such a shit place, I was born into it, hardly my choice! But that's for another thread.

If my car was stolen I would phone the police, they would add it to the anpr database as stolen so yes it would flag up on the anpr. Therefore no need to pull randomers for that reason.

And you've still all missed the point with the tyre - the person can't afford to replace it, regardless of how many times they look at it. Rolleyes but its not causing anyone harm.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coppers and why I dislike them immensely! - by Toms306 - 28-11-2012, 08:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coppers in Lincolnshire! InkedMuttley 35 12,362 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Toms306