Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coppers and why I dislike them immensely!
(27-11-2012, 07:56 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Isn't it more the point that a. the copper needed a reason to pull him, and being bored just isn't adequate, and b. the ANPR is designed specifically to check documents on a vehicle, so random pulling doesn't have to occur.
Nah you dont need a reason to stop a car, you can pull them over to check documents.

ANPR isnt great for catching uninsured vehicles. Most uninsured drivers have some sort of insurance showing on their car, just not for them to drive (having a parent or partner insured is common place) ANPR also dosent tell us whos driving and until facial recognition is regularly used it never will. You have to stop cars to find dodgy drivers.

(27-11-2012, 07:57 PM)Niall Wrote: ed im sure dum will correct me but i dont think coppers need a reason to stop you at all. if they want to check your documents, they can!
Correct

(27-11-2012, 07:58 PM)InkedMuttley Wrote: That's not what I was getting at it was his attitude when I asked why he had stopped me to me "I'm bored" isn't an excuse if he had said "Just a random stop check, nothing to worry about" then it would of been totally different. The other bit that was out of order was arranging for transport BEFORE giving me a chance to explain why there was no license showing or even for him to actually ask for the documents before the transport arrived.

And as for Lincolnshire Police catching criminals...They couldn't catch a f*cking cold, even if they tried!
Id be inclined to agree about linconshire police. I remember pinching the hub caps off a police car at a meet in linconshire. the copper was a mate of one of the people at the meet and he had to call him back to collect his hub caps.

Fair point about attitude, I suspect your probably trying to say its more how he said it then what he said. Country cops will regularly call for back up before they actually need it just in case as back up can be a VERY long way away and even though it might be 15 mins away which youd think isnt a very long time have you ever tried fighting with someone solidly for 15 minutes, youd want to pass out at half of that.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coppers and why I dislike them immensely! - by Dum-Dum - 27-11-2012, 08:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coppers in Lincolnshire! InkedMuttley 35 12,357 11-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Toms306