Water in tail light

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water in tail light
Ive got water in my tail light wondering how i could stop it coming in? Im taking out the light off tomorrow to dry it out is there a drainhole i can unblock? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Clean the gasket/seal, sometimes that is enough. Then apply some grease all the way around it and make sure it's done up tight. That should do it, but if not, drill a small hole in the bottom lol
Thanks given by:
Will do tomorrow! Its been awhile since ive had one off so i couldnt remember how it keeps the water out!
Thanks given by:
my nearside lamp filled up twice; when the lamps off being emptied, drill some 6mm holes on underside of each separate section (each bulb) so any water could drain out and not rot away the circuit board !!!
Thanks given by:
Take it you are talking Ph1 cars here? Remove lamp unit and carefully drill small holes in the bottom corners of the units - common problem and what I did on my old ph1
Or swap to ph2/3 rear lights for which you will need to buy some lexarse rear looms for a quick easy conversion.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter what phase - they're all the same. The problem is the seals get old/dirty/perished over time... It's best to try and seal them and leave the drilling as a last resort (or a combination of course) as if there's water getting in the light then there's a good chance it'll find it's way into the boot too.
Thanks given by:
My old lights didn't even have seals. Thought f*ck it 4 10mm holes will do it hahaha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
clean the seal properly and should be ok after that . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 'Duck Tail' Spoiler silverzx 12 3,146 17-04-2013, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Kezzieboy