HDi Whistling......BEFORE Starting!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDi Whistling......BEFORE Starting!
Hi guys,

Bit of an odd one, my HDi whistles similar to a kettle when I put it to ignition on before starting.....its not the fuel pump as the noise is somewhere in the bay. Doesn't do it every time, but does do it every time after its been left for a while (an hour or so). Lasts for about 5 seconds, and carries on making the noise if I start the engine before that 5 seconds is up.

Any idea what it is? As I didn't think there should be anything 'moving' before starting the engine, so no idea what the noise is.

Also, seperate issue, theres a 'ringing' noise when I clutch in - is that the thrust bearing wearing out and making that noise as it spins down on the input shaft?

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
ahhh... im glad your back!
Thanks given by:
Helpful as ever Sean.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
has your 306 eaten a bird? With a waitor?
Thanks given by:
Flux capacitor coming up to charge. Nothing to worry about.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Ive had a chirping when my bumper ate a bird, was inches away from air flow pipe could have been nasty
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
drivers inerwing plastic fuel pipes whistle or hum on the earlyer HDI cars
i think pug fitted a mod to the lines on some

its caused buy the lowpressure fuel pump priming the system Wink
Thanks given by:
Never heard of that before lol, but yeah it is an earlyish one (W reg) so I'll take your word for that being the issue then.
Thanks given by:
It's your giraffe filtration system mate. It's really expensive too. Sucks.

And the release bearing would make that noise.. Just leave it be until it packs up.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(23-11-2012, 07:33 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: It's your giraffe filtration system mate. It's really expensive too. Sucks.

And the release bearing would make that noise.. Just leave it be until it packs up.

Ah f*ck, better get down to Peugeot in the morning and order one then.....anyone got the part number? Tongue

And oh dear, thought it would be that bearing, just hope it and the clutch last until I sell the car then!
Thanks given by: