fitting OMP harnesses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fitting OMP harnesses
As title, how do I go about fitting these?

The rear seats will be staying in, also will be on standard seats as can't find cheap subframes for my buckets yet.

Pics and help will be repped, cheers
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Keep the seat belts while on standard seats. Once buckets are in you can bolt the two lap ones too the subframe. And the rear one will either have to be a harness bar or use the rear seatbelt bit like I bowed you last week Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Yeah as matt says. Think it would look a bit silly using harnesses on standard seats

I've found the harnesses hold you into the buckets so you don't move around . The standard seats just dont have enough bolster to warrant being held into imo
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I think that what you are thinking of doing is EXTREMELY dangerous tbh.

A harness will have no give in it and the seat is not strong enough to handle this, so what will end up happening is the back of the seat giving way during an accident and it will take you with it, which means you will most likely be in a wheel chair (at best) for the rest of your life.
Thanks given by:
(21-11-2012, 11:16 PM)c.gerrard Wrote: I think that what you are thinking of doing is EXTREMELY dangerous tbh.

A harness will have no give in it and the seat is not strong enough to handle this, so what will end up happening is the back of the seat giving way during an accident and it will take you with it, which means you will most likely be in a wheel chair (at best) for the rest of your life.

is that really correct? surely if the seat gives way then that means that your body has at least got somewhere to go and isnt crushed. If it didnt give way (ie you had a bucket seat) are you saying tha you would be crushed even more?

The standard seat pretensioner can deal with the strain so bolting it to the same place should be fine. It just depends where you are attaching the uppers! Obviously attaching those to the base of the seat is a big nono and i presume thats what youre talking about but putting them onto the rear seat mount things should be much better. Although its pulling you down... but thats another argument!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm mounting it into the rear belt bits.
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
use duck tap and tap it to the carpet

/troll

on a serious note. gerrad is right the way a OE seat VS bucket seat is meant to react in a accidet is very different.

a bucket is ment to stay ridged and hold you where as a OE seat is meant to collapse and when it does the harness will be doing feck all for you

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harnesses - where has everyone mounted them? declantg 4 1,195 26-05-2013, 06:56 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
Smile OMP Harnesses declantg 10 1,885 28-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Last Post: puglove