Aircon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aircon
Hi all,

I'm currently running a 406 but would like to get a 306 for my other half. I'm a big fan of aircon and veg oil so would be looking for something with a Bosch fuel system (preferably turbo diesel but would consider non turbo) and aircon. Can anyone tell me which models I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Straggler
Thanks given by:
Air con?

None of them.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
A lot had aircon but most don't work. It's relatively easy and cheap to fix if you fit the parts your self and know where to get them. Obviously you can't gas the system your self but your probably looking at about £50 for someone to come out and do that for you.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My aircon works fine Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 08:53 AM)Niall Wrote: A lot had aircon but most don't work. It's relatively easy and cheap to fix if you fit the parts your self and know where to get them. Obviously you can't gas the system your self but your probably looking at about £50 for someone to come out and do that for you.

My aircon worked £400 later.

Pipes aren't cheap! Required the two bottom pipes & condenser.
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 11:53 AM)fuziduck Wrote:
(20-11-2012, 08:53 AM)Niall Wrote: A lot had aircon but most don't work. It's relatively easy and cheap to fix if you fit the parts your self and know where to get them. Obviously you can't gas the system your self but your probably looking at about £50 for someone to come out and do that for you.

My aircon worked £400 later.

Pipes aren't cheap! Required the two bottom pipes & condenser.

Depends where you go. I paid 25 for one of the pipes and been quoted £65 for the other. then a receiver for £35 and regassing
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
My aircon works just fine thx....*winds down window*

the used to be a place in lincoln, cool air i think if its still there they stock alot of a/c pipes and also do made to measure for not a bad price at all considering some of the prices out there.
Thanks given by:
Did the 306 diesel come with Bosch fuel systems or Lucas CAV?
Thanks given by:
Both, you'll need to check. And as the rest have said, you'll struggle to find good aircon, best of luck fella.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You won't find a car with stock Bosch and AC.

IIRC stock bosch was phase 1 only, and AC was introduced phase 2 onward.

Although the pump/injector swap is easy enough.
Thanks given by:
(22-11-2012, 05:25 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: You won't find a car with stock Bosch and AC.

IIRC stock bosch was phase 1 only, and AC was introduced phase 2 onward.

Although the pump/injector swap is easy enough.

That's a shame. May have to look at an alternative smallish car with aircon that will run on veg oil.....
Thanks given by:
well no you can get a 306 dt with aircon and then swap the lucas to a bosch pump jobs a good un ThumbsUp
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Citroen ZX.

I think all of those came with the bosch pump, pretty sure some models got AC.
Thanks given by: