How NOT to clock a td04 :'(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How NOT to clock a td04 :'(
Lightbulb 
[Image: 20121118_193453.jpg]
[Image: 20121118_193437.jpg]
[Image: 20121118_190202.jpg]
Cartridge is completely f*cked all the way round the coldside. Cannot describe how raged i am.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
The TD04 is not fun to clock at all!
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
'the f*ck did you manage that? You got hands like hagrid or something lol
Thanks given by:
With a mallet....

In all seriousness i was speaking to Darren this afternoon about this stuff and he said clamp it up in the vice and just tap it round and it'll go. Oh its gone lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
WTF tom? I said tap it with a rubber hammer, how hard did you hit it??!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Whats clocking it?
Thanks given by:
In all seriousness i could hit it alot harder if thats what i was going for :/

(18-11-2012, 08:33 PM)Tyronnster Wrote: Whats clocking it?

Rotating the hot and coldside so they line up with the manifold and where ever you want the pressureised bit pointed lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Rotating the compressor housing in relation to the center cartridge, so that the oil in/out bits of the cartridge face up/down respectively and the compressor outlet faces upwards like it does on a standard xud turbo.
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 08:35 PM)Tom Wrote: In all seriousness i could hit it alot harder if thats what i was going for :/

Rotating the hot and coldside so they line up with the manifold and where ever you want the pressureised bit pointed lol

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Holy moly!
Thanks given by:
I wish i could see where youve gone wrong :p

..has no clue about td04 /selfslap
Thanks given by:
Will still work tho, as long as its caught somewhere will still hold the comp on..
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its fractured right the way round and theres a bit of seal stuck in there aswell :/ I think its pretty f*cked
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
My TD04 had a locator lug on both sides of the cartraige so i have to take the housing off and redrill holes for it. the housing one anyway but i ground it off the hotside.
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
lol dont scrap it, even if you just epoxy the hell out of it, I would still put it on a car to save buying another one! Its on a flush flange its not like its loose is it, other than rotating round am I right?
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Surely that bit of oil seal pinched in there means it would leak oil everywhere and be f*cked? I think im going to have to buy a replacement lol its still not loose i cant turn it by hand
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Please tell me you havent tried tapping it with the circlip in place? Bit of a tip with these split the hotside first then you can get more access and can tap it much more easily, iv done 3 td04's and never seen this
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
More pictures of the comic damage to come, got it all apart now Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
To be fair, could probs fix that with the welder, would oinly need some spots around the edge and it would be perfectly useable again given you havent bent the blades to badly

Dump the turbo on my bench next time your passing mate, and ill see what I can do,
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Gutted for ya bud, at least they cheap enough get it round to darren and get it in and look for another in mean time
Thanks given by:
Right here goes. Need a new oil seal but i reckon we could be crafty with a welder and fix it.
[Image: 20121120_164615.jpg]
[Image: 20121120_164627.jpg]
[Image: 20121120_164638.jpg]
[Image: 20121120_164644.jpg]
[Image: 20121120_164651.jpg]
[Image: 20121120_164700.jpg]
[Image: 20121120_164724.jpg]
Gave it a wipe over with a rag but it looks really good to me! Except the broke bit lol
[Image: 20121120_165026.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
looks ok, just run a tig welder round it
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 08:01 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: looks ok, just run a tig welder round it

I think thats the plan! We shall see tomorrow ;D
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Youve tried tappin it round with the housing attatched, when we say give it a tap to free it we mean with the circlip released as it has a locating pin and wont budge hence why its dont what its done pal hope you can salvage something from it
Thanks given by:
Im going to get the welder out on it tomorrow!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 08:22 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Youve tried tappin it round with the housing attatched, when we say give it a tap to free it we mean with the circlip released as it has a locating pin and wont budge hence why its dont what its done pal hope you can salvage something from it

Darren said it would go without removing the clip, he must of forgot about the lug and i obviously dont know any better lol look what i done to it! This is all part of the learning curve! Wouldnt be fun if it was easy Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I basically said to tom that I always spin mine by just tapping it lightly with a rubber mallet, and they normally go fairly easily with clip in, not thinking that this was a totall stocxk turbo / had never been apart before ! That said, the word tapping was used, not lamping lol!!Heavy hand me thinks Tongue but ill see what i can do!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
At least it should be able to be fixed, i know a thing or too about being heavy handed Tongue
Thanks given by:
Everyone calls me heavy handed Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Had a quick go at repairing this for Tom this afternoon,

Sadly ive also noticed one of the turbine blades has a small chip in it, so its not ideal, to be fair it would most likely be fine, as things normally are, but never going to be perfect again, but made the best of whats left anyway.

[Image: IMAG0858.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by: