Cooling just boiling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cooling just boiling
Well i put water in an its just boiling an can see bubbles so im guessing this is head gasket as i top the water up give it 5-10mins of running an the water light is back on an there hardly any water left an its froffed up an bubbles is this correct?

Also a shit load of oil over the engine bay is this to do with it aswel Sad

Also just going to try bleed the cooling system does anyone know where the 3 bleed points are located please?

Thanks, JoshSmile
Thanks given by:
Two bleed points afaik, one by the thermostat and one on the bulkhead where it joins the heater matrix.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Sounds exactly like mine mate and mine has definitely gone.

Theres 3 bleed points.
1. where the heater matrix hoses meet the bulkhead.
2. On a hose next to the fuel filter.
3. On top of the rad opposite side to the filler cap.
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2012, 05:31 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Sounds exactly like mine mate and mine has definitely gone.

Theres 3 bleed points.
1. where the heater matrix hoses meet the bulkhead.
2. On a hose next to the fuel filter.
3. On top of the rad opposite side to the filler cap.

This^ And do it in the reverse order of dums list (3,2,1) so you are working your way from the bottom to the top.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Well cars just give up yesterday Sad won't start don't know what the problem is its trying to start but something just stopping it there's a thing between engine an radiator as you look down that's bouncing side to side as you try to start an making a banging noise then its gives up :/ so head gasket gone an this think its time to get rid

An does yours get hot dum dum mine doesn't go over 80/90 even with this coolin problem
Thanks given by:
Need a picture of what you say is banging, I can't think of anything that's in between that isn't attached to either..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Mine is having gasket issues still works and drivers for 6months now.

Just driven from portsmouth to London did not go over 90 once and mine is far from standard.

If you want to keep it just get it repaired.

Has the starter motor moved? That's the only thing in front of the engine behind the rad, or the alternator. Which side of the engine bay?
Thanks given by:
I'd say more right side could be the starter when you turn key it just bangs side to side an won't start :/ it worked starting then I heard it struggling to start then turned it off an tryed it again an it just wouldn't start
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 03:20 PM)JoshDturbo Wrote: An does yours get hot dum dum mine doesn't go over 80/90 even with this coolin problem

Nope. On the motorway it still sits just below 80 unless its pissed all its coolant out when I get out and top it up and the temp drops straight back down again
Thanks given by:
Looks like starter motor has packed in aswel as head gasket needs doing so now its the situation do you spend the money on it or not? Haha
Thanks given by:
If you can make it down to Horsham, krisB should be able to sort it for a good price.
Thanks given by:
Seeing what my mechanic says like if its worth getting it fixed I will because its decent enough car an pretty good power just problems all the time!
Thanks given by:
Its all positive news its fixed already Smile starter motor had come loose just needed new bolts good as new! An as for head gasket its fine the pipe just had a hole in it so water was pissin out so a cheap fix after all fingers crossed nothing goes wrong for awhile!
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 06:52 PM)JoshDturbo Wrote: Its all positive news its fixed already Smile starter motor had come loose just needed new bolts good as new! An as for head gasket its fine the pipe just had a hole in it so water was pissin out so a cheap fix after all fingers crossed nothing goes wrong for awhile!

whoa! I had been watching things get worse and worse with your car and then...real cheap fix, awesome mate.
Thanks given by:
That was good news lol.
Thanks given by:
I know I'm made up it was only 50quid fix could of been a lot worse somethings going my way for a change!
Thanks given by:
Half of the time its always something little like a hole in a pipe or a thermostat but people seem to put it down to headgasket and sometimes change it when not neccessary glad you found the problem Smile
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol you know this CJ take for instance my whole turbo pipe malarkey spent £75 when all i needed to do was tighten a few bolts lol
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Too true buddy, amazes me how much people jump to worst case scenario lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
See your back in another pug good to see cj met you tha time a trafford when I had me silver one tha broke :/ so in blaze yellow family bus now aha
Thanks given by: