Thanks given by:
They are great to drive ninja

Although I don't own a 306 'aswel'
Thanks given by:
Was gunna say I know a recent 306 to mx5 owner...... Tongue
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I love my dturbo but i also love my mx5...16x9s and 16x8s with coilovers tend to make me like it a little better than i did( cwpellowes old wheels)
Thanks given by:
driven a new one round the yard at work, traction off and being an auto it got the back round and power out nicely
Thanks given by:
Mk1 Turbo MX-5 owner here.

It f*cking shifts.
Thanks given by:
I'm considering one myself to be honest. I know C.A.R had one but he sold it because there wasn't enough power to break traction... whistle
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 10:56 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: I'm considering one myself to be honest. I know C.A.R had one but he sold it because there wasn't enough power to break traction... whistle

Well, no.

But yeah I used to have a MK1 Roadster, sold for £3,300 last year - top money for a MK1, just to give you an idea of the condition it was in...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
There's enough power in the 1.6 to get the back end out and skid them.

People drift them all the time. You just need to make sure you get the earlier 115BHP 1.6, not the late ghey 90BHP 1.6.

[Image: IMG_3422.jpg]
-not me btw, I can't drift for shit.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2012, 11:10 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: There's enough power in the 1.6 to get the back end out and skid them.

People drift them all the time. You just need to make sure you get the earlier 115BHP 1.6, not the late ghey 90BHP 1.6.

Not this bollocks again.

They're no drift car. To overwhelm the rear tyres (195s) then you need to either lift off or dump the clutch, as it won't willingly break traction if it's already moving. It will powerslide from a standstill (again if you dump the clutch).

They're also set-up as standard to understeer when pushed.

Just because they're a cheap way into RWD everybody thinks they're a f*cking drift car when they're not! Grinds my gears.

The 90bhp model was a UK-only 1.6 introduced for cheaper insurance...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Can open, worms everywhere lol
Thanks given by:
Speaking from my own experience, running a stock 1.6 115bhp import is a lot of fun, but to get the back end out in the dry requires some pretty aggressive clutch work.

In the wet, they are extremely tail happy, which is awesome Big Grin

Also, the majority (my mechanic reckons pretty much all) of the imports come with some form of LSD. As mine is an earlier model I have a viscous type LSD, which still locks up nicely, and is essential for controlled and sustained skidding.

The nice thing about the MX5's is they are fairly easily converted to Forced Induction, as the stock internals can happily cope with 200whp. A bodgo kit would simply consist of a RRFPR and a pikey turbo, but you can spend a bit more on management and better quality manifolding.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Corner harder. Then you won't need as much power to get the back end out. Makes things a lot more snappy but they're pretty predicatable and you can catch some very silly angles....
Thanks given by:
Ripp, you can chuck one at a roundabout by giving it an armful (and smashing your passengers head into the window / roof) and the back end will slip out, it's easier in the wet and it will slide, but as standard you haven't got the power to maintain a 'drift' like some kind of hero.

As standard they have a lot of grip, that's why it's fun to throw them at a B-road and just use all of the power the little engine can muster, but close to the limit they actually understeer...
Thanks given by:
Err, as standard they have very little grip, the chassis and tyre selection was intentionally setup and designed by the development team to NOT have much grip but yet be precise and predictable because that's more fun on the roads.....

f*ck me, I was hanging the arse end out on a 69bhp VW beetle not too long ago. You don't need power to go sideways.
Thanks given by:
^^^ This. I mean I can drift a 306 and that's FWD...
Thanks given by: