Cyclones. Why all the fuss?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyclones. Why all the fuss?
I have been wondering this for a while now and it still makes me think,

What is the fuss surroundings Cyclones? Why on earth do people love them so much?!

I have a set on the Rallye and have had them on a Cabby beforehand, and think they are quite possibly the worst wheels ive ever had on any car.

In my opinion they are heavy, not especially good looking, and most importantly they just will not hold a balance ever. Ive lost count the amount of times ive had to get them balanced.

Anyway, im off to fit my speedlines. lmao

Discuss Popcorn
[Image: c6769879.jpg] TEAM TRACK CAR + An E60 530d M-Sport for the daily
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:I have been wondering this for a while now and it still makes me think,

What is the fuss surroundings Cyclones? Why on earth do people love them so much?!

I have a set on the Rallye and have had them on a Cabby beforehand, and think they are quite possibly the worst wheels ive ever had on any car.

In my opinion they are heavy, not especially good looking, and most importantly they just will not hold a balance ever. Ive lost count the amount of times ive had to get them balanced.

Anyway, im off to fit my speedlines. lmao

Discuss Popcorn
want to give me your clones?
[Image: sig-1.jpg]

106 Xud9 Conversion GtiD (2nd Engine Rebuild)
SOLD

Dan! Wrote:Want me to blow this one up for you aswel?
Thanks given by:
:blink:

5 spokes are always ftw!! Clones look good (imo) are easy to clean (only 5 spokes), have a bit of dish but not too much and they're the right size for a 306. :p

I still have a set in the garage waiting for the next 306. Wink
Thanks given by:
cyclones are speedlines Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Cyclones. FTW.
PH1 306 XUD - 11mm VE, Big 'bine, TMIC = Plenty of coal, abuse, heatsoak and a power band of 4.3k - 6k = One shagged car.
[Image: sig2.png]
Thanks given by:
Hmm.....how can anyone not like cyclones?? :o

[Image: Photo-0081-4.jpg]

[Image: Photo-0055-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Look nice, but over done imo...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Diggers Wrote:want to give me your clones?

Ill sell you them once I manage to get my hands on some Pro Race 2's
Thanks given by:
with my spax coilovers i found theres not many choice of wheels, so i went oem so i dont have to piss about with spacers and i know there gonna fit no matter how low i go.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Hmm.....how can anyone not like cyclones?? :o

The reasons i said above?? lol
Thanks given by:
I would have some as winter wheels. Used to love them a few years ago!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does no one else find them permanently unbalanced?
Thanks given by:
It's all down to opinion, at the end of the day. Mine is, that whilst I like them, they're somewhat over-done, as Connor said. But what you've done, essentially, is started a topic which Tom can argue about more than normal if someone disagrees. Which is saying something.
Thanks given by:
I don't find them 'un-attractive' or offensively bad looking, but I admit they're not my favourite wheel either. Quite meh tbh, I prefer lasers to cyclones. Speedlines are win though, cracking wheels Wink
Thanks given by:
I am not too fond of Cyclones either. They look respectable but bland. Like the guy above said I far prefer Lasers to Cyclones. I struggle to find a particularly exciting OEM wheel for the 306 I must say. Dare I saw 406 coupe wheels look quite nice :oops:
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:Look nice, but over done imo...

How can stock wheels be "over done" lol?

Im not a huge fan either tbh, but do look nice on a lowered oem+ uber tidy car....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
They can be over-done because they're only the standard wheels for higher trim cars... GTi-6's and high spec HDi's etc. So now there's a lot more about from accidents/breaking, they find their way onto most others as well.
Thanks given by:
Ian Wrote:Does no one else find them permanently unbalanced?

Not if you get them balanced properly mate, mine were fine at 100+ mph after ats done them. Smile
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:
Connor Wrote:Look nice, but over done imo...

How can stock wheels be "over done" lol?

Im not a huge fan either tbh, but do look nice on a lowered oem+ uber tidy car....

Because everyone his them, that's my point
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They are a very good design and suit the 306 incredibly well but as said they are over done.

They always seem to be out of ballance when you buy a set but i think alot of that is tyre fitters too lazy to ballance centerless wheels

Their big bonus is their weight, theyer just 8.7kg each, Bear in mind that lasers (other Peugeot 15" wheels of the time) are 10.2kg each thats a fair old difference to unsprung weight.

Also you say "off to fit my speedlines" I think youll find, if my memory serves me correctly, that cyclones are actually made by speedline (its stamped on the inside lip) so your car is already fitted with speedlines.
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:
Ian Wrote:Does no one else find them permanently unbalanced?

Not if you get them balanced properly mate, mine were fine at 100+ mph after ats done them. Smile

I have had 4 reputable tyre places balance cyclones, along with Peugeot. And I've also balanced a set myself.

On none of those occasions have they stayed balanced for any worthwhile period of time.

And regardless of who made the cyclones. They are still imo not very good.
Thanks given by:
I do see what you mean but im still getting rid of my TD pro race ones and going back to cyclones
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What size are they?
Thanks given by:
Meh my cyclones are a different colour so im not a sheep! haha
Thanks given by:
17's , the ones in my sig..
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:17's , the ones in my sig..

Nah, too big for me
Thanks given by:
cyclones remind me of this chap

[Image: 6628315.jpg]

[Image: photo3.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ROFL ^^ now you mention it.........
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:ROFL ^^ now you mention it.........

glad im not the only one - its like his little bulky hands - i personally cant stand clones lol
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
They're very meh, they look alright, but I got shot as soon as I could afford an alternative I liked!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by: