Tempt me away from an iPhone 5...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempt me away from an iPhone 5...
Exactly kwik. This argument is pointless because I can guarantee you can dig faults out of every phone on the market.
Personally though for ease of use and build quality, I'd have an iPhone. Mine gets so much abuse it's unreal (best "oh f*ck" moment to date being dropping it down a lift shaft bouncing off the walls and it just had a few scratches) and it makes life easy as it syncs everything with my computer instantly
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
For what I need an do an iPhone is brilliant. It's simple and its really easy to use.
I will be upgrading to the 5 when my upgrade is due in march. That's if the 5s hasn't been released haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Only reason I see for an iPhone is if you also have an iPod, iPad and Mac/Macbook with iTunes between the lot of them. From what I gather, the whole lot works together beautifully...but any one item on it's own is less effective in my experience. iTunes in particular is tragic.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Erm i dont know anywhere selling the iphone 5 cheaper than £41 per month and thats with an upfront cost (which i forget how much)

So many alternatives, Personally I don't like HTC due to their terrible track record for updates or lack of, Samsung, HTC and Nokia offer 24 month warranties whereas Apple, Sony and LG do not which could be something to consider.

If you use it for business (and everyone will slate me for this) Windows Phone 8 could be a possability, buttery smooth, excellent email features such as being able to link all your accounts into one feed making it easier for skimm reading, keyboard is pretty damn good, I pay 7.99 my for xbox music pass meaning unlimited music streaming and downloads to windows phone, pc and xbox (playlists work across all systems) otherwise you have 32gb to fill of your own collection. Nokias 8.7 megapixel camera on the Lumia 920 is good as its lens is fixed onto tiny springs and cushions which dramatically reduces shakyness and it brilliant for low light photography. Also has a physical two stage camera button!

Samsung Galaxy S III is a brilliant phone as well hences why its sold 30 million units so far, good speedy camera, good updates, gorgeous screen, epic batterylife, large selection of free apps, performances is mad!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 09:37 AM)Kwik Wrote: Stevie iphone has had ms exchange protocol since iOS4 where you been man lol

just shows how little i take notice of i devices TBH. i'll happily put OSX on my pc (hackintosh) though as its nice to use something different than windows and its a challenge to get it all working properly. saying that i think i'll do it again very soon as i'm saving for a major upgrade in a few weeks. my previous install went tits up as apple released an update which messed with the boot process, it would boot so far then crash telling you to hold the power button Sad , never bothered trying to fix it
Thanks given by:
if your happy with your 4 then dont upgrade to the 5,just keep the 4

this vid says it all lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJafiCKli...yfjKXvG6pw
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 06:30 PM)kyleo92 Wrote: Erm i dont know anywhere selling the iphone 5 cheaper than £41 per month and thats with an upfront cost (which i forget how much)

So many alternatives, Personally I don't like HTC due to their terrible track record for updates or lack of, Samsung, HTC and Nokia offer 24 month warranties whereas Apple, Sony and LG do not which could be something to consider.

If you use it for business (and everyone will slate me for this) Windows Phone 8 could be a possability, buttery smooth, excellent email features such as being able to link all your accounts into one feed making it easier for skimm reading, keyboard is pretty damn good, I pay 7.99 my for xbox music pass meaning unlimited music streaming and downloads to windows phone, pc and xbox (playlists work across all systems) otherwise you have 32gb to fill of your own collection. Nokias 8.7 megapixel camera on the Lumia 920 is good as its lens is fixed onto tiny springs and cushions which dramatically reduces shakyness and it brilliant for low light photography. Also has a physical two stage camera button!

Samsung Galaxy S III is a brilliant phone as well hences why its sold 30 million units so far, good speedy camera, good updates, gorgeous screen, epic batterylife, large selection of free apps, performances is mad!

one good thing is though if your iphone runs out of warranty, you can go into any apple store with a broken iphone, regardless of if it broke on its own or your pet elephant stepped on it, and they will swap it for a brand new one for £159. Could be a different price for the iphone 5 but personally i think thats quite a good out of warranty service.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Niall Wrote: one good thing is though if your iphone runs out of warranty, you can go into any apple store with a broken iphone, regardless of if it broke on its own or your pet elephant stepped on it, and they will swap it for a brand new one for £159. Could be a different price for the iphone 5 but personally i think thats quite a good out of warranty service.

i pay £9.99 per quarter to have my phone insured so over the 2 year contract that works out as £80 so if my pet elephant sat on it i would get a brand new one Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah i get my phone insurance for free from work but the point im making is, not everyone has phone insurance so your still £170 out of pocket but at least its not £5-600 out of pocket!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me chose a iPhone 5S dash mount silverzx 17 3,110 09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  Anyone know where I could get this iPhone cover lol? Ollie 6 2,997 01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  how much for an iphone 4? Ben Jay 7 2,374 06-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo