Tempt me away from an iPhone 5...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tempt me away from an iPhone 5...
So my 'upgrade' is due this December, but because of the level of demand and the lack of available tarriffs I can't get an iPhone 5 to replace my iPhone 4...

There are however lots of other smartphones available on my current package as upgrades, some free and some with an up-front payment.

Thing is, I've never even considered anything else so I have no idea what to look out for.

I use my phone for-
Business calls and personal calls
Lots of texting
Checking different email accounts and sending replies to emails
Photographs (I'm constantly taking pics of the baby!)
Music

Basically the main functions you would expect I guess, but I don't really want to wait an extra 6 months to get a slightly different iPhone...

Also the iPhone has a bit of a reputation of not actually being as good as other smartphones so I would prefer something more powerful...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
New iphone is just as powerful and quick as the new htc one x thing.

If your not sure what you want though, just dont upgrade for now? you dont have to and then if you leave if for a few months, the iphone 5 should be available to you (all though i dont see why you cant get one because ive been offered one on EE with unlimited texts and minutes, 1gb of 4g internet for £36 a month on my door step friday....tempting!) or there might be something else out nice and new.

you dont have to upgrade just because your 18/24 months is up!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
IV got the S3 and really like it, can do everything you are asking.

Its worth considering
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 10:30 PM)Daniel306 Wrote: IV got the S3 and really like it, can do everything you are asking.

Its worth considering

All phones under 7 years old can do what hes asking :p
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Chris I might have a white S3 available for a decent price if you're happy with your current contract.
Thanks given by:
All you need to do is think this,
bad piggies is 69p on iphone, free on android
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
iphones are shit for business emails as they lack some type of security protocol. android and crackberry on the other hand have these protocols
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:08 PM)stevieg Wrote: iphones are shit for business emails as they lack some type of security protocol. android and crackberry on the other hand have these protocols

Sorry but thats utter bollocks. I know everyone slates iphones but one thing they do do well is security unlike android and even BB isnt very secure anymore when you consider that my work emails on my bb on a bb enterprise server have been read several times by someone that isnt in my company....BB have had it. they cant even do what they claimed to do besrt anymore
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
The reason to avoid is in the name. Apple. Enuff said
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
theyre all just about as secure as others. Id go for an android phone myself. The S3 is pretty epic and with an iphone there is pretty much always going to be a new one. Lets be honest if you have an iphone 4 anyone with a 5 is just going to rub it in your face... so yeh. best get out of the iphone thing and get something different!
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:28 PM)SRowell Wrote: theyre all just about as secure as others. Id go for an android phone myself. The S3 is pretty epic and with an iphone there is pretty much always going to be a new one. Lets be honest if you have an iphone 4 anyone with a 5 is just going to rub it in your face... so yeh. best get out of the iphone thing and get something different!

there not though. BBs used to be incredibly secure but they just haven't stayed ahead of the times. they are going to have to pull something pretty special out of the hat soon!

and correct me if im wrong but the likes of htc also do the same...like the htc1x coming out beginning of this year and now were onto the htc 1xcatchupbecauseweforgot4g already.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I've given up with iPhone. I'm going for galaxy note 2 because I use my phone for everything. The note has a good size and capable of doing more than one thing at once Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:31 PM)Niall Wrote: and correct me if im wrong but the likes of htc also do the same...like the htc1x coming out beginning of this year and now were onto the htc 1xcatchupbecauseweforgot4g already.
I know you're trolling, but as far as I'm aware 4g wasn't finalised when the One X was released so it would have been pointless to release it with 4G...the S3 has 4g but not for the UK market, hence the need for another model for both phones if you want 4g capability.

I think we can at least all agree that BB are outdated. Let's not turn this into another Android vs Apple thread again.
Thanks given by:
scott 4g has been in use since since late last year for a select few. We had a few trial internet dongles on O2 at work at the beginning of the year. Was pointless though as it only worked in certain areas of london!

but trolling aside, its true. Technology is moving so fast that companies are bringing out new phones so often, its not just apple that are guilty of it. they release a new one every year exactly the same as the likes of samsung and htc.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nexus4...?
Thanks given by:
I've just got the iPhone 5 and its so quick does everything you tell it to! What more do you want??
Thanks given by:

[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
IMO the iPhone 5 is a joke, all that time for essentially just a bigger screen and a slightly faster processor.. and the iPhone 5s is going to be released mid next year! Guaranteed to have the features they said were pointless in this model.. imo it feels horrible to hold as well, although in all fairness it did seem very smooth when using it.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Swapping your iPhone 4 in for an extra inch.... hope your girlfriend doesn't do the same
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How about the new Nokia lumia thingy? don't know the spec on it yet - just seen the ads on telly.
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 12:25 AM)4WayDiablo Wrote: Swapping your iPhone 4 in for an extra inch.... hope your girlfriend doesn't do the same

FLOL Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:12 PM)Niall Wrote:
(14-11-2012, 11:08 PM)stevieg Wrote: iphones are shit for business emails as they lack some type of security protocol. android and crackberry on the other hand have these protocols

Sorry but thats utter bollocks. I know everyone slates iphones but one thing they do do well is security unlike android and even BB isnt very secure anymore when you consider that my work emails on my bb on a bb enterprise server have been read several times by someone that isnt in my company....BB have had it. they cant even do what they claimed to do besrt anymore

they lack the MS exchange protocol which pretty much every business uses for their mail servers. they might have added support for it now but i dunno
Thanks given by:
samsung gets my vote! ive got the galaxy nexus and its pretty good! seems to bounce well which is a credit to its build quality!

Iphones are far too weak imo
Thanks given by:
IPhones are an accessory. Nothing more
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Well my provider (TMobile) aren't offering me an iPhone5 yet, but I am on a £36 unlimited tarriff already and if that's what Niall's been offered I'm keen to know through which provider...

My contract isn't due for renewal but I'm entitled to a mid-term 'upgrade'.

I love the simplicity of the iPhone4, a 4S isn't enough of a difference for me to consider though. I think I might just wait the extra 5-6 months and review the situation then.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Car I'm on tmobile and they have offered me a move over to EE with an iPhone 5 or any other 4g phone and I could go into a EE store today and do that if I liked. Doubt I will though..probably hold out till a decent new phone comes out.

Tbh if you like the simplicity of the iPhone and you've got one at the moment, stick with your current one. They can do everything a htc can but there's no point in getting the 4s if that's all their offering you. It's nice because its faster but I wouldn't waste an upgrade on it. Just wait until they offer you something better!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
stick with your iphone and upgrade later. the mid contract thing isn't an upgrade it's to move you up or down a band. i just had that with my business contract was not impressed lol that's with orange.

Stevie iphone has had ms exchange protocol since iOS4 where you been man lol

Sean-306 and declantg i think you'll find iphone actually has the best build quality but it does carry a silly high price tag
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Build quality? notsureiftrolling.

google iPhone 5 problems, the back casing started rubbing off on most of then within days
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2012, 09:58 AM)declantg Wrote: Build quality? notsureiftrolling.

google iPhone 5 problems, the back casing started rubbing off on most of then within days

Dec all new phones have issues. Like the onex, dodgy screens, cases that literally just fall apart, batteries that barely last 2 hours from first charge. They were on watchdog a while back because people were returning phones to them for replacement and the replacements were just as bad. And htcs response? If you want one that is good out of the box, don't send it back to us because we will just send you a refurb. Go into your store and argue for a new one.
Samsung had issues with that note thing (possibily the worlds most pointless device?!) with the screens smashing because the phone was just too flimsy!
Fair apple have had their fair share of issues but the one thing they do do better than any other company is customer service when it comes to faulty goods.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
lol people will always find faults what about the androids that set alight?
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me chose a iPhone 5S dash mount silverzx 17 3,106 09-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  Anyone know where I could get this iPhone cover lol? Ollie 6 2,970 01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo
  how much for an iphone 4? Ben Jay 7 2,370 06-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: 4WayDiablo