Changing dials in my car help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing dials in my car help!
Hi guys,

I bought some new clocks for my car (speed, revs, mileage etc) obviously the car they are from doesn't have the same mileag as mine. If I plug the clocks into my car will it automatically change the mileage to mine? Or do I need to change anything? And how?

Thanks!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Don't think that it will change to your mileage and I don't think that you can even change it, otherwise everyone would do it when selling a car to claim lower mileage ?

Don't take my word for it as I'm not 100%
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
The mileage on the clocks is higher then what mine is at. I was just wondering whether when plugged into my car , the ecu would change the digital display to show what mines at now?
Thanks given by:
Hmm good point, cant even think of anyone that has done a dial change that you could ask =\.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
I'm hoping that when I plug them in it will change. Don't really want to take them apart as I broke my current ones when I did haha.
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure the mileage is stored in the instrument cluster, so you'll be stuck with whatever it was. Easy enough to find out though, takes 5 minutes to change them over... Just make note of your current mileage, and what the clocks say when you put them in, and keep the originals for when/if you sell.
Thanks given by:
Damn that's pretty annoying. Ye I've taken them out before just want to get them a sorted!
Thanks given by:
cully changed his over with a higher mileage cluster but changed the relevant bits to keep his mileage
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ok fair enough. I will have a look when I have a spare day. Don't really want to take it apart though!
Thanks given by:
No the mileage is stored in the clocks, so unless you're an electrical nut like cully, you won't be able to keep your mileage
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The LCD but that stores the millage comes out? Iirc. And they can be changed over. I have a spare set of clocks at mine, I'll take a look at them and get back to you
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Damn, I dont really want to take them apart, but it is looking that way!
Thanks given by:
I know when I had my Astra I changed my clocks to the sxi white dials and the miles where different. But I had the op com ( copy of vauxhalls diag lead) and you can change everything electrically on there.

Peugeot will be able to do it for you. But I think it's £30 I know vauxhalls was.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I may give them a call tomorrow and see what they say!
Thanks given by:
No it's stored in the clocks. And Matt if you change the screen it won't make any diference as it is just a display. The mileage is stored in the chip on the dials so unless your good at soldering, it won't work. And even then it might not work.
There are companies that can reprogram them for about 20-30 quid.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Ahh fair enough thought it was something to do with the screen lol
Thanks given by:
Nope the screen is just a screen. Doesn't hold any information. Just displays stuff lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Poo. Looks like I'm going to have to spend a bit more money then...
Thanks given by:
jim, ive just changed my bulbs for blue neons and doing that i had to strip them all down whitch included taking the millage screen out and changing the filter from yellow to white.
basicly you take the needles off so you can get to the rest of the gubbins. the clock is held in place by 4 prongs on the back. really easy to change that screen. sounds difficult but its not as bad as it sounds. tell ya what....

http://www.lightec-autostyle.co.uk/imag ... 1_0001.jpg

step 13 mate.
so, if you can change the clocks then im sure the millage will stay the same but dont hold me to that.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for that mate! Looks like im going to have to take them apart then. Will this transfer the mileage then? I guess I will have to be careful when changing them...
Thanks given by:
no mate. really easy. i did mine look.
[Image: IMAG0328.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As already explained, millage isn't stored in the screen, it's in a chip so changing the screens will make no difference.....

.....edit: unless the screen is broke Tongue
Thanks given by:
depends on what you are changing over!
the milage is stored on a chip on the clocks circuitboard, easyest way without spending money is to swap over the circuit boards but this won't help if you are looking for new functions from the panel
Thanks given by:
didnt realize the memory was in the chip. peice of piss to change the clock though.
Thanks given by:
Says on page one it's in the chip Wink
Thanks given by:
Im just going to swap the new bits onto my dials so I keep my mileage. Not worried about changing the bulbs now. Quite like oem!
Thanks given by:
are you keeping em cause you've seen how gash mine look. i hate mine and wish i never did em.
Thanks given by:
Sorry why are you swapping them? Do you not have a rev counter on yours or something?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
They are the same clocks just I broke one of the needles and the back sheet is all scratched. Ye I'm staying OEM!
Thanks given by:
Ok well just whip the needle and sheet off of the new and onto the old.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: