GTi6 boot change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTi6 boot change
Afternoon all,

A few weeks ago I managed to pick up a PH3 boot and bonnet all for £30!

Here the boot!

[Image: 532235_4924944489281_1487749271_n.jpg]

Anyway.... So I got it fitted and noted down the wires and the colours and noted the same on the new boot. So I matched the colour wires up, fired up the ignition and then turned off and locked the car, but the boot doenst lock nor does the boot brake light work....

Any one got any pictures or guides on this?

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Well there's the first rule of French electrics... Colours don't mean f*ck all lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
3rd brake light looks out of place anyways IMO
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
you got the fun job of testing continuity from each thing to wire coming out of tailgate. then you got to work out what each wire coming out of body does. haynes may help but is a horrid job. hope it goes well
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Should have removed the c pillers and just pluged the wiring in no messing around then.
Had a ph3 boot on my ph1 and everything worked as it should have.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hmm colours mightent be same on phases, as said could have just plugged all in, what i did when i went from phase2 to phase 3.
you still got old plugs?
Thanks given by:
the old plugs would make life so much easier lol
Thanks given by:
Hang so you cut the wires the joined them again? Why the f*ck dint you plug them and and just plug them back in?.

My advice would be wire the original boot loom/plugs back on and do it properly and plug them into their connections. TBH sounds like youv made a bit of a easy job lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
But maybe he never knew the plugin inside the car?
Thanks given by:
yeh swapping the loom was probably youre best bet. things are a bugger to solder in the tight spaces such as boot looms and door looms!
Thanks given by:
main rule of PSA electrics....do NOT go on colours...thats dangerous. All PSA cars have numbered wires. the colours just group the wires to what they do
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:02 PM)Niall Wrote: main rule of PSA electrics....do NOT go on colours...thats dangerous. All PSA cars have numbered wires. the colours just group the wires to what they do

if youre lucky the numbers will still be there. when i swapped my towbar from my P3 1.4 to my P3 1.8 the colours were different and the numbers had rubbed off the 1.8 Sad
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 11:02 PM)Niall Wrote: main rule of PSA electrics....do NOT go on colours...thats dangerous. All PSA cars have numbered wires. the colours just group the wires to what they do

This. I had TOAD Alarms fitted on 2 of my previous 306's back in the day, the experienced alarm installer electrocuted himself several times on both cars.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 02:35 PM)Connor Wrote: Well there's the first rule of French electrics... Colours don't mean f*ck all lol

the man speaks sense !

i added a 2.5 GTI boot to my dt derv, i guessed the wire colours and all were correct and happy...until the g/f wacked the new boot lid !!!!! the dented one is still fitted as can't be bothered to change it now lol
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(14-11-2012, 09:31 PM)Manlove Wrote: Hang so you cut the wires the joined them again? Why the f*ck dint you plug them and and just plug them back in?.

My advice would be wire the original boot loom/plugs back on and do it properly and plug them into their connections. TBH sounds like youv made a bit of a easy job lol

I bought the boot not realising the wires had been cut. I didn't cut the wires, and the plug is still on my old boot... but yes, I do still have all the old connectors, which is what I've worked out about an hour after I posted. Blush

Re wired all the connectors back to normal, well back to a phase 2 loom anyway but it works fine now.... Smile
Thanks given by: