Been made redundant.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been made redundant.
Sad 
Soooo...

As some of you know I work for comet, and as most of you who are in touch with the modern world have probably seen on the news comet has been in trouble.

Well anyway... Have just received the call from the administrators to say I have been made redundant with immediate effect!! 50 people from our call center and many others from depots and stores have also lost their Jobs today.

So shit. All I hope for now is that Danny gets to keep his job.

Fingers crossed mate xx
Thanks given by:
That's gutting mate Sad I hate being made redundant! How long have you been there? Decent payout?
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear that. I used to work for comet in the mid 90's.

Hopefully you'll be able to find something else pretty sharpish

when auto windscreens went into administration people got paid to end of month when they got made redundant.
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Properly sucks I know how it feels
Just get yourself out there. That was my mistake, you need to get your CV out there. Than had some brilliant tips in a previous thread
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
He's been there less than 6 months so no redundancy packet unfortunetly.. 'Fortuntely' I've been there for almost 3 years now and i am still employed.. for now
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear mate :-(

Hope you can get a new job soon

I heard that they were planning on moving some people to currys/pc world as an alternative?
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2012, 03:43 PM)kyleo92 Wrote: I heard that they were planning on moving some people to currys/pc world as an alternative?

Doubt it. Why would they? Comet is and was never part of the DSG group was it?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Correct, they aren't.. Dixons have basically offered all there christmas temp positions to comet staff to help with our redundancy situation and for them to essentially get 2000 fully trained staff which they can bin off just after christmas.....
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That sucks, sorry to hear matey Sad
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
Gutted bud!! but If you are good at what you do, get yourself round all the major electrical places and get your name down for crimbo work, show em what your made of and boom your in, every electrical place round here employs f*cking divs that ain't got a clue!! So much so I like going in there just to f*ck with em lol, if you show you know what your on about they got to take you over some knob that don't know what day it is, let alone offer electrical advice
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
what a nightmere andy!! i bought my new tv from comet on saturday aswell. it was the cheepest place to get it from too. i was hoping that the company could have been saved.
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads... Yeah it is a nightmare :/

Funny you should say that Johnny... I'm on my way down to currys and PC world now.
Will see what they have available if anything.

Thanks for the kind words peoples.
Even from Phil look haha <3
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2012, 03:49 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Correct, they aren't.. Dixons have basically offered all there christmas temp positions to comet staff to help with our redundancy situation and for them to essentially get 2000 fully trained staff which they can bin off just after christmas.....
isn't it better to be in work for a while longer particularly this time of year??

Also means you have a bit of space / time to find a new job
Thanks given by:
as said man, shit f*cking balls.

good luck getting a new job matey
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
So sorry Andy, been there myself. Get yourself down to Currys and that might tide you over to after Xmas, then just start applying, something will turn up. If its callcentre work you do, look at other callcentres as well. Chin up mate, and fingers crossed for Danny as well.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers man, Yeah it's call center work I was doing. Just gonna have to see what comes up. I went down to currys and pc world and as soon as they know their budget they said they will be hiring.

Hopes and prayers... And a shitload of alcohol is also needed
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2012, 06:15 PM)Andy Wrote: Cheers man, Yeah it's call center work I was doing. Just gonna have to see what comes up. I went down to currys and pc world and as soon as they know their budget they said they will be hiring.

Hopes and prayers... And a shitload of alcohol is also needed

i told the lass who served me, to bang in a form for asda or a supermarket, if all fails. just to get her over xmas.
Thanks given by:
bummer Man!
no time is a good time for redundancy
hope you find somthing soon
good luck m8
Thanks given by:
Good luck fella, it's a horrible feeling when your company disappears all of a sudden. Ride it out and like everyone says you will find work again in time, especially if you're good at what you do.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
I work for comet too... in the Leeds service centre. I repair laptops and desktops under extended warranty. I'm not sure what's going to happen with us yet as the warranty's are not comets... its a separate company based in the Cayman islands, they aren't affected by the administration and still have to honor these policy's. But by all means nothings stopping them from using a 3rd party to do the repairs.

Its widely known Comet have been in trouble for some years now... even before opcapita bought it. I'd best not even start talking about them because the whole thing stinks and its fairly obvious from the moment they bought comet their intention was to run it into the ground and strip it for assets just like they did mfi.... oh and walk away with a tidy little profit

All the best anyway Andy.... get yourself lots of interviews even for jobs you don't want, its all good experience for when you get an interview for a job you do want

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Never really liked comet personally, but sad to hear you lose your job.

Royal mail have vacancies going, apply there!
Thanks given by:
What a bummer mate, hope you find something to tide you over
Thanks given by:
Was in the same position as you 3 months ago buddy Sad Fooking sucks, but get on the rounds asap, dont consider it time off, get up every morning to find yourself a new job, keeps you in the routine... I ended up packing insulation in to 8kg bags for minimum wage in the end... It's shit but it tides you over...

Good luck man...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
been there and done it i was the first major cull with the recession back in 2008! when woolies went under. we had no inkling it was on the cards until one day i received a message of the parents saying they were in adminstrartion. The company didnt even say any thing to its staff till the next day! Same situatuation too as they couldnt get product insurance any more.

Are they giving company redundancy or going through in solvency service?

In theory the adminstrators should have taken a leaf from when woolies went under as they never even went into talks to save the company just came in and broke it up which cost the insolvency service £30 million this rear in protective award pay outs. Due to failure to consult of redundancies.

But as ruan says get straight back in dont take a break its the worst thing you can do
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear this news at such a shit time of year bud Sad as everyone else is saying keep in the routine or you'll lose the motivation.
I know its a bit further away from you and don't know what you're like when it comes to mobile phones but I'm pretty certain Orange has a call center in Patchway Bristol - may be worth a call to their HR dept or banging your cv off to them.
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads.

This is what I will do... I have loved having money so I really don't want to be without it for too long...
Sadly it costs money to have no money.

I'll be getting up every day and seeing what's around. May actually do what Andy said tbh and see what is around bristol.

Atm I don't care how much i get paid an hour I just want the security of knowing.I can pay my rent and my phone bill.
(Phone bill this month just gone was £435 "/ Damn you, women)

Anyways thanks again lads and I shall keep you posted.

Much love xxx
Thanks given by:
damn feel your pain. On another note are they actually going to sell there stock cheap?

Thanks given by:
they got a sale on at moment but nothing is dirt cheap like costco was.

I second the comment about asda i now work for them as my second job and tbh they are a really good company to work for. pay is not great but as i have health issues they actually support me more then any company i've worked for
http://www.asda.jobs/hourly/
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2012, 11:40 AM)Andy Wrote: Cheers lads.

This is what I will do... I have loved having money so I really don't want to be without it for too long...
Sadly it costs money to have no money.

I'll be getting up every day and seeing what's around. May actually do what Andy said tbh and see what is around bristol.

Atm I don't care how much i get paid an hour I just want the security of knowing.I can pay my rent and my phone bill.
(Phone bill this month just gone was £435 "/ Damn you, women)

Anyways thanks again lads and I shall keep you posted.

Much love xxx

the thing that pisses me off is alot of places seem to give the staff the boot this side of xmas! leading up to xmas is stressful enough more than it needs to be!
we have had all our contracts changed due to company policy changing for process.
they are ill if they are not fiddling with something! instead of taking more staff on they cutting back hrs! comes 10 am iam off.
Thanks given by:
YOUR PHONE BILL WAS HOW MUCH?!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: