Siemens ECU remap?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siemens ECU remap?
Do any of the well known mappers (Whippy,Pro-steve ect) Do remaps for the siemens ECU? I was gonna wait until I had a FMIC sorted but thats gone tits up so I'll settle for a stage 1 for now. Seen a tuning box for sale on .net but I'd rather have a remap TBH. Dont think I can just swap the ECU for a Bosch one as the vans wiring would be a PITA!

Cheers, Pete Big Grin
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
youd have to ask them! both nice guys im sure! Smile
Thanks given by:
I don't think there's many about that can map the siemens unit tbh, seem to remember people having problems finding a mapper at all, let alone on the forum.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Think TB 'may' be able to, if not, i wonder how hard it would be to swap it over to a Bosch ECU
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
probably quite hard to swap it, arent these multi plexed?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Think you may have to change the lot, pump injectors etc....
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. PM'd whippy a while back he said he was looking into it, not heard back since though..I know of one place (rs tuning) but they're pricey!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
It's genuinely easiest to switch to a Bosch system, injectors, pump, ecu and wiring loom, just pull it all off a 3plug Partner van and that should work fine...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't you need the key/ignition/locks and everything for the immobiliser as well though?
Thanks given by:
Depends on whether or not the ECU is unlocked IIRC
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Was going to say can try my stuff off the hdi but would need a new loom as that's what is causing problems on mine
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Siemens are a pain to do.

You can't read them via OBD to see what is on there, so writing always feels a bit risky.

Even writing you need to turn the ECU into boot mode.

So it's an ECU out job ideally to write them, and possibly a solder job if you want to see exactly what is on the chips before you write.

Also it's Siemens so a bit harder to remap, not as simple as a Bosch any way.

I do plan to get around to offering a tune on them but it's a big investment in time/kit to possibly do not many cars, and people with these now don't like to pay much money... it makes it a hard business model to justify, so it has generally sat on the back burner vs stuff that can make me a living unfortunately...

Almost all tuners just buy in files for these cars but I don't want to offer that. I either want to offer a proper tune I understand fully and know is good, or not offer anything.

Dave
Thanks given by:
Cheers Dave, I know I won't make much sense for you to plough time and money into a very limited market..that's fair enough! Might just chance a tuning box tbh.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
If people think a swap over to a different ECU is a viable path to go down then it's worth looking at, merely just to add up costs/complexity.

If you can swap over and sell the old bits and end up £150 down for example, it's cheaper than a tuning box, and an RS Tuning remap or similar, and then you have the run of the re-map market from whoever takes your fancy.

I'll have a look again in a few weeks at how all the Siemens read/write stuff works. Once you know how to get data on/off easily that is most of the battle. Sat on a computer on a night staring at the binary is relatively easy as enough staring and it starts to fall into place Big Grin

Staring at an ECU or a load of wires however doesn't make it work haha.

Dave
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Siemens VDO MAF Part No Shawnobi 6 2,057 24-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Shawnobi
Question Siemens managed Berlingo not hot starting Jaymes306 32 5,659 06-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Last Post: Poodle