Danny2009's Metro

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danny2009's Metro
Thought i would put up a progress thread for anyone interested ?

Plan was find a cheap car to run around in through winter until i get it the derv back on the road.

So i set about trawling through ebay, ad-mag, auto trader, swapz, gumtree basically anywhere i would find a cheap car.

I was on gumtree a week before xmas when i found this.

[Image: 12122011227.jpg]

[Image: 12122011228.jpg]

Poor advertisement but it was local, so i went to view it, the dashboard wasn't bolted in just hanging there the clocks hanging there not being able to see the speed i was going. Lifted the clocks up and it read 54k mot cert and 3 owners seem to back this up.

4 month tax and 10 month mot sold it to me, this and the fact i could flog the seats and harnesses and get my money back. so i parted with £200 and drove it back home.

Next day i bolted the dashboard back together and the clocks secured in and it was driveable.

After a quick wash before the North Xmas meet it didnt look that bad for a 16 year old £200 car.

[Image: 306meet016.jpg]

Few weeks later brimmed the tank all of £30 and drove to bristol never missed a beat covered 550 miles in 4 days.

After remembering how much fun these cars are to drive and how reliable it is this is staying and the derv will be for sale

A friend of a friend had crashed there car and selling all there parts off it. Got some 6000k H4 Hi-Lo beam HID's only a week old £20

[Image: 29122011249.jpg]

Old

[Image: 29122011251.jpg]

New

When i got it i found there was no backbox just a straight pipe so i purchased a cherry bomb.

[Image: 05012012256.jpg]

The jack wouldnt fit under the sill so with help from a curb the jack was under

[Image: 05012012257.jpg]

[Image: 06012012260.jpg]

Old and new

[Image: 06012012261.jpg]

Bread, milk, eggs, flour.

[Image: 06012012262.jpg]

Off comes the shopping list, much cleaner.

Also ive removed the sticker under the rear window the stars off the side and the sticky glue that held badges on the bootlid but got dark so no pictures of this

Currently have a nice OEM spoiler that im prepping and painting ready to go on.

C&C welcome Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I may be joining the metro crew soon Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
i like it mate, some new number plates would freshen it up some . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
VVC!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
You wont regret it matt Smile.

New plates and colour coded bumpers are on the top of my list, thanks for the comments

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
looking a lot better there dan, has some one been messing on with the front wings?
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:I may be joining the metro crew soon Smile
make sure you get hold of a good one mat, i have read a fare few stories that people have paid 500 quid and the cars turned out to be well rotten.
they are great fun to drive! just a bigger version of the classic mini. the vvc powerd ones are scream when you nail that pisstaker.
they make great second cars too! i wouldnt run one now as a primary car as they have been thru that now and deserve to come out to play on a week end.
only thing matt is suspention you need to find a garage that will pump these up or buy a pump. they are not as easy to lower, as you cannot just drop the fluid out of them. you got to degass and cut the cones and rods. then pump it back up,
i think i may have another couple of years with mine sadly, as they are very very light in scrappies up here. most of these cars were scrapped 9 to 10 years ago, when you could see 15+ in scrappies.
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:
Matt Wrote:only thing matt is suspention you need to find a garage that will pump these up or buy a pump. they are not as easy to lower, as you cannot just drop the fluid out of them. you got to degass and cut the cones and rods. then pump it back up,

How you mean with the wings mate ?

You can lower them by letting the fluid out have done on my previous one and hence why this one is slammed, Free lowering FTW

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

How you mean with the wings mate ?

You can lower them by letting the fluid out have done on my previous one and hence why this one is slammed, Free lowering FTW[/quote]

dan tell me your joking me right?
as you dont lower metros like that!!! letting the fluid out makes them very unpreditble handling wise as it will be too soft.
you cut the rods and trumpets down and pump the car to the desired ride height!
looks like someones roled them??
Thanks given by:
procta Wrote:dan tell me your joking me right?
as you dont lower metros like that!!! letting the fluid out makes them very unpreditble handling wise as it will be too soft.

Not sure on the wings mate,

Im being deadly serious my old one was lowered the exact same way, dont see the point taking it all to bits to cut the rods down when you can drain a bit of fluid out.
Handles epic dont see the problem with it Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Danny2009 Wrote:
procta Wrote:dan tell me your joking me right?

Not sure on the wings mate,

Im being deadly serious my old one was lowered the exact same way, dont see the point taking it all to bits to cut the rods down when you can drain a bit of fluid out.
Handles epic dont see the problem with it Smile
Confusedhock: that all iam going to say danny
Thanks given by:
At the end of the day its a £200 metro not a ferrari, it handles fine so this is how its staying Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Danny2009 Wrote:At the end of the day its a £200 metro not a ferrari, it handles fine so this is how its staying Smile
ok, anyway you going to get front and rear arbs for this?
iam trying to think if i saw one in this colour with colour coded bumpers, as i think its a kingston model. which was a basic specd one ( i got my full car loom out of kingston) get some clear side repeaters off the R25 next time your at the scrappy, maybe a mgf rear view mirror too. just for the lux upgrade, you can put any rover steering wheel on too.
Thanks given by:
Not sure about the ARB's atm, they did come in this colour with c/c bumpers, im off to the scrappy tomorrow so ill see if i can get any parts for it while im there Smile.

spoiler should be painted and fitted this week.

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Danny2009 Wrote:Not sure about the ARB's atm, they did come in this colour with c/c bumpers, im off to the scrappy tomorrow so ill see if i can get any parts for it while im there Smile.

spoiler should be painted and fitted this week.

could have been the more later ones, as iam sure the latter end their time i think most had colour coded bumpers by then.
sadly for me mk3s are getting well thin now on the ground in scrappies. i think i have the only mk3 now in sunderland. i recon they could be about 2 R100s and mine. Sad
Thanks given by:
Update!.

Hit a speed bump few days ago and killed my flexi pipe!.

[Image: 12012012279.jpg]

Downpipe doesn't look much better either.

[Image: 12012012278.jpg]

sooooo...

Before

[Image: 12012012280.jpg]

After

[Image: 12012012281.jpg]

Chopped the flexi out and decatted it Wink.

Ive also welded the sheild thing off the pipe on the cat onto the bottom of the downpipe to give it extra protection as its nearly ground all the way through!

Not a great picture but ive tinted my lights

[Image: 12012012282.jpg]

They still reflect and every light is clearly visible.

[Image: 11012012272.jpg]

spoiler IS! getting painted tomorrow so that should be on at the weekend Smile

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by: