http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...1120973146
Thanks given by:
No.
Thanks given by:
ill buy it if you deliver it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just park it outside a taxi rank with a sign saying 10000 rupees...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, I'll use that as a last resort liam. lol
Thanks given by:
ill ask my grandad...

ninja
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
I'll ask around im sure some one i know is having a bon fire in the next couple weeks

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
This gotta be someone off here? lol

Quote:Dear tom,

Hi
I was just wondering if the compulsory beaded seat cover will be included in the sale? Im also interested in fitting a box of tissues on the parcel shelf. Can you confirm if these will fit? Many thanks.

- ebayer

Quote:Hello,

I'm afraid the beaded seat covers have been removed, I assume the same time as the other parts. I can only guess theres some poor old man sitting in his house on a beaded seat cover, flicking cigarette ash into his Avensis ashtray while keeping his glasses safe in his Avensis sunglasses holder, all the time sad about the loss of his much loved Avensis.

Yes I can confirm the tissue box fits perfectly, I'd go for the mansize if I were you, much more useful!

Cheers
Tom
Thanks given by:
Wasnt me ninja

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
ninja
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
It didn't sell. Sad Not even got a proper offer! Sad

What did I do wrong guys??
Thanks given by:
Bought an Avensis?
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 01:40 PM)Curt Wrote: Bought an Avensis?

Damn, beat me to it.
Thanks given by:
I was expecting that....... But srsly, its a lot of car for the money imo, was expecting some offers at least!
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. weird, perhaps it was this part that put people off....

"Looks like its spent most of those miles being driven into things! Imagine a dent or scrape on every body panel and you'll be about right, and if theres a panel without a dent or scrape it'll have some laquer peel instead!!"
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Honesty is always best though........the bodywork is shit, can't say it's prestine can I!! I've wasted time going to look at cars that arent as described before, so i try and be as honest as possible when selling mine. Also means they cant come over and say 'oh we expected it to be perfect, knock £500 off'....
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 02:44 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Hmm.. weird, perhaps it was this part that put people off....

"Looks like its spent most of those miles being driven into things! Imagine a dent or scrape on every body panel and you'll be about right, and if theres a panel without a dent or scrape it'll have some laquer peel instead!!"

I would say 100% thats why you have had no offers lmao, i would stay well clear from any car with a discription like that, what was you thinking haha
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 02:50 PM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(05-11-2012, 02:44 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Hmm.. weird, perhaps it was this part that put people off....

I would say 100% thats why you have had no offers lmao, i would stay well clear from any car with a discription like that, what was you thinking haha

I was thinking its a cheap runaround/workhorse car. Its not in mint condition, hence the low price, people pay more for 306s with more miles, more age and less spec for example lol.

I like people to tell me absolutely everything about a car before I go and view it - I've veiwed all sorts of shit before where I've had to waste loads of diesel to find the car idles like shit, has peices hanging off, has a blown headgasket, has a 5 page list of MOT advisories etc etc......so i'd rather be honest with my descriptions.

You took one line from the whole thing.......I even said after it how well it drives etc and that the bodywork is the only thing that lets it down.
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 02:48 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Honesty is always best though........the bodywork is shit, can't say it's prestine can I!! I've wasted time going to look at cars that arent as described before, so i try and be as honest as possible when selling mine. Also means they cant come over and say 'oh we expected it to be perfect, knock £500 off'....

Tom, if you're selling a small house, you don't say "It's tiny and you'll barely have room to move".. you say it's "Cosey"
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2012, 02:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I was thinking its a cheap runaround/workhorse car. Its not in mint condition, hence the low price, people pay more for 306s with more miles, more age and less spec for example lol.

that's because a 306 is a far superior car, not a big, juicy, petrol-engined minicab that looked like it had been in an accident straight out of the factory. Only cabbies want these, and only with derv engines. Rule number one of buying a temporary car - always make sure it's something easy to sell. And i should know about this by now...
Thanks given by:
Try and cut it down to short & sweet (I know you may struggle with that), cover all the important areas then let people make their own mind up about it. You don't have to describe EVERYTHING as I'm betting it makes it sound worse than it is. As you say, it's a work horse, so list it as one.
Thanks given by:
Thirsty? I got over 40mpg driving like a bell.....I know some xuds/1.4s that get less than that. lol

Tbh though, I thought a low milage car with almost a years MOT would be easy to sell on! The majority of people looking for a car like that (women with kids or old people) don't give a shit about bodywork. And as said for the power it has the mpg isn't actually bad tbh.

What should I do next anyway? had a sign on the car for a few weeks already, ebay fixed price didnt work......do I try changing the ad and doing it on auction instead? Or autotrader? Or any other ideas?
Thanks given by:
tom instead of saying its looks like its been driven into stuff all its life, say something like 'as you can imagine, there is some damage that would be associated with a car of this age and on this mileage but nothing major'
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
But it is pretty major....have you seen the size of the dent? And the massive scuff along the NS...the entire NS of the car. And the laquer peeling everywhere.

The Golf was the same age with twice the milage and only had one tiny trolley dent on the whole damn car lol, its more than just age related marks on the Avensis.

I do see what you're saying, but it's no different really......if someone said a house was cosy you'd know its tiny....so whats the difference?? Id rather someone told me it was tiny instead of trying to be 'clever' and cover it!!

Anyway, as I said, what do I try this time? Another BIN or BO, auction, autotrader or anything else.....? And if anyone fancies altering the ad so it appeals more to you guys than me then rep will be given....
Thanks given by:
this is quite amusing!

Popcorn
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'm selling my Toyota Avensis. This is the first Toyota I've ever owned and I must say, I was very pleasantly surprised with it!

It comes with many extras as standard including electric windows and mirrors, climate controlled air conditioning, alloy wheels with locking nuts, remote central locking and a driver information system giving a readout of miles per gallon, range and various other useful things!! It also had OEM reverse parking sensors fitted at some point which I have found very useful.

It has around 11 months MOT left, with 2 months tax. I also have the handbook with it and a few bits of service history (I think) but its not full. Its always been a local car, coming from the Toyota dealer in Ipswich in September 2002, so just over 10 years old now. It's also only done 73k miles in 10 years which is pretty good. And I averaged 40mpg from the 1.8 petrol engine, it has plenty of pulling power and the big disc brakes all round make it stop well too.

This is in my opinion a very well spec'd car with genuine low mileage for the year, with usual age related marks as you would expect. I've pictured the worst parts though, dent in the front wing and some flaking on the boot lid. Then inside seems to be missing a few bits, a switch, fuse box cover and a few cubby holes.

Now as always if you hit the button, you are doing so to BUY the vehicle, not just look at it, please do not waste my time! Viewings are of course welcome and I'm located in the IP9 area, but please arrange a viewing BEFORE hitting the button. Cash on collection of the vehicle will be necessary, and you must be able to collect it, I am unable to deliver it. The car is SOLD AS SEEN and as such, I will not accept returns.

If you want any more information feel free to contact me via ebay and I'll reply as soon as possible.

Thanks very much for reading,
Tom

Removed unnecessary stuff and modified the rest, keep it simple IMO. I'd also remove the bit about clicking the button with the shouting, if someone's going to mess you around it doesn't matter what you write. But it comes across a bit aggressive. Up to you though
Thanks given by:
Thanks Curt, appreciated and repped. Smile

What do you recon though, try the same again or an auction instead?
Thanks given by:
Tom,

Stick it on Gumtree with a really short add, something like

"Toyota Avensis 1.8, 11mths MOT, 2 months tax, 73k some history, good condition, £850"

You'll have it gone in 3 days, a foreigner will buy it, i'd put money on it.

Did it with my old Mk4 Silver astra, free to list too!
Thanks given by:
A foreigner? We don't have many of those down here... Confused. Just ask SRowell. lol

I suppose atleast gumtree is free though so worth a try!!
Thanks given by:
Are you joking Tom? I've been to Ipswich a fair few times..

I bet you, £5. you'll get at least an email within 24hrs of listing it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Awesome 106!!........ Craig-o 19 3,665 17-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Last Post: kingy