Radio 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radio 1
Since moyles left, I just dont like radio 1 anymore Sad

Moyles banter in the morning was just awesome, I know alot of people didnt like him but I did. Grimmy just isnt funny like moyles way, and I dont know if thats gonna get younger people to listen either.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That Grimshaw makes me want to stick nails into my eyes, cant stand him, i actually posted on radio 1's facebook page and twitter telling them how shite he is and got quite a few likes and comments.

He has the most irritating voice for a start and how he is a dj il never know its as if hes having a convo with his mate rather than the listeners.

The only way i listen to radio one is switching it on after that nobs show has finished

CJ
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Also can't stand grimmy. Moyles was ace to listen to. All his features were beast, carpark catchphrase was one on the best. I liked the golden hour on a Friday and mcflyday. I could go on.

If anyone should have taken the radio 1 breakfast spot it should have been Greg James. He's been at radio 1 for a few years now unlike grimmy who used to shadow Annie Mac at 10-midnight for about a year.

Needless to say I have my iPod on from when Dev finishes at 6.30 til Fearn at 10.

BRING BACK MOYLES!
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2012, 08:32 AM)306carter Wrote: Also can't stand grimmy. Moyles was ace to listen to. All his features were beast, carpark catchphrase was one on the best. I liked the golden hour on a Friday and mcflyday. I could go on.

If anyone should have taken the radio 1 breakfast spot it should have been Greg James. He's been at radio 1 for a few years now unlike grimmy who used to shadow Annie Mac at 10-midnight for about a year.

Needless to say I have my iPod on from when Dev finishes at 6.30 til Fearn at 10.

BRING BACK MOYLES!
Amen
Thanks given by:
Grimshaw 'Grimmy' is so f*cking irritating, the last thing I want to hear in the morning. I no longer listen to R1 in the mornings just the same as I wouldn't listen to Alan Carr or Graham Norton if they had a radio show.

He insists on playing One Erection all morning too, it's all that's ever playing! Seriously annoying.

And now onto a recorded interview from {enter random band member} of One Direction! Woo Yay!

Off.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Moyles was brilliant! I'm so sad he's not on in the mornings, the whole team and the banter was amazing! Especially the 'Call Me Baldy' song.....

I also can't stand Greg James doing the drive time show....Scott Mills and his Innuendo Bingo/24 Years at the Tap End were amazing!
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
Problem seems to be that all the DJs apart from mills are too scared to have an opinion, fearne cotton being the worst, she will never say a song is bad, probably because she's not allowed to.. I never listen anymore, used to have mills on on my way home from work, not listening to greg because he's pretty boring too.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Kiss FM is where its at. Wink
Thanks given by:
I never liked moyles, and these days I don't listen to radio much anyway. The only radio one ill listen to is Daniel p Carter's rock show and sometimes Zane Lowe. Otherwise, ill listen to my own music. Don't have to keep flicking when three station play the same song and the same time !
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2012, 09:29 AM)Kimmie Wrote: Moyles was brilliant! I'm so sad he's not on in the mornings, the whole team and the banter was amazing! Especially the 'Call Me Baldy' song.....

I also can't stand Greg James doing the drive time show....Scott Mills and his Innuendo Bingo/24 Years at the Tap End were amazing!

Greg is beast on drive time!

Inuendo bingo, 24years at the tap end and dear Scott is on at 1:45 everyday.

Maaan I listen to radio too much...
Thanks given by:
I agree, altho I did at times also find moyles annoying, but not grimmy is there, made moyles seem amazing!, total waste of time tuning into radio one before afternoon now..

I personally enjoy Greg James, and Scott's show, both very funny, and do enjoy some live lounge action at mid day!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2012, 10:09 AM)306carter Wrote:
(30-10-2012, 09:29 AM)Kimmie Wrote: Moyles was brilliant! I'm so sad he's not on in the mornings, the whole team and the banter was amazing! Especially the 'Call Me Baldy' song.....

It is, but I'm at work until after their show finishes....
[Image: kim.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2012, 10:59 AM)Kimmie Wrote:
(30-10-2012, 10:09 AM)306carter Wrote:

It is, but I'm at work until after their show finishes....

Podcast!!
Thanks given by:
i agree with every one here however i really dont like scott mills. was happy when they swapped with greg as hes also quite funny.

it was a massive mistake having moyles leave as he was such a strong character in the mornings. i cant see grimshaw staying as long as moyles did he just doesnt have the charisma.
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
Radio 1 has gone completely down hill! I was never a big fan of moyles but he was funny and his songs were awesome! Lol I hav the radio on nearly the whole day @ work as always in a car but now moyles has left I hav the local radio on as just can't stand that floppy haired tw*t n the big nostriled prick, ther taste in music is awful (not saying mines the best lol) n they just seem 2 b reading off of a script instead of using wat tiny brains they must have, sorry 4 the rant but glad I'm not the only 1 lol
Thanks given by:
i think we should write a letter of complaint to radio 1 from the oc haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I rarely get to listen to the radio nowadays as I'm mainly in the office (yawn), but I'm kind of glad. Grimshaw drives me insane, I agree with "how the f*ck did he get on radio?" sentiment. Only show on Radio 1 I actually enjoy is Greg James, I like his sense of humor
Thanks given by:
Since moyles left the breakfast show got shit, grimmy sucks balls. His Voice drones on me and his team is shit compared to chris's with dave and allad (sp) and the lasses....The only one's i like is Greg and zane...Never listen late enough for daniel p carter but he's decent.
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by:
Listened to Moyles since his drivetime days (old skool!) Was gutted when he left, Dont mind Grimshaw in small doses but his breakfast show is rubbish- Mills should have had it IMO. Thing is the management want R1 to appeal to the teenie brigade nowadays. At the risk of sounding old I listen the R2/Absolute most of the time at work these days.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
There is something that he did right, his chrisma when he was doing something, which if it was anyone else doing it, would seem lame. He puts a twist on it, like during carpark catchphrase. If grimmy was to do that it would just be forced humour, which people can see through but moyles was genuinly insulting/bantering people which is great radio.

I also find it odd, how alot of people like him here who are under 30, but they binned him because he wasnt bringing in enough people from the 15-29 range... I know lots of people who liked him!

I do wonder if anyone in that range who didnt listen to radio 1, now listens because of grimmy??

anyway rant/arselick over
Thanks given by:
I agree, Grimy is shite! I still listen to R1 in the mornings but only because if there's one thing I hate more than Grimy (enjoying the sound of his own screechy voice), is adverts on the radio!

I have to say Dave is right, they got rid of Moyles because the audience was "too old" but I think the only "new listeners" will be hoards of teenage girls listening for the constant drone of Wand Erection shite.

There is only one thing that makes sense about bringing Grimy on for the breakfast slot, when all the listeners f*ck off to other stations they will bring Greg James in and he will become the new "saviour", it's a fairly obvious thing for them to do and will probably see Grimy doing a couple of years just to make sure the listening figures plummet nicely.

Trust me, as soon as Moyles gets a show somewhere else, I shall be retuning my radio!

EDIT: Also, I miss classical class, certainly beats the Wand Erection shite.

EDIT 2: I also miss Jo Whiley, although she is on R2.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeh you're right, the listeners will most likely go down, and hopefully they will bring greg james in for the morning slot... which would be win, hes pretty good, albeit not as good as moyles Wink

You hit it bang on the head really there, listening to adverts is possibly the worst thing about listening to other stations... I only force radio 1 on now, due to the lack of adverts...
Thanks given by:
Tried listening to Kiss FM this morning, f*cking hell, what a load of shite! It's like Radio 1Xtra - ie Chav FM!

In other news my iPod extension lead turned up today, so that's tomorrow sorted!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
Radio1 is shit no matter if its that fat bastard Moyles or the new bender. Theres actually no decent radio on in the mornings now. Kiss is just a bunch of bell ends, I can't stand that faggot that replaced Jonny on capital. I normally just listen to kiss in the mornings now (and kistory....thats epic) and when their talking, just hold the car at 4500rpm so i cant hear them failing at being black.

/Srowell
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
You were listening at the wrong time Chris....try kiss at 11am....kisstory ftw! Big Grin.

Lol niall, Ricky and Melvin are black aren't they? And Charlie the Essex girl... Yeah I listen to the radio too much!

also, double kisstory on Friday was awesome....there needs to be a permanent kisstory channel!
Thanks given by:
BRING BACK MARK & LARD!!!!!!

I just listen to ¡Kerrang! Now radio1 is toss, even that bird on Saturday mornings just before screechy cox makes me wanna drive down there and unload a few rounds
But as said kerrang radio is my cuppa
Loz n Keith, Danielle perry, Kate lawyer and Johnny doom all play bostin alternative music, (if ur into that )
Thanks given by:
Kisstory is great and I do like to tune in. Maybe I can convince work to start at midday so I can listen to it as I drive in?!
Thanks given by:
(30-10-2012, 08:45 PM)Phil B Wrote: BRING BACK MARK & LARD!!!!!!

QFT! They made afternoons awesome.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
f*ck grimmey. He's shit, such a cock. No one wants to hear about his showbiz friends every 5seconds.
I don't even listen to radio 1 now they have f*cked everything about.
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
BRING BACK MOYLES!!
Thanks given by: