Manual Mirrors > Electric

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual Mirrors > Electric
As the title really, is this possible.

So far I have fitted the mirrors themselves, changed both door looms and now fitted a switch but as soon as I turn the ignition on it blows fuse 29??? If I put my normal switch (windows only) back on it is fine and the fuse doesnt blow.

Am I missing something? Do I need a relay somewhere, does the d turbo come with all the wiring needed?

Cheers
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Was the car originaly manual electric windows and have now fitted a auto window switch?
If so that's likely your issue
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As chris said, you have fitted the wrong window switch. You have put ab auto window in. You will need the on that dosnt have an "A" on the drivers window switch. My mrs ph2 xsi has this so would be your best bet for for finding one

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ah ha!!! Righto that will be it then, the switch I just bough from C2K is an auto one, doh!

Soooo... if I get the right switch will the mirrors work and yea the car was originally manual.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
It should do. I done the same thing when switch broke

Thanks given by:
(21-10-2012, 07:37 PM)puglove Wrote: It should do. I done the same thing when switch broke

Were yours originally manual ones? I bloody hope they work, took me bloody ages soldering up the door looms, ripping the doors apart cutting up my fingers and arms! lol

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
No my window switch failed completly. So i replaced it with am auto. But every time i touched it. Even the mirror adjuster it would blow the fuse.

I already had lecy mirrors but i replaced with a auto. But the OE one wasnt auto

Thanks given by:
Fair do's. I'll try get a replacement and go from there.

Cheers pal.

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
My ph2 98 dturbo came with manual mirrors and no wiring for leccy ones but I have changed the passenger side door for a ph3 door complete with loom for leccy mirrors but not the temperature sensor. Now I have a pair of ph3 full electric door looms to fit that include all the wires to go auto window on the drivers door. Just not going to bother messing till next year as I'm happy with the position of my mirrors anyway and replacing my heater matrix is more important this side of winter bah ha Sad
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fitting electric wing mirrors clarkey2010 2 1,055 10-10-2015, 09:27 PM
Last Post: clarkey2010
  Converting from manual to electric? Shea 11 3,640 12-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Last Post: londondan86
Question Electric mirrors . . Talk to me (voice of Terry Tibbs) Mattcheese31 9 3,283 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31