ebay dturbo 300,000!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ebay dturbo 300,000!!!
who would be happy to drive round in this without worrying what was going to brake next?

needs a new heart ill say...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/95-N-Peugeot-3...2576613bd2
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
I would be.. There's loads of life in it yet!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
XUD FTFW
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Got to be one of the highest to date?

I want it just to be able to say that my cars done that mileage!
Thanks given by:
Never know it could well be in better nick than one with sub 150k
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
realistically a little overpriced
Thanks given by:
Its a bit pricey but its white and 3 door so pretty desireable i'd say Wink

Edit: Dum-Dum got in there quick..
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
i agree the price seems pretty high! it would be worth that with half the milage i would of fort
Thanks given by:
XUDs will breeze 300k Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'd drive it
Thanks given by:
how has the head not melted yet?! lol

someone should offer them fack all for it and see how long it take to pop! Tongue

...and it looks well looked after tbf...
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Id defs drive that! The oil from the engine wouldve kept the rust off the whole underside anyway! Tongue S'what my old Dturbo used to do anyway!!

The ONLY thing that would worry me is the sunroof and any associated rot with that... And the C Pillars... Besides that theres literally nothing to go wrong that can't be easily replaced, and nothing I'd expect that I wouldn't have expected to happen on a car with less than half the miles on it!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 06:04 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Id defs drive that! The oil from the engine wouldve kept the rust off the whole underside anyway! Tongue S'what my old Dturbo used to do anyway!!

And still does :-)

And only ever topped up a Max of half a litre between the 3 changes in my ownership :-)
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'd drive that if it was a better price
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't drive that. More because of the age than the milage though!!

But then I do tend to worry about cars/reliablity a lot!!
Thanks given by:
Shut up! I didnt have you down as a worrier tom!
Thanks given by:
I like turtles.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 08:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wouldn't drive that. More because of the age than the milage though!!

Have you ever thought about a career in health and safety?
You seem to worry about more things than a health and safety bod!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
id drive that. not that hard to change the engine.
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 08:01 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I wouldn't drive that. More because of the age than the milage though!!

So you're concerned DT's aren't reliable.... and this one's done 300,000miles.

Yep, DEFINITELY unreliable these, only have to look at them and they break...
Thanks given by:
seen an old 406 XUD taxi with 400,000+ miles on it.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
That's not expensive, it's extortionate!
Again, I'd drive it if it was at the right price, looks pretty clean to be fair.
It's a 95 too so good chance of a Bosch!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Mines older than that Tom! And you saying you wouldn't drive any classic car?
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*ck the mileage, seen the price?!
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2012, 09:30 PM)Jonny b Wrote:

Mines older than that Tom! And you saying you wouldn't drive any classic car?

As a daily? Hell no!! One of my mates from school, his dad had a fleet of classic cars (it was a posh village where I was at school lol) including a sunbeam alpine and a classic ferrari........they spent more time in the garage than on the road lol!

But the thing is, that 306 isnt a classic car, its not been restored to it's former 'glory'...its just an old 306 thats covered a lot of miles!

(24-10-2012, 08:24 PM)Ed Doe Wrote:

So you're concerned DT's aren't reliable.... and this one's done 300,000miles.

Yep, DEFINITELY unreliable these, only have to look at them and they break...

And we've all seen much lower milage ones pop rods.... Honestly, how many 300k XUDs have you seen??

But as I said, age does worse things than milage! I wouldn't drive this either (even after I'd stopped lol'ing about the price Rolleyes ) http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motor.../109617824
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

And we've all seen much lower milage ones pop rods.... Honestly, how many 300k XUDs have you seen??
[/quote]

my old d-turbo bought it with 260k and sold it with 287k had it through last winter when it was realy cold had no issues atall. it is still going strong now i went to the other side of the country in it the mileage didnt even bother me one bit tbh.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 07:47 AM)aggyj17 Wrote: my old d-turbo bought it with 260k and sold it with 287k had it through last winter when it was realy cold had no issues atall. it is still going strong now i went to the other side of the country in it the mileage didnt even bother me one bit tbh.

Thats still not 300k... Wink

Obviously theres exceptions.........but in my case, any car I get WILL have a common fault after a few months.........so I have to try and find ones with less common faults to start with! lol

But again....its the age that puts me off. My silver golf (51 plate) had 140k on it, and was still in almost perfect condition underneath, as was the blue one (52 plate) with 136k. My 106 (S plate) had 114k, and the 306 (X plate) has only 108k, both of those were/are in so much worse condition underneath, rust everywhere, siezed parts, plugs held together with cables and tape, deteriorated rubber on hoses and stuff. On top they dont look too bad.....I was genuinely shocked looking underneath, especially the 106!! Speechless
Thanks given by:
Ahhh thats nothing . I rang up about a sigma dt. The ad said 870,000. Thought it must be a typo and its actually a low miller at 87,000 went to see it and it actually 870,000. Needles to say it had had several engines and the body was a wreck.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 07:58 AM)puglove Wrote: Ahhh thats nothing . I rang up about a sigma dt. The ad said 870,000. Thought it must be a typo and its actually a low miller at 87,000 went to see it and it actually 870,000. Needles to say it had had several engines and the body was a wreck.

Lol, we had a transit in Fords with something like 600k on it, several engines and gearboxes, and the drivers seat looked like someone had eaten half of it and the steering wheel was worn so much there were lumps hanging off it! lol

I went out in it on the test drive though.....and you could definietly tell it'd done mega milage, it was horrible! lmao
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2012, 07:37 AM)Toms306 Wrote: And we've all seen much lower milage ones pop rods.... Honestly, how many 300k XUDs have you seen??

I'm sorry Tom, I wasn't meaning to get in an argument over it, but very quickly;

How many mk4's have you seen with more than 150k on them?! bet not as many as Xuds that see twice that mileage if looked after..!

1. The reason you liked your VAG is the perception of quality & reliability.
2. The reason you don't see the XUD as reliable is because its 'french crap' as everyone brands them... Yes a few chucked rods from the factory, but those that haven't yet aren't likely to now. and in any case you're a damnsight less worse off than wrecking a hydraulic lifter on a vag... They're both engine write-offs, but the difference can be explained below!

There are bloody loads of XUDs still going strong for the two reasons they do go on forever if treated well (just like any car), and if they do go wrong they're so easy, and pretty cheap to fix. A whole engine costs about its own scrap value these days, and fitting it's probably a days' work even if you don't really know what you're doing!!

I bought mine on 68k back in the day. I stage 1'd it at about 78k, 11mm'd it on 86k, & finally sold it on 113k. It's still going strong on the same engine, IIRC it's on 140k or so now. Still on the 11mm head.

The ONLY thing I had to do in the 45,000miles of ownership that wasn't a result of me tuning the nuts off it was the long driveshaft. Everything else (I say everything, it was only really turbo replacements!!) was due to me tuning it too hard...
I lie. I did have to do a wishbone once. and when the brakes were knackered I bunged hdi calipers and discs on. But again that's ordinary car maintenance, I'd have put discs and pads on if I hadn't got the upgrade cheaper!

Honestly I can't think of another car that would do that...

Either way, I know I'm not going to change your mind by continuing the debate, so best to leave it!

Back on Topic!!!
Thanks given by: