Hello

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hey all

I'm Nadine, I'm new here, just purchased my 3rd pug 306. This time it's a black phase 2 GTI-6. Am I right in saying a black GTI-6 is rare? Anyways this is a project for me, it has a few things needing doing. And I will be asking for loads of help no doubt.
Here are some pics
[Image: F1726FFF-8A91-405D-8D3D-98203D794807-190...FB794C.jpg]
[Image: 68D62651-EA7C-4553-BE53-FCC599EC71C6-190...E48F33.jpg]
[Image: 7094EB95-A80F-4B0B-95E6-E58008D1C447-190...94C0EE.jpg]
[Image: C481E0BA-F39A-47D3-A659-3A20FFDADF7A-190...733098.jpg]
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Poor car had a hard life but plenty potential
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard Smile

'6 looks like it could do with some TLC but nothing too bad... It's not an overly rare colour but it's a good one nonetheless.
Thanks given by:
Engine seems to have been taken care of. How often should u do the timing belt on these? The guy had it done 10k miles ago, with receipts to prove
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Should be good for another 20k, although depends how long ago it was changed... But I can't imagine it was long ago if it's only done 10k
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the club Smile

They should have the cambelt changed every 36,000 miles, though most people seem to go with 30,000 who know the cars. Some people have been unfortunate enough to have the belt snap at less than 36,000 so it's definitely a good idea to keep on top of it. It's also advisable to change it every 3 years regardless of mileage.
Thanks given by:
The receipts show late 2010 so happy days I'm good for another little while Smile I'm about to post in other parts of the forum for idea on how to fix what's wrong with her Smile
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Looks shite mate. Needs a good clean and a good sort out but you knew this anyway. Plenty of peeps on here to help you out. Top bloke for getting a 6 though mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks Kingy. She only cost me £200 and most of the issues are cosmetic that I can sort. Em I'm more a top chick than a top bloke but I knew what u meant Smile
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
That's a bargain to be fair, nice one Smile. Stick a project thread up to show your progress.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Big Grin looks like you have a good project on your hands!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome, i like it. Its messy.
Thanks given by:
Welcome, looks to be a bit of a project! Where abouts in dunf you from? I used to live in glenrothes, not too far down the road Smile
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Welcome along. Looks like a right old dog you got there. looking forward to seeing her shine again

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
hello and welcome to the club ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Smile

Black and 3dr... That ticks my boxes! Sure it'll be alright when you've finished sorting it out. Smile
Thanks given by:
Hey Nadine, welcome along for the ride!

Spent a fair bit of time in Rosyth and Dumfs last year, not to mention the amount of money spent on ale. A good night out, Dumfermiline that is!

Good luck with your project.
[Image: 2306s.png]

The Old_______and_______Slight Less Old
Thanks given by:
Welcome Nadine Smile
Thanks given by:
Hey samass I live across the road from Sky in Dunfermline, practically Rosyth.
Pugluv, she is a bit rougher in the flesh Sad however went to pick her up today and she wouldn't star Sad I'm hoping its coz she had no fuel, going back Friday so will find out
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2012, 12:26 PM)Nadine Wrote: Pugluv, she is a bit rougher in the flesh Sad however went to pick her up today and she wouldn't star Sad I'm hoping its coz she had no fuel, going back Friday so will find out

Undecided fingers crossed for you!
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, I know where that is. I used to work for sky over in kirckaldy, call centre junk, hated it haha

Thanks given by:
Ahhh u worked for MGT. the good thing is I don't take calls Smile
Thanks dave1221 if she doesn't start I'll b back to the drawing board looking for another project
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
yep, spot on! was there a grand total of a month lol

so when you say she doesnt start, does she crank over but not fire?

Thanks given by:
Yeah cranks over but didn't fire. So either no fuel or no spark. He said it had sat for a few days, and that there was no petrol in it.
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
ah hopefully an easy fix then Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Welcome. Needs some loving.

Theres lots of knowledgeable and helpful people on here.
Thanks given by:
Yeah hopefully otherwise if it doesn't start, I'm not buying it lol. I need it to run to get it home x
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
poor thing deffo has had a hard life by the looks of it bit nothing a bit of tlc wont sort out welcome to the fourm btw alot of helpful people here and know what there talking about Smile
[Image: 306sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol not starting isnt a good selling point, but and theres alway a but, if you know some one who's handy with the spanners and can get it going again, its a good bargening point, offer them scrap value for it as it dosnt run Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
What is scrap value? I do know someone handy ill see if he can come with me Friday morning
Heart 306
Thanks given by: