Window blinds or tints?

Poll: Tints or admit defeat?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Buy window tints £130
60.00%
9 60.00%
Admit defeat. Window blinds £4.99
6.67%
1 6.67%
Neither. Put baby in the boot where there are no windows.
33.33%
5 33.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window blinds or tints?
Right, with little'uns arrival now imminent the Mrs reminded me of something whilst wondering around Mothercare at the weekend.

"We need blinds to keep the sun off of baby"

It's winter soon so er, no, no we don't.

But she raises a good point. I personally cannot stand stick-on window blinds. Nothing looks more shit. Leaves sticky sucker marks behind and they just look tacky.

Trouble is, they serve a purpose.

Do window tints do the same thing though, with regards to blocking UV rays? Whilst not looking like shit. It will also stop dirty peado's looking through the windows.

OK so I'm struggling to justify it, but a local company wants £130 to do the rear 3 windows. Is that expensive? I'm not going DIY as it always looks like crap and wrinkles up like a pensioners ballsack.

Opinions peoples.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
if you get good stuff that blocks uv, then it will. chances are if a pro place does it, itll be uv rated to some extent, varying on different tint levels and what not.

tints > blinds
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
£130 is about right. Tints on the rear windows make a car much cooler in the summer and less glare. Don't forget though, you can go 100% tint on the back but front, you can't really tint 306s. Ph3s are already tinted and your only allowed something like 20% on the fronts.

Oh and tints are good for security. Pretty much eliminate the smash and grab tactic but seeing as you can't really do the fronts, it doesn't really matter :p
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Didn't want anything on the front anyhow. Also concerned about how it will look? Will it look kind of 'van-like' with the rear windows blacked out?

Rear window will look cool as f*ck obviously.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Don't black it out. I'm getting mine done next month and will be getting a dark smoked tint. Probably about 50-60%
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2012, 12:44 PM)Niall Wrote: Oh and tints are good for security. Pretty much eliminate the smash and grab tactic but seeing as you can't really do the fronts, it doesn't really matter :p

I was gonna mention this myself, im sure you can have clear tint film applied to the front windows to give the security, but without reducing the amount of light it transmits.

If youve got the cash, id go with the tints tbh. It will look much nicer, and as Niall says, will also help keep the car cooler in the summer.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get tints, £130 isnt too bad i can get mine done for £130 but mine being a 5dr requires more film so maybe try haggle abit?
When i got a quote from Cappaccino tints via email i haggled the price down abit so just play them off against each other,

Oh and blinds suck
Thanks given by:
paid £90 for mine and was told they block out uv definatly worth doing as my daughter kept pulling the sticky ones off.
Thanks given by:
Well it's a tie at the moment... For the record I voted for put the baby in the boot. Money saver!
Thanks given by:
There was a good place we took Anna's Dturbo in Luton I would recommend, did £30 a window I think..

Forget the name though..which doesn't help lol
Thanks given by:
Do it yourself, 3dr rear windows are pies easy to take out
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Most decent tinting film will block 99% of uv rays.

All you need to do is decide how dark you wanna go...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
if you've got the money then tints, but as a quick saver just for time being theres nothing gonna harm having blinds for a little while ThumbsUp
306 HDi Dturbo- China Blue

Thanks given by: