XUD stage one oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD stage one oil
Going to give the car a quick service as might be taking it to cornwall so thought best do it.

I looked on halfrauds and they say 15w40 part synthetic which i have some from my old 1.4 in the shed, will this be ok to use. its boosting about 18psi at the moment.
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They recommend 10w40 but pretty sure the xud would be fine on anything!
Thanks given by:
Sounds fine to me, it's only fully synthetic that dt's don't like iirc.. i know a few members had issues with them leaking everywhere afterwards
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2012, 04:01 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Sounds fine to me, it's only fully synthetic that dt's don't like iirc.. i know a few members had issues with them leaking everywhere afterwards

Don't worry about it bud. These XUDs are pretty unfussy when it comes to oil. I put in Castrol standard oil about 2 years ago and it's still going like a trooper. Although I do very low mileage. I'm probably just coming up to 6k right now.
Thanks given by:
use 10w40 if you can mate, especially since winter is coming . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Sounds good then, was just thinking of using the 15w40 part syn as i got about 10ltrs of it which im not going to use on anything else. Might have some 10w40 somewhere though will dig through the oil cabinet
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2012, 04:54 PM)Fozzy Wrote: Sounds good then, was just thinking of using the 15w40 part syn as i got about 10ltrs of it which im not going to use on anything else. Might have some 10w40 somewhere though will dig through the oil cabinet

Stick it in the tank ninja
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2012, 06:50 PM)Sambarker Wrote:
(20-10-2012, 04:54 PM)Fozzy Wrote: Sounds good then, was just thinking of using the 15w40 part syn as i got about 10ltrs of it which im not going to use on anything else. Might have some 10w40 somewhere though will dig through the oil cabinet

Stick it in the tank ninja

Haha this would actually work. On my old 405 TD I dropped the oil....then poured it in the tank to see what would happen. Gobbled it like champ....possibly more mid-range torque than diesel!
Thanks given by:
I use fully synthetic 5w40 as recommended by opie-oils, i always tend to use a good brand also, as ive got a big blower so want to minimise risk of failure lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2012, 09:15 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: I use fully synthetic 5w40 as recommended by opie-oils, i always tend to use a good brand also, as ive got a big blower so want to minimise risk of failure lol

Amen.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Its running a lucas i doubt it will enjoy running on oil haha. Think i will just stick in the 15w40 unless i find some 10w40, then service it properly early next year
Thanks given by:
It'll be fine mate, can't imagine it making a huge amount of difference
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage 1/stage 2 whats the difference? general tuning questions midge 5 2,775 19-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard