Power steering running pressure

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power steering running pressure
Does anyone know what is the operating pressure for power steering system?

When changed my engine i changed to a non-aircon setup and power steering pump is down the bottom now so need some pipe to join pump with reservoir. size is 5/8ths.

Water hose was used but it's been sweating for better way of putting it and causing random power steering issuesDoh

Or thinking about it if i got fuel / oil hose would that be fine? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271028508104?s...1423.l2649

lol answered my own question found this mocal hose http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOCAL-100R6-10...232390c9a4
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Couple of hundred psi, but it can peak in the thousands if you hit a kerb or pothole at speed...
Thanks given by:
this is why i dont have power steering atm hose scraped on floor an previous owner thought a piece of copper and jubilee clips would hold ....NOTT lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thank you Ripp i thought as much but wanted a second opinion. Also i been meaning to pm you lol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOCAL-100R6-10...232390c9a4 CJ that should do the trick waiting for mine to turn up can let you know if it does or not?
Thanks given by:
just changed pipe over to the ebay one i got. at idle was alot better and no random issues. can reply on weekend to let you know if this one is fine give it a few days and all that
Thanks given by:
that pipe i got is adequate for the high pressure side too according to what i've read. I've got it on the low pressure side so it's overkill lol
Thanks given by:
(19-10-2012, 11:55 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: this is why i dont have power steering atm hose scraped on floor an previous owner thought a piece of copper and jubilee clips would hold ....NOTT lol
Steering heavy? or not too bad?
im thinking of takin mine off
Thanks given by:
306 power steering is perfect not too light when driving but enough so parking doesn't drain. drive a rover and compare the power steering you'll get what i mean.

why would you want yours off?
Thanks given by:
Because it's better without it.
Thanks given by:
I guess for some it will be swings and roundabouts and all that
Thanks given by:
More steering feedback and less slack in the steering before anything happens, what's not to like?
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 10:13 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: More steering feedback and less slack in the steering before anything happens, what's not to like?

Daily driving the car with no PAS, thats whats not to like....some people do have more than just handling on there mind lol...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
that's why i said swings and roundabouts. as a daily driver power steering is a must but for a track day weapon it makes sense to not have it there so you can feel all
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2012, 10:18 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Daily driving the car with no PAS, thats whats not to like....some people do have more than just handling on there mind lol...

Meh, bunch 'o fairies.
Thanks given by:
Meh we arnt a bunch of fairies, tbh I have no interest in much other than having fun, but genuinly find it annoying not having the PAS, just makes car a better car imo....Steerings pretty sharp in these with decent suspention / smaller steering wheel anyways ....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
There's still a dead spot though.
Thanks given by:
PAS on these sucks testicals IMO
Thanks given by:
yea ripp there is a deadspot but most PAS systems have one just on the 306 it's not as pronounced IMO.

And Pugmarshall swings and roundabouts lol for me a daily driver has to have PAS, electric windows, central locking and heaters and a bit of fun when needed but for some people they want different
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power Steering Pump, All The Same? bigcheez2k3 14 4,214 20-11-2020, 11:28 AM
Last Post: vento85
  Power steering rack.....replacement options Jellomanpie 9 3,545 30-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Power Sterering Ram/ Steering damper pugfrank 6 3,147 08-11-2019, 01:47 PM
Last Post: pugfrank