3door seats into a 5 door...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3door seats into a 5 door...
Okay, so i thought it would just be the rear seats that wouldnt fit into a 5door...

It would appear the fronts dont either...

whats the best way/how have people done it previously? Is it just a case of taking the old seats off the rails, lining the new ones up and drilling thruogh the 3 door seat holes into the 5 door subframes and bolt it up?

cheers!
Thanks given by:
I sorted them on mine; you just need to change the subframes over... i seem to remember cutting up a rod to disconnect the slider used to slide the door forward to get passnegers in the rear...

And the backs will fit
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Backsfit on the standard on the 5 door mounts do they... Cool...

So i just need 3 door subframes? ... Cool
Thanks given by:
yeh; as far as i was aware; i got a set of 3 door half leather's from a phase 3 and had a straight fit into my phase 1

and yeh, as for the fronts, i just swapped and chopped parts.... trying to think.... ermm there's half the sub frame (side closest to the handbrake) which was swapped... it makes sense when you see it. It basically uses half of each subframe to fit..
Thanks given by:
The back rests of the rears wont fit. The botton is on the top of the seat in a 3 dr where as its a leaver attached to the car on a 5door. You will need to take the padding and the fabric off the 3 door seats and put them on the frams of the 5 door seats. Thats what i had to do anyway. But vice versa

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
^^^^^ this also; they fit, but don't "click in"
It's not an MOT fail and just leaves your rear seats with about half an inch gap where it should clip; i just used to keep the seatbelts done up; kept it solid..
Thanks given by:
When I put 3dr seats into my 5 dr it left the front seats sitting maybe an inch higher, doesn't sound like a lot but it is!

I ended up stripping the seats down to there frame and rebuiling the 5dr seats but with the 3dr cloth. Bit more work but I prefer the 5dr reclining mechanism so it was worth it.
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
(17-10-2012, 01:20 PM)Harky Wrote: When I put 3dr seats into my 5 dr it left the front seats sitting maybe an inch higher, doesn't sound like a lot but it is!

I ended up stripping the seats down to there frame and rebuiling the 5dr seats but with the 3dr cloth. Bit more work but I prefer the 5dr reclining mechanism so it was worth it.

As harky has said. This is the tudyest/best fitting option. Just be aware that frames and pad/foam vairy between phases.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Im keeping the seats...theyre ph1 '6seats! Ill just get 3 door sub frames...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Comfiest seats that fit in a 5 door? JTaylor2005 9 1,783 15-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Last Post: welshpug
  Gti rear seats to 5 door bench dr_jekyll 6 1,644 03-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Last Post: dr_jekyll
  3 door seats in an estate daver1989 2 1,030 24-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard