bled brakes only on 3 wheels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bled brakes only on 3 wheels
Hello all,

Is it ok if I could not bleed one wheel's brakes (front passenger seat - last in the bleeding sequence) ?

I could not remove (over-rusted safety lock) wheel, and thus could not mount a wrench 11mm socket on the (over-rusted) bleeding nipple (no chance to open up with spanner), which was even missing a dust cap -- explanation: Peugeot 306 D year 1995 Smile

Cheers,
sledge
Peugeot 306 D year 1995 Smile
Thanks given by:
if there is the possibility that there is air in the system it needs to be bled! otherwise you will go to hit the brakes and the car will snatch to the right...

i snapped a bleed nipple off on my old 106 and i bled it using the brake hose itself but i was using a machine and not having to pump the brakes so not sure if it will work...
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 10:02 AM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: if there is the possibility that there is air in the system it needs to be bled! otherwise you will go to hit the brakes and the car will snatch to the right...
We did the test drive, also on long distances/speeds on motorway - all is braking just fine, and braking power did increase.

I used Gunson Eezibleed pressure-method (from spare tyre), so the air didn't get in. Thank you for the tip!

I'm just worried the old fluid mixing with new, and the amount of rust/particles that I saw while bleeding other brakes (especially left-hand-side rear!) - that could still remain in the system. When I will eventually remove the wheel (at tyres' shop), will try to re-bleed the remaining wheel, hope I will not have to re-bleed the whole system again.

Quote:i snapped a bleed nipple off on my old 106 and i bled it using the brake hose itself but i was using a machine and not having to pump the brakes so not sure if it will work...

How did you reseal the snapped nipple?

Cheers,
sledge
Thanks given by:
would it not be easier to get hold of another caliper with a usable nipple?

the head just snapped off when i went to crack it off! no fluid came out surprisingly!
Stealth 3door Dturbo - In progress
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak...6076_n.jpg
Thanks given by:
Can't you get a ring spanner on it?
Thanks given by:
Getting another caliper? I believe I could get the nipple off with a socket wrench, after I'll remove the wheel (eventually it has to come off anyway, allowing access to any other disasters striking it in the future, touch wood)

(15-10-2012, 11:20 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: Can't you get a ring spanner on it?

That's another option, sadly the Halford's (expensive!) pro spanner/socket set has only 10mm and then 12mm ring spanners :{

Socket wrench would still be more secure I believe, as it embraces the whole nut and is slightly tighter (I used Bosch set).
I get a feeling that a 11mm ring spanner, (which would be loose due to rusts having eaten off the nut) would still start to bite into the hexagon due to the spanner also being thin...

Darn the rusty nuts Big Grin WD40 looked helpless either

Cheers,
sledge
Thanks given by:
Brake pipe spanner then.
Thanks given by:
(15-10-2012, 11:01 AM)JackLewis_Dturbo Wrote: would it not be easier to get hold of another caliper with a usable nipple?
I might need this now, because:

Quote:the head just snapped off when i went to crack it off! no fluid came out surprisingly!
Tell me about it: [Image: 12100627.jpg]:(
I probably should have chiseled the rusted nipple shaft first, then WD40, then wait, then chisel more, before just snapping like that.. Eh, experience..!

Now either a brake caliper replacement, or drill the nipple remainder out and put a new one in..
The car brakes way better after bleeding BTW, even when one (this) wheel left unbled.

One another thing I noticed (a mechanic) has cut off the wire coming out from brake pads - why?:
[Image: 12100628.jpg]

Thanks fellows,
Thanks given by:
Damn this seems to be common atm, mine snapped the same on Thursday!

I'm still unsure whether to just swap calipers tbh.
Thanks given by:
Yea. I snapped one too a few weeks back, just changed the caliper.

The wire is just a brake pad sensor so don't worry about it.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(21-10-2012, 04:48 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Yea. I snapped one too a few weeks back, just changed the caliper.

The wire is just a brake pad sensor so don't worry about it.
Thank you fellows! I let it be, no fuss; because I bled other 3 wheels, so both circuits are surely bled at least once, I'm sure prev owners did the same, when gave up on undoing nipples.

Cheers,
sledge
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smallest wheels to fit dturbo brakes ginge191 12 3,182 26-09-2016, 05:38 AM
Last Post: ginge191
  266mm brakes under volcane wheels Chris_90 6 1,580 29-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Last Post: welshpug