darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:reported it too just to push it along

not really i big deal tbh lol lol

its changed now anyway!!

everyone cant get enough of this legendary 306 haha
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
I was at college a couple of months back talking to some lad with a 106, and I mentioned I had a Dturbo, then he described your car and said it was his cousins and was 250bhp lol needless to say I shown him your website and proved him wrong...
Thanks given by:
pugtk Wrote:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:reported it too just to push it along

not really i big deal tbh lol lol

its changed now anyway!!

Crikey, jealous are we?! lol
Thanks given by:
Dan! Wrote:reported it too just to push it along

not really i big deal tbh

its changed now anyway!!

Crikey, jealous are we?!

:clap: :clap:

Only slighty.. lol lol

haha converted to to vage now...boring and reliable

looking forward to see this m-di project develop
remember some other memeber on an other 306 forum mention this and getting ass rapped lol lol
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
YES!!!! Just seen this well looking forward to seeing this on the road nice work buddy
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
you got any updates on this darren Smile
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Not at the moment, had a huge tax bill from the old taxman the other day, which has delayed any progress for a while as I need to have money to pay machine shop to hone out the block / balance it all up etc, and for new rings and bearings.

Still driving it daily on the stock motor though, but nothing to intresting to report im afraid! Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Not at the moment, had a huge tax bill from the old taxman the other day, which has delayed any progress for a while as I need to have money to pay machine shop to hone out the block / balance it all up etc, and for new rings and bearings.

Still driving it daily on the stock motor though, but nothing to intresting to report im afraid! Sad

a nice bill from that tax man ouch at this time of year aswell bet thats left a nice hole in your pocket
what bhp you going for on the new engine ?
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Balls man, couold you not get the tax back on last years engine builds? claim theyre for the john deere :whistling:

Hope you can start progress again soon
Thanks given by:
Not really an update, but am hoping to drop the block up to the machinests ( getting on first name terms these days!) to get it honed / balanced etcetc, so once I get that back, ill be able to get the basic engine built up, but then ill be waiting for some money to sort out other aspects of it.

Was hoping to have a motor put together for Feb, but thats not going to happen anymore, oh well all in good time!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Gotta have it ready for FCS show again one of the main attractions Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Hm dont think that will happen tbh, on a more positive note, the max fuel screw on the lucas may have had a tweaking last night!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Can't wai to see this! Going to be a beast!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Hm dont think that will happen tbh, on a more positive note, the max fuel screw on the lucas may have had a tweaking last night!

PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES MANNNNN, WOOOOOO!!!! :banana-dance: :music-rockout:

ninja lmao
Thanks given by:
Spent today building up a new head for it, engines original head sadly has trashed bearings / cams due to poor previous oil maintenance, so decided it was pretty much only good for spares, but managed to get a fair bit of money back from the seller, so bought another bare cast and build it back up today, haven't been able to finish as im still waiting on some seals, and a new chain / tensioner kit to turn up, but got it all cleaned up / ready to finish putting back together anyway.

Infact not sure if ive mentioned it before, but yes, its a valver mtdi!

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

[Image: 4.jpg]

Still hoping to get block to machinist for machining next week time allowing!

Darren
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Scrolled down and saw the pics, and thought WTF thats not an XUD head..... :think: Then I remembered lol Looks good though, exciting stuff already! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
16 valves ftw
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Very sexy looking! Especially compared to an XUD!
Thanks given by:
Didn't know you were using the 16v engine for this, even more interested now lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Delivery from the US finally turned up today, bought them a few months ago but had some issues with customs!

Got some gauges to replace the ones in the dash (autocrap) with matching IISPRO ones (same as boost gauges)...much higher quality, 100% accurate and don't light half the car up / look chavtastic when turning your lights on!

[Image: Gauges.jpg]
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
:romance-hearteyes: fapping awesome! Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Which 16v engine is that head off? the 2.2 or the 2.0?

Just thinking for the HDi guys as the 2.2 runs Bosch and the injectors would most likely be compatible where as the 2.0 is Siemens managed.

Epic project though.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As above, and are you using the 2.0 HDi 90 block, or the block that fits the head, or something else?

Been thinking about a 16v head for my own project for a while now, would be useful to know for reference.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Call be stupid but id be stumped trying to work out what my oil temp is doing if it was in Degrees F!
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats the general biggest flaw with american stuff...

But when your a member on the cummins / superturbodiesel forums etc, which are populated by 99.9% americans, you almost become more used to there units than our own....besides, once you know the temp it should be sat at, its instantly obvious if something has gone tits!

Its a 2.0 16v head on a dw10 with 16v pistons, there identical blocks. The 2.2 is DW12 and different, but my shiny set of rods wouldnt fit in that, so thats a no go, and who wants stroke when you have rpms Wink
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
That is a fair point! Should look really good when its all dont now. Will you still have the crazy fuel pump pressure gauge? And the LDA light?
Thanks given by:
That's exactly what i wanted to hear, cheers bud. :dance:
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yes still got passenger viewed internal pump pressure, that's one of the most important tuning gauges, might have to dash mount it though, as no longer got Ruan to monitor it Sad

Lol and no might rip the lda light off and replace it with that it was orignally going to be, a small LED in the dash!, as I also need led's to indicate some other things (bypass valves etc), but tricky to know how to put them without it looking tragic...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
darrenjlobb Wrote:Its a 2.0 16v head on a dw10 with 16v pistons, there identical blocks.

I wanted to build an engine to that spec 18 months ago.
Thanks given by:
To be fair mate id just lash up some lights so they are really obvious until you know that everything is working correctly, and then once its all set up put them in a more discrete location. Ie a panel with LDA, valves etc on. Should like tidy then!

Ruan already moved then?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 12,892 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,456 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 187,560 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009