• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
roll over page post damn u!!!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Break it....Dibs on Supercharger
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2013, 09:00 PM)ezb Wrote: Break it....Dibs on Supercharger

I'm sure the supercharger was sacked off a while back.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
shame, take a break from the car darren, you have spent some time and money on the new build, if i was you id be wanting to see my moneys worth,
Thanks given by:
It's hardly been touched since FCS Procta as far as I'm aware, well apart from the engine getting ripped out.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2013, 09:00 PM)ezb Wrote: Break it....Dibs on Supercharger

Lol, you're a bit eager to see this broken!?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
No one wants to see this broken, but if this dies Darren will only build something equally as crazy!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Don't break her Sad
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2013, 09:47 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: It's hardly been touched since FCS Procta as far as I'm aware, well apart from the engine getting ripped out.

never knew that max, sometimes you come to a stand still with cars, then you start off again.
Thanks given by:
i'm sure if you were going to break it you'd would have a substantial amount of members down your shed beating you to finish it (i would anyways) or offering you money for parts.

might as well finish it off/stick it back together IMHO. even if it isn't at full potential...not many people can say they have built a CHRONICALLY boosted 306

your decision at the end of the day.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2013, 04:50 PM)mr_fish Wrote: i'm sure if you were going to break it you'd would have a substantial amount of members down your shed beating you to finish it (i would anyways) or offering you money for parts.

might as well finish it off/stick it back together IMHO. even if it isn't at full potential...not many people can say they have built a CHRONICALLY boosted 306

your decision at the end of the day.

His man talks sense!!
Thanks given by:
Would be a shame to sell it dude
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2012, 12:54 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Tbh ive been thinking about getting rid of the car for along time, full of dents / paints fooked, and its just got boring really. Only thing that ive been holding into thought of it possibly keeping motor and dropping it in an old 505 gti or something retro win, but then i just think, if im buying a 505, id want to drop a 6 pot in it, so that then means the engine is pointless also.

I guess building a v6 mtdi has just made me realise even more the love for the 6 banger, and dropping two pots just hurts to much!

Ive not decided totally yet, as I had huge plans for this over next 12 months, and some of them id already started work on, so not sure at the moment, but the engine could easily be put back together as it was and be a totally reliable smoke free 200hp motor for something / someone.
Bit of advice DONT sell anything for a long while! Since my 3-0 Ive had various cars, 230bhp cdi, 525tds tuned a bit, toledos tuned slightly, have audi with mapped 130pd, had civic coupe was gona turbo but....., even have a wee b16a sir delsol atm. Nothing has been the same to the point I cant get the energy or the will to go out and work at them, the honda needs a brake caliper for mot and its been lying months ffs :/
Selling the 306 for me was pointless and stupid as I didnt need the money or the space, if I still had it would be rebuilt and resprayed this year I miss it so bad nothing has been as much fun to tune or drive since.
Edit hmm typing that out has also made me realise in the last 2 years Ive owned and got rid of more cars than in my whole life looking for a replacement for the 306, had a 405 for 2 years then the 306 for 5 years previous lols
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2013, 11:59 AM)con67 Wrote:
(30-12-2012, 12:54 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Tbh ive been thinking about getting rid of the car for along time, full of dents / paints fooked, and its just got boring really. Only thing that ive been holding into thought of it possibly keeping motor and dropping it in an old 505 gti or something retro win, but then i just think, if im buying a 505, id want to drop a 6 pot in it, so that then means the engine is pointless also.

I guess building a v6 mtdi has just made me realise even more the love for the 6 banger, and dropping two pots just hurts to much!

Ive not decided totally yet, as I had huge plans for this over next 12 months, and some of them id already started work on, so not sure at the moment, but the engine could easily be put back together as it was and be a totally reliable smoke free 200hp motor for something / someone.
Bit of advice DONT sell anything for a long while! Since my 3-0 Ive had various cars, 230bhp cdi, 525tds tuned a bit, toledos tuned slightly, have audi with mapped 130pd, had civic coupe was gona turbo but....., even have a wee b16a sir delsol atm. Nothing has been the same to the point I cant get the energy or the will to go out and work at them, the honda needs a brake caliper for mot and its been lying months ffs :/
Selling the 306 for me was pointless and stupid as I didnt need the money or the space, if I still had it would be rebuilt and resprayed this year I miss it so bad nothing has been as much fun to tune or drive since.
Edit hmm typing that out has also made me realise in the last 2 years Ive owned and got rid of more cars than in my whole life looking for a replacement for the 306, had a 405 for 2 years then the 306 for 5 years previous lols

Im with con here, just leave it for a while before you start to do anything with it. It could rekindle your love for it, and make you realise that your mere 200hp current OEM engine could become much much more epic now you have the potential for twice the current boost, and with future possibilities of more fuel.. You will come up with problems with all cars, and it seems like your 80% of the way to overcoming all of the problems to completely unleash it. But the little bit of extra willpower and enthusiasm might come later on - once youve pissed about with mrs grunty vag,ina lazy 6pot.

Remeber whatever you do with any car, your not gonna be able to bump the power to 4x its original spec - but you have almost everything covered for your current setup.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Woa! Just read this, don't sell or break it bud, you have got so close! As others have said just step back from it for a while and one day you will have some time spar and think to yourself, "hmmm, I might finish the 306" ad then that will be it you will have been bitten once again and turbos will be bolted everywhere!!!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
What's happening with this now Darren?
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
Nothing sadly, brakes have rusted up so solid the wheels are dragging when i towed it across the yard with tractor other day as it was in the way! Engines just in bits in bottom half the workshop and rest of the car has been used for parts on other peoples cars etc, its really looking rather sorry for itself!
Just havent had the time to do anything with it / totally decided what to do with it, but its not looking to good now! Sad
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
get a 205 shell!!
Thanks given by:
Poor old derv bus surely can't be time to kill her one more fcs? Big Grin
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
Mate you can't break her. This car is an icon man! Every time I see it it reminds me of the old days of the derv mafia Tongue I've always had a lot of love for your car! Be such a shame to break! Sad
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Don't give up with this!

You will fall back in love with it sooner or later!
Thanks given by:
black ph1s d turbos will be getting rare now! get on the job bayyy (after you lend a hand with mine) Tongue
Thanks given by:
Need a 'fund Darrens twin charged' thread!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2013, 07:56 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Mate you can't break her. This car is an icon man! Every time I see it it reminds me of the old days of the derv mafia Tongue I've always had a lot of love for your car! Be such a shame to break! Sad

Buy it then, you know ur farting around with a lost cause really Tongue wont be long before petrols are diesels anyway with direct injection...then all you petrol boys will be driving diesels running on petrol...iconic?!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
What? This is the best project ever! D:
Thanks given by:
Bumping this because its still full of win in my head.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(28-02-2013, 04:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: Need a 'fund Darrens twin charged' thread!

Yeh..

Whatever happened to this project? I know he stopped, but what about the car?
Thanks given by:
(16-04-2013, 10:48 AM)RePT Wrote:
(28-02-2013, 04:12 PM)Piggy Wrote: Need a 'fund Darrens twin charged' thread!

Yeh..

Whatever happened to this project? I know he stopped, but what about the car?

He will break it or sell it complete. I think there's a thread in the couch...
Thanks given by:
Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It looks like the engine sale has fallen through also, so still trying to find someone to buy it Sad I really really need the money right now, someone must want it surely? Its got more potential than any diesel in a pug ive ever had my hands on, i promise.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 12,892 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,456 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 187,565 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009