Surely this isn't right *rant*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surely this isn't right *rant*
I bought a Sony tablet online from the Sony website for £329 and paid £8 for next working day pre 12pm delivery...

Made the payment and it went through fine. I received an email to say it's been processed fine, I then got another email an hour later to say it's been cancelled...

I called them up and they said it hasn't been cancelled and there having a problem with their system, it's just automated email sent out and I should still receive the item in the morning...

Came home from work today no delivery or note so I call them up again, and they said that the order HAD been cancelled and that they will refund the money in 5-7 working days, then once the money is cleared then I can reorder...

I'm fuming at the service and the fact they lied... I'm £337 down and no product to show of it... Grrr!!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
they were probably shocked that someone actually bought one and didnt know what to do
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2012, 06:17 PM)Niall Wrote: they were probably shocked that someone actually bought one and didnt know what to do

Lol you tit!!

Cant wait to get it when I eventually do lol

Thanks given by:
your not £337 down though though are you, your just waiting for the refund to come through.

Good things come to those who wait.
Thanks given by:
If i was you i would write a nice lil letter to sony with all the details telling them ur very disapointed with there service and see what you get back from them Smile

If they had the payment instant you should recieve it back instant.

Thanks given by:
You should argue with them more, get a reason for it. Hate it when you get messed around and they then hold your money... I recommend strongly airing your annoyance and see if they'll get it sent or offer you some sort of discount, as it's clearly their f*ck up
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you bought it from comet not Sony :L
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2012, 06:34 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: your not £337 down though though are you, your just waiting for the refund to come through.

Good things come to those who wait.

Erm, yes he is?!

He's £337 down until the refund comes thru. The refund should be instantaneous - there's no excuse for it, why should be have to wait for his money back?

Can you send me £337 Please?

You can have it back in a week.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Post up a rant on their Facebook page. These companies hate people publicly airing issues
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
^^^^^^ THIS

Thanks given by:
I work in the call center for comet and its the same there.

We use a delivery firm called yodel... Some may be familiar... But if yodel or comet f*ck up and the customer wants a refund it takes 3 - 5 working days to go back. Or worse we as a company have to receive the item back even if the item has been confirmed to be in the couriers possession and never delivered or even attempted or stuck at their warehouse. It annoys people as the money goes out instantaneously but takes an age to go back. They won't do shit I expect buddy.

I get it everyday... So if it makes you feel better call me and I'll give you the call centre experience Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm one of these people that try to buy things direct from the manufacturers to that they get the most margin, Its just another company that are quite happy to take your money but when it comes to getting it back just take the piss.

(26-09-2012, 06:52 PM)Andy Wrote: I work in the call center for comet and its the same there.

We use a delivery firm called yodel... Some may be familiar... But if yodel or comet f*ck up and the customer wants a refund it takes 3 - 5 working days to go back. Or worse we as a company have to receive the item back even if the item has been confirmed to be in the couriers possession and never delivered or even attempted or stuck at their warehouse. It annoys people as the money goes out instantaneously but takes an age to go back. They won't do shit I expect buddy.

I get it everyday... So if it makes you feel better call me and I'll give you the call centre experience Big Grin

Poor you!! I tend not to moan at the people on the phone because its not their fault its always down to management lol!

dont suppose comet have it yet? Tongue

Thanks given by:
(26-09-2012, 06:52 PM)Andy Wrote: I work in the call center for comet and its the same there.

Yodel - AKA Home Delivery Network Limited, also own DHL.
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
Got an email last night asking if I would like to reorder my tablet and send me a link to the payment screen... So I rang them up again to ask to speak to the complaints department, after I said this they have now reserved one at my local Sony centre for 28 days and offered me £40 off the dock I wanted and throwing me a free case as well...

WIN!!!

Thanks given by:
Complain more and get more.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
yeh good stuff. Its very silly that they cant refund instantly but I guess thats the problem with having so many companies linked together in a supply chain.
Thanks given by:
Find the company on this website. Get the CEO's email address and complain direct. I can guarantee you will get a reply within 24hrs. They normally pass it on to thir PA's but gets sorted super quick.

http://www.ceoemail.com/
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2012, 06:09 PM)306carter Wrote: Find the company on this website. Get the CEO's email address and complain direct. I can guarantee you will get a reply within 24hrs. They normally pass it on to thir PA's but gets sorted super quick.

http://www.ceoemail.com/

LAD! REPPED!!

This is what i put in the email Smile

"Hello Chris,

The reason for this email is that I want to express my disappointment from the lack of customer service I have received when trying to purchase a Sony Xperia Tablet S online on the 25th September.

I ordered the tablet around lunchtime for next working day and the transaction was flawlessly quick. I received my email explaining that the order had been confirmed and that another will be sent to say when it will be dispatched. I the received another email an hour later that stated that the order had been cancelled due to security problems. So I have to the customer service team a call, who explained that there is some system problems and that my order is still being processed and I have nothing to worry about.

I waited until yesterday night, having had no communication on the situation of my order. I called up customer service again, I was told that the order HAD been cancelled and that I would need to reorder it again. I was automatically transferred to the ordering team and explained that the order will be refunded in around 5-7 days. The payment was taken and i am expected the pay again if i want to receive it as soon as possible. This was going to be a gift for my sister for her 30th birthday this weekend, which means I cannot get her gift on time.

I have been a Sony customer for 7 years now with purchases ranging from four mobile handsets, one tablet, two playstation 3's, a Vaio laptop and a TV. I also am a Sony Ambassador within Phones4u promoting your devices to customers.

To resolve the problem, I have called my local Sony Centre which is in the Highcross Shopping Centre, Leicester and the Sales person there called Jo was very helpful and has reserved one for me, is even ordering and reserving me a dock ready for collection at a date suitable for me. The service I have received in store was brilliant and wished the online team was the same.

Why was there so many complications in my order, you were happy to take the payment and are delaying the refund until after the gift is needed?

What can I do to speed up the process of my refund so I can finally get my purchase?

Will look forward to your reply,

Many Thanks,

Kyle Oldfield"

Thanks given by:
Did you get a reply?
Thanks given by:
yeah I did...

"Dear Mr Oldfield

I wish to confirm receipt of your e-mail below addressed to Mr Bowen.

I am writing to confirm that I will personally ask the Customer Service Manager responsible for Sony Direct to investigate the situation and reply to you as quickly as possible.

I would like to offer our apologies for any inconvenience that this causes you and thank you for your continued patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely"

... That was on Sunday, still no reply so I sent 3 Emails today and im going to keep doing it unless it gets resolved..

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Down Advertised for 5 door but surely fits 3 as well? Orta 8 1,273 26-07-2016, 11:03 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum