bosch

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bosch
Wink 
right ive bought a bosch pump it comes with;
the fuel lines, the injectors, spill off pipes and a boost gauge is there anything else that im going to need to swap these over and how hard is it going to be?
Thanks given by:
If it doesn't come with a Bosch bracket then you will need to use the Lucas bracket and move the studs into the other position. Also, you might want some new fuel line 3/8 ID because the fuel in on a Lucas is on the right, but on a Bosch it is on the left so the pipe might not be long enough. New leak off pipes would be good aswel if the ones coming with other are used. Used ones never seem to seal very well once they have been removed.
Thanks given by:
he said it comes with fuel pipes will they be ok?
where can i get new leak off pipes?
after all that is it just a case of taking the one off and putting all the new stuff back on?
sorry for all the questions but its all new to me lol
Thanks given by:
+ pulley and woodruff key
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Whats a woodruff key?
And what pully
Thanks given by:
a woodruff key is a little semi circle that locates on the pumps arm that makes the pulley only go on the proper way
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks.
You can get these off ebay?
Thanks given by:
yeah or be a pikey and nick one next time your at a scrappy haha
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
Good shout baaahaha!
Also is there anything i should check/do to it before i put it on the car
Thanks given by:
TBH get someone whos done one to help you do it if your unsure what you need i wouldnt start swapping without knowing what the bits are, will save you putting HELP threads up like most do lol or just have a bloody good read over the guides etc
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
think thats gonna b my best bet lol
Thanks given by:
it is really easy to do once you know how, like i said if you go through the guides for LDA and Bosch build etc they have pics of all parts of pump and allsorts so once you got a good understanding of it youl be fine alone
Thanks given by:
Il read up and see how i feel otherwise i might see if i can find a garage to do it all for me lol
Thanks given by:
Is there no one off forum close to you?
Thanks given by:
Im not sure im in south wales though?
Is there any mechanics on the forum im willing to travel and pay so i dont f*ck it up lol.
Thanks given by:
there are loads i would suggest having a look at helpful members topic in the couch see if there is anyone close and send them a pm
Thanks given by:
Ok will do know thanks.
Thanks given by:
Id be willing to help but its finding time off work and a fair travel as im in manchester but like Kwik said check whos close and im sure someone will be willing to help for some dollar Smile
Thanks given by:
yea works the main problem with me dont mind the travel
Thanks given by: