egr blanking/removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
egr blanking/removal
I want to disable the egr valve is there a blanking plate you can buy or make
I think i maybe right in saying that theres welding to be done to completely remove it
Thanks given by:
You can buy blanks from ebay. Can probably cut your own out of a piece of sheet metal I guess.

Not sure how to completely remove it on HDis, dont think theres a complete replacement tube like there is for other cars.
Thanks given by:
Me being stupid, ive had a scan through and theres about 3 threads on egr blabking and removal,
Appologies for repeating a thread. I have my answers from a previous thread.
Thanks given by:
the bloke who sells the blanks on ebay will do one for the exhaust side too so you can blank and remove the whole system.
Thanks given by:
Why the feck would anyone want to replace the EGR with a tube? Surely that's just an EGR without regulation, i don't see the point..?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No Tom is getting at the aftermarket Allard EGR blank kit you can get for VW Golfs. You're right it would be pointless on a HDi because of the routing. Best thing to do is to blank off the intake side and stop the actuator. Took me 5 mins to do on my Focus TDCi, access on the HDi is somewhat shit...

I bought a blanking plate off eBay a while back and would appreciate it if someone could link to / upload a photo of the correct one so I now I've not made an error...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's exactly what I meant Chris, but its not just golfs, they do similar ones for many cars. Smile

Also agreed about the crap access on the hdi, how would you even reach the EGR to do anything with it? Confused
Thanks given by:
Are you familiar with planking?

Yea, that's how.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Roll the engine forward and it's doable, would certainly rather do it with the engine out myself though...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EGR Blanking Esmyth124 1 879 05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Midnightclub
  egr blanking pug306driver 7 1,153 11-03-2015, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  egr blanking? JTaylor2005 4 1,163 21-02-2015, 06:48 PM
Last Post: shervo