Diesel leak

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel leak
Ive noticed this the other day had look earlier and its coming for the fuel pump (bosch) underneath at the back it just a drip every few second no really affecting mpg. Wondered if anyone else has had same problem I'm gonna put a bit of chemical metal on for now, will I need to get a reseal kit?
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2012, 04:02 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: Ive noticed this the other day had look earlier and its coming for the fuel pump (bosch) underneath at the back it just a drip every few second no really affecting mpg. Wondered if anyone else has had same problem I'm gonna put a bit of chemical metal on for now, will I need to get a reseal kit?

yeah i did running veg (which i still do) pump was leaking from the middle seal, dismantled the throttle arm and tightened the pump down, been A ok since . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
The thing is I haven't run veg which I thought is usually the main cause of seals going. Mines leaking under the pump and can't really see properly where it is coming from.
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:
(19-09-2012, 04:07 PM)Jtrigga Wrote: The thing is I haven't run veg which I thought is usually the main cause of seals going. Mines leaking under the pump and can't really see properly where it is coming from.

i don't think veg makes seals go mate, more pump pressure though as it struggles to push the veg through . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Likely to either be the rear advance piston cap or the pump head seal (between the bottom ally section and the square cast section) not much else it can leak from around there and they are both common to go.
Thanks given by:
The usual one I find is the throttle shaft seal and it drips down the back of the pump...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Il try put some chemical metal on for now see how it goes til i can sort it Smile
Bye Bye D-Turbo

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  diesel pump leak callumh121 3 1,109 08-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Last Post: callumh121
  Leak of Pipe Air Leak PaddyPug 5 2,873 18-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Last Post: PaddyPug
Thumbs Down Diesel leak DragonRacer 4 1,409 06-08-2013, 11:53 AM