HELP PLEASE !! stop light on fan wont stop !! HELP !!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE !! stop light on fan wont stop !! HELP !!
Hi

Iv recently bought a peugeot 306 1.4 2001
I have had an endless amount of problems with it, weve sorted most of problems but am stuck now please can someone shed some light im going out of my mind.

The stop light is on and wont go off
Fans kick in as soon as car is started even from cold and run of for 15 to 20 mins after turning off.
The car is running lumpy
Tries to cut out when pulling off

Had it on a tec machine its bringing up one fault p0115 coolent temp sensor, i have replaced two temp sensors on the engine with brand new ones, checked connections and cleaned earths and the fault is still there .......

Just found out that the rad and fans have been replaced with 1.6 gti ones which do not have a temp switch in the rad (could this be the problem?)

thanks
Thanks given by:
As said in the other thread your lumpy idle may be down to a faulty ICV

Sounds like you identified your own problem there with the temp switch on the swapped rad/fans its probably the reason why they stay on

I believe you have to clear the codes to see if they re appear
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do you have AC in your car? As a Phase 3 i'd expect it was bitron controlled, not temp switch.

The fan overruning you describe can also come from a corroded body to fan plug where the loom meets the fan cowling. It's a free check and it's worth seeing if there is green fuzzy crap in the plug. It has the potential to cause fires so do it sooner rather than later.

After heavy rains in 2011 I arrived at my parents after 180 miles of solid heavy rain. Next morning my fans were running by themselves. I took the loom plug off the fans and found all sorts of corrosion. Cleaned up and rebuilt and hey presto.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
iv had all earths off and cleaned them and all loom connections aswell. on the 1.4s there is a temp sensor on the rad but the rad on my car as been swaped for a twin fan and rad from a gti that has no tep switch /sensor.
and the diagnostic is only giving code p0115 (coolant temp sensor)
Thanks given by:
So find a temp sensor, and remove the bung from the radiator?
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question STOP light Bigyin306 14 3,201 27-08-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: WiNgNuTz
  car starts to stop... Welshdrg 7 1,905 20-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Niall