STOP light

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STOP light
Question 
Well I've spoke to soon, on the way to work to night got stuck in traffic for ages, when I looked down at the dash I had the stop warning light come on for a few seconds then got off then about 10 seconds later came back on and this carried on till I finely got moving again, now this only happened when my engine temp went over 90'c but the engine temp didn't go over 100'c stayed at about 98'c the whole time I was in traffic, gonna put my code reader on the car tomoz to see what codes come up but has anyone got any ideas or had the same problem?
Thanks given by:
My 1.4 used to do this in heavy traffic, its just because the engine is getting too warm basically. Does yours have the button for AC? (If it does, im assuming it doesnt work as standard? lol )

If you DO have the AC button, your best bet would be to disconnect the brown plug from the AC pipes just behind the drivers side headlight, and bridge pins 1 and 3 with a piece of wire. This effectively turns your AC button in the cabin into a manual override for the engine fans. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 07:32 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: My 1.4 used to do this in heavy traffic, its just because the engine is getting too warm basically. Does yours have the button for AC? (If it does, im assuming it doesnt work as standard? lol )

If you DO have the AC button, your best bet would be to disconnect the brown plug from the AC pipes just behind the drivers side headlight, and bridge pins 1 and 3 with a piece of wire. This effectively turns your AC button in the cabin into a manual override for the engine fans. Wink

I do have the ac button but the ac don't work lol will give this a try thanks buddy Smile
Thanks given by:
No worries....thats one of the best mods I ever did to my DT. That, and the "fogs on high beam" mod. Wink

Yet to do it to the estate, but only because the fans dont seem to work at the moment anyway. Undecided

Also, if you found this post helpful, you can utilise the "rep" button at the bottom of the post...looks like this -> [attachment=18510]

Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 07:49 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: No worries....thats one of the best mods I ever did to my DT. That, and the "fogs on high beam" mod. Wink

Yet to do it to the estate, but only because the fans dont seem to work at the moment anyway. Undecided

Also, if you found this post helpful, you can utilise the "rep" button at the bottom of the post...looks like this ->

Big Grin

cant seem to find that button mate
Thanks given by:
Might be because you're still below the post limit. Maybe another day then. lol
Thanks given by:
Yes mate I won't forget lol
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 07:49 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: No worries....thats one of the best mods I ever did to my DT. That, and the "fogs on high beam" mod. Wink

Also, if you found this post helpful, you can utilise the "rep" button at the bottom of the post...looks like this ->

Big Grin

Every time you ask for rep I'm going to drop the total by 10 :p

Newbies don't have access to the rep system till they reach 100 posts
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Wasn't asking boss, just a friendly reminder! Wink figured as much anyway...
Thanks given by:
Yeh its probably getting too hot. If it says stop but you know youve got open road ahead then dont stop and go for it. Either you need to get air flowing through the rad fast enough to cool it or you have to stop and let it cool for a long time!
Thanks given by:
I remember an incident in my old Gti6, where I drove through a deep puddle and water was splashed up into my arch lining. There is a control unit of some kind for the fans located here (often referenced as the bitron unit) which got soaked. For a few days afterwards my engine stop light would intermittently come on for a few minutes at a time.

When I looked at the wiring it became clear it was in a position where it was prone to this happening, and other 306's I've had have shown signs of wear.

Just some food for thought! Best of luck with the fix, keep us posted Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Any other dash lights on other than STOP? Low oil pressure or high coolant temp?
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Will keep ya posted and nope no other warning lights on the dash
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2014, 07:32 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: My 1.4 used to do this in heavy traffic, its just because the engine is getting too warm basically. Does yours have the button for AC? (If it does, im assuming it doesnt work as standard? lol )

Tryed the trick with the wire and the plug, works a treat so thanks for the tip bud
Thanks given by:
No worries, glad to have helped out. Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP PLEASE !! stop light on fan wont stop !! HELP !! leagilksy 4 2,174 15-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Last Post: C2K